beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I will never apply makeup without this. I've always used my fingers and I've tried to use brushes but I didn't really like it as much.

Over the winter I was struggling with some really stubborn dry skin and my makeup looked awful every day no matter what. A rep at Sephora recommended this and I winced at the price, she used it to apply some foundation to my face and it looked AMAZING. I didn't think such a soft, airbrushed finish was possible for me, and it did seem to prevent the foundation from sticking to my dry patches.

So of course I bought it and I haven't looked back once since then. Can't live without it, don't ever want to apply my foundation any other way.

on 9/15/2015 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have been interested in this sponge since the very first day I saw it on one of the many youtube videos it is presented in. I just loved how it worked for other girls. It didn't disappoint me when I purchased it myself. I absolutely love the way my foundation looks when applied with it. It is better than using a brush in my opinion and it's also so much more fun! I recommed this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The price hurts a bit but this is the sponge on the market as of now. I know because I have compared it next to all the other sponges I have owned before and this is an absolute winner.

If you're new to the BeautyBlender game I suggest you go for the original version, which is pink. It does leak colour over the time, but that's because it has some vegetable dyes in it which are harmless to your skin. You can always go for the white version if you want no dyes at all.

I find that this sponge makes my makeup look absolutely stunning! I have noticed that I use it all over the face: to blend my concealer, to apply foundation, remove extra blush or bronzer, even blending in a cream highlighter - this product is amazing.

If you want to read how it compares to Miracle Complexion Sponge you can check the review below. Hope it helps!

on 1/11/2016 12:21:00 PM

After being a beauty blender skeptic for a while now, I finally gave into the hype and bought the BB. The finish it gives is flawless and I'll probably never use my fingers for foundation again. The price is a little steep but I have not been disappointed!

on 3/2/2016 7:57:00 AM

I love this sponge! it creates the most flawless finish and it's super easy to use. I can get into all the nooks and crannies on my face including the inner corner of the eye and around my nose. There are no streaks or weird residue from products left on my skin when I use the Beautyblender. It just all blends in seamlessly. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.

I was initially worried that the sponge will absorb a lot of the product and I'll have to use quite a bit more when using it for foundation or concealer, but I haven't noticed that to be a problem. In my opinion, i don't use more product with the sponge than with a brush.

I'm slightly concerned that, like all sponges, it'll have issues with bacteria growth, so I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning it, which is a bit time consuming. But as this thing is being rolled all over my face, it's worth the extra effort.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This has become so iconic, that you only need to call it "the Sponge" for people to know what you're talking about. Sort like saying "the Pill" and you automatically know it's about birth control.

But I digress. Usually I'm the *teensiest* bit skeptical about overly hyped products, but this is one of those rare occasions where a product not only lives up to its reputation, but exceeded my expectations.

When the beauty blender first arrived on the scene, I naively believe that it would be just like the cosmetic wedges, only in the form of a water drop.

Boy, was I wrong. This should be called, "Beauty Blender: Miracle Worker."

Ok, maybe not, but it's still a really great product to keep in your stash.

For those of you who are looking for an inexpensive dupe, consider trying the big purple sponge from the Crème Shop. I picked it up from Marshall's recently for around $4, and it's been great so far, unlike all the other dupes I've tried. The only big difference is that the beauty blender is a bit easier to clean, and the purple sponge doesn't have a pointed tip for blending in corners and under eyes.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Love how the product works, makes my foundation look awesome and blends everything nicely. Super bouncy unlike its cheap copies and big enough to save me some time on spreading product on my face. Never touched a foundation brush ever since I own the beautyblender.
However, I'm very disappointed about a few things. It soaks in so much foundation and it's very hard to wash it all off unless you got some time to spend on rinsing the sponge. It doesn't dry as quick as it should and so it's full of black dots of humidity. Worse than that, today was I was trying to wash the foundation off the beautyblender sponge and when squeezing it literally the bottom part "broke", I can't put it to words. Very disappointed specially because I did not use any different soap which could be the reason it weakened and became almost unusable now.
If it wasn't for that, I would totally recommend it to anyone else thinking about buying it.
Due to such circumstances, might give the Real Techniques sponge a go and then decide if the beautyblender is worth the 20 bucks or not.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using this with my foundation exactly 2 months ago. Can't live without it now. Will repurchase although I have a BIG issue with it.
I've used it for only 7 weeks (once daily) and already there's mold on it. Before one says I've not managed it properly, let me say,
@I clean it after EVERY USE with the original BB soap
@I let is stand on its side, vertically, perched on top of its container in my airy vanity top, so it stores/dries properly - never inside a containers or enclosed where mold can grow.
Yet, small patches of mold appear, and only after less than 2 months of usage. I'm devastated as I really love using this for foundation. At a per use rate for less than 60 days, it is very very expensive.
Updated 19July2016:
I snipped off the tiny black specks on the sides of my BB with a pair of small scissors (the top and pointed ends are not affected/disfigured). I now put it in my bedroom (instead of my bathroom shelf) to dry. So, all's good. As I said, this is really a wonderful makeup tool despite all.

on 7/2/2016 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

So I finally caved in and bought this after having gone through several RT sponges.
And I don't love it.
It is a lot firmer than the RT sponge imo and also smaller. I felt it works nicely for my cream concealer and the point side gets into my eye area better than the RT sponge, but i usually use a brush which I LOVE (thank you zoeva concealer buffer!!!!) for that.
I use a spong mainly for mu application and this was just so...meh. It was okayish but not for the price tag and the hype. It gave me quite a thick finish which I do not like. The RT sponge gives me a so much lighter and even finish looking so much more natural.

I'm almost thinking about returning this. Why bother with it when there's a SO MUCH CHEAPER and better sponge out there?

I really wanted to love this but maybe my expectations were too high because I had already found the right product for me.

I might get the tiny BB though and see if that'll be nice for undereye and around the nose concealer.

Yes it's the best sponge applicator out there, regardless of the gazillion dupes nothing will compare to the beauty blender. The rating is because I'm a brush type of person I feel like using a sponge sheers out and foundation and wastes products. And too much hand work you feel me?

Popular Misc Beauty Tools