beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing. I use it for my under eye concealer and it blends it so well. I used to use a dry flat top brush and it left my under eyes so cakey and dry looking! I didn't realize how good my make up could look until I started using the beauty blender. The sponginess plus the moisture really blends it into my skin and reduces harsh edges (for those who like a bright highlighted look). Only down side is that it's a little small to use all over the face for foundation unless you're really patient with bouncing that little sponge everywhere which is why I primarily use it for under eyes. It is also a little difficult to hold the narrow end and use all over the face because it is easy to lose grip. Therefore if you have fast drying foundation you better work quick! Also, nothing really cleans the sponge extremely well for me so I'm guessing I need to purchase the cleanser too which is very expensive. Lastly, it is expensive but well worth the money.

on 5/8/2014 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Heard about this and saw this around for years...only got to buying it now. Mainly because I was lazy to wash it every day.

I have a couple of foundations that don't work well for me (sinking into pores) and I thought that I would give it a try. In fact, I was going to bin my Becca Matte Skin Shine Proof Foundation because it looked awful whether I used fingers or foundation brushes. It just sank into my pores immediately after application. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't happen when I used my Beauty Blender. In fact the foundation looked pretty decent and lasted more than 12 hours on me looking just fine.

Pros:
- Natural coverage. This is going to be a con if you want heavy coverage. You can layer your foundation but it might take a longer time to apply.
- No brush streaks, foundation looks smooth
- Can be washed quickly (<2 min) with the solid beauty blender soap. I bought mine in a set and the soap is good, it doesn't turn icky if you drain it out properly.
- The sharper side is good for edges of the nose etc. It really blends the foundation out in these places
- Foundation doesn't settle into pores.

Cons:
- Have to wash it after every use or foundation might stain it
- Have to soak it in water and squeeze it out before using...time consuming for me as I have to run to the toilet to do that D-:
- I use more foundation than usual. After all, it's a sponge, it soaks up some foundation in the process. For me, roughly half a pump more as compared to using brushes
- Won't last as long as a brush, has to be replaced
- Takes longer for me to blend my foundation as compared to using a brush.

I really do like this despite the fact that it takes longer for me to apply my make up in the morning. If I'm in a rush, I would choose to use my regular brushes though. However, if you have a foundation you don't like, perhaps you could try using a beauty blender as an alternative form of application. I have heard of the pink beauty blender bleeding color when washed but my black one has held up just fine.l would repurchase this for sure.

I know: $20 for a SPONGE! It is a ridiculous price, but if you can afford it, GET IT! I tried the $5 dupes, but the real thing knocks those out of the park! The dupes Aren't even comparable! Once it's wet and you've squeezed out the excess, it will be very fat and soft. Dot your foundation / bb cream all over your face, then stipple it with your beauty blender using the fat side, and use the skinny side to stipple under eye concealer and the results are airbrushed, and natural. It looks like actual skin, and as if you're skin was naturally porcelain perfect. Amazing product, but pricy

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

YOU. NEED. THIS. IN. YOUR. LIFE. NOW.

I know what you're thinking, a $20 makeup sponge? Not happening. I thought that too, at first. After buying the dupes at TJ Maxx/Marshalls and absolutely hating them (let me tell you, the dupes are NOT the same).. I caved and bought the beauty blender set for $25 on Amazon.

BEST. DECISION. OF. MY. LIFE.

The beauty blender changes the way you apply foundation completely. Being so easy to use, and for the finish it gives to your skin, I don't know how I went without this for so long. I had watched SEVERAL you tube gurus use the beauty blender, but I just couldn't fathom the thought of spending $20+ on a friggin sponge. Like I said, I bought the dupes; I think one of the dupes I tried was by the brand "Revive." That sponge was horrible, it felt like I was punching myself in the face when applying my make up, and the Sonia Kashuk one didn't do anything for me either. The beauty blender can be used with so many different products (foundation, cream blush, conealer)-- Really, just about anything. They last a pretty good amount of time as well.

I haven't used a brush to apply any foundation to my face in nearly a year.. I would HIGHLYYYYY recommend investing in the beauty blender.. you'll fall in love. I promise.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best EVER!!!!! No dupe will ever come close. Worth every penny of the $20! I will buy again and again and again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I personally love this beauty sponge and work very well with HD camera. No streaks and even application. I use it all the time on all my makeup tutorials.

Check beauty tutorials (All under 4 minutes)

on 8/12/2014 4:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My first foundation sponge was of course none other then those white wedge sponges that at one point everyone including makeup artist used to apply foundation. When I realized that Prescriptives was selling a foundation brush, that was the first time I had ever tried one. So I bought it and used for over 10 years. When kabuki brushes came out, I knew I had to try that so I rushed out and got one as well. I used that one for about a year, but still was never satisfied with how my makeup ever looked with any of those foundation applicator tools. That is until I heard, bought and tried the beauty blender sponge.

Out of all the tools I have used in my life to apply my foundation and concealer, nothing has worked as well as my beauty blender. I cannot say enough about this product. This sponge works like magic. It makes my foundation go on smoothly, leaves no streaks behind and blends so amazingly. It literally gives you a flawless coverage to the point where if you stipple it, it hide your pores with your foundation that it gives you a porcelain like complexion! I know the famous makeup artist Wayne Goss says not to over do it with the perfect no pore complexion, but I just love the way it makes my face look.

However the only problem I have with this sponge is that it started breaking part only after a few months. I would of thought it would of lasted longer then 2-3 month worth of use. Note, I don't wear makeup everyday, so that really disappointed me!

on 8/14/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Okay...okay I caved about bought a £16 sponge. I thought it was just marketing and hype for YEARS I mean seriously...it's a sponge. But how wrong I was! It is a shame that everyone's idea of make up sponges are the £1 pieces of crap you can buy anywhere that soak in your foundation, make your skin blotchy and just do not work. This is a revolutionary product, as soon as I opened the package and felt it instantly I knew this is a superior product, it is very well made, very dense, does not feel cheap in the slightest. Very durable product too. As for foundation application, even, packs it into your skin densly so you can really can a flawless finish and can make it full coverage. It is well known but it will not work for water based foundation as they are too thin for sponges, anything liquid/creme/emollient is perfect though. 5/5

on 8/14/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Worth the money. I periodically buy/use other sponges and brushes, but I always end up coming back to this. It doesn't soak up all of your product and gives the smoothest finish. Will continue to buy.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't stand this product after using it three times. I didn't like how the foundation just sat in the sponge - it just didn't look sanitary to me and I don't have time to wash it every time and wait for it to dry. Not to mention, the pink dye just kept running off whenever I washed it and that's something I don't want transferring onto my face. The application didn't amaze me either - I was so disappointed.

I've tried other beauty sponges before and my favourite one only cost me $5, so for $26, I expected more. Buying quality brushes I think is the way to go and will probably last longer. I won't be repurchasing it because there are better cosmetic applicators.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools