beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 10/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The Beauty Blender is super soft, and that's my favorite thing about it. That's also really the only difference between it and another blending sponge. You get the same results. It's great for the eye area because it applies makeup so gently. I don't know whether its worth the price though yet.

I washed it a few times now and each time the dye has bled. Not liking that.
The first time, the dye bled a lot. Now the sponge is a lighter pink color.
Im also starting to feel like it takes less time to just use my hand/fingers for foundation application then using this. Eiether way you get nice results.

on 10/28/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All of the previous reviews are spot-on. It does an AH MA ZING job delivering a flawless foundation finish, is a pain to clean, and spendy. But I love it. My only question is this: Does anyone have any comparison to make between this and the cheapy, wedge-shaped drugstore sponges? Curious!

on 1/12/2013 4:26:00 PM

I love this! I finally found the best thing to put on my bare minerals and my other makeup as well! I have been using bare minerals for at least 15 years (I am 59) and finally a way to put it on that eliminates fall-out and minerals wasted all over the sink. The first time I put it on I only did my foundation and I was stunned at the smooth air-brushed look. This morning I tried it to put on my eyeshadow, and even though I wear a dark color in my crease (soul sister) it still came out terrific. I also used it today to put on a powdered blush, a powdered bronzer, and concealer. I bought the pack with 2 and the cleanser. Today I ended up using both of them, as I used the pointy end of one for my concealer around my nose and eyes, and the other one I used the pointy end for my bare minerals shadow. What a joy to clean with the cleanser. Amazing that after all these years of using makeup I found a new tool. I am so pleased. Thanks to all of you, or without reading the reviews, I never would have even heard of it. Try using it for your mineral makeup! Less waste and a beautiful look.

on 3/21/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I hesitated for a long time before purchasing the set from sephora including two blenders and a bottle of the cleanser (which I really like as well). I use this almost anytime I use liquid foundation although sometimes I use my sigma f80. I think this gives a better finish than the f80 but sometimes I don't feel like using the sponge since it takes a little longer due to having to wet before use (yes I am that lazy sometimes haha). this never over applies my makeup yet it is really easy to build coverage with. I usually put the makeup on the back of my hand and then dot onto my face before using the blender as I am worried that if I dipped the blender straight into the makeup it might go to waste. The sponge is very easy to clean (I usually use the cleanser it came with since that is what has worked best for me) and I try to be gentle so as not to open the pores and tear it. I really like the pointed end as well for around the eye area.

on 4/2/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the comments below. This baby makes it easy to apply and evens out the amount of foundation on my skin. Its very pricey in Australia...around $24-$29 for a single sponge! I bought the white one from www.radiantbubbles.com.au and got it discounted to $21. Was very happy with the purchase and saved!

I will repurchase this again. love this product!!!!!

on 4/8/2013 11:39:00 PM

It works great but if it breaks i probably won't repurchase.

on 4/21/2013 10:25:00 PM

I bought this only because I had a gift certificate and didn't need anything else so I fugured what the hell, let me try it. I didn't have any crazy expectations even though it has great reviews and a cult following, I mean, my god, it's just a sponge, what could it really do, right? wrong! This little thing has totally blown me away like unbelievable! It gives THE most amazing light flawless airbrushed perfect finish that looks like there is absolutely nothing on your skin. Never in a million years did I think a sponge could do this. And it's incredible for cream blush!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing product.
It just makes my foundation application so smooth, easy and airbrushed.
Sorry, brushes, but this is my new number one <3

on 5/18/2013 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

For years, I resisted purchasing this trying to avoid the hype. I thought to myself..what's the big deal? It's a sponge. How different can it be from those sponge wedges I can buy from CVS or walmart?

It is truly something special people. It diffuses the liquid foundation to a natural finish while keeping the coverage. It's pretty awesome. I try to take good care of it because it's so expensive. It's difficult to wash even with the beauty blender soap.

Love the beauty blender, applies makeup flawlessly.

However I have concerns, as the blender is slightly wet when using, I am afraid that this is affect my sunscreen. What I mean about that is, will the water remove some of the sunscreen (I put that on first every morning, and let it soak in a few mins), making it less effective?

I use la roche posay anthelios 50 (i have very very fair skin). However, I am sure this sunscreen is not water proof and I don't want to change to another one because it really suits my skin best.

I sent a message to beauty blender but don't know if their response will be bias, are there any dermatologists out there who could answer this question for me?

Popular Misc Beauty Tools