beautyblender the sponge

4.3

on 4/8/2013 1:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Hands down the best tool ever. Applies much faster and smoother than brushes. Gives a semi-dewy finish that's pretty much like a airbrush finish.

on 4/8/2013 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

So many make up artists raved about the Beauty Blender that I decided to try it. So, I paid what I consider to be an outrageous amount of money for a sponge, ordering it from Sephora. At first I did not like it at all and it sat in my cabinet after the first time I tried to use it. Then, I decided to give it another try and voila! I actually realized what the fuss was all about. It definitely makes my foundation go on with a nice air brushed look. It also ultimately helps my make up from looking too powdery once I am done. I would recommend it but think it is an acquired taste and one has to work with it to appreciate it. Good luck!

on 5/7/2013 1:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this sponge so so so much.

Please trust me when I say the sonia kashuk and other generic brands with their knock off versions of this do not compare at all.

I use this with my foundation by wetting it, squeezing it and then squeezing it again with my towel so it is does not have a lot of water on it.

I noticed that when my sponge is more damp my concealer gets rubbed off when I try to blend it.

washing it is pretty easy too although some of the pink from the sponge comes off in the process thats not a big deal to me.

Overall I don't like that this is 20 bucks but I will forever be purchasing this miracle sponge.

on 6/7/2013 10:32:00 AM

I was a little hesitant to buy this product since i preferred to stick to my brushes. But I heard such rave reviews about this product that I wanted to give it a shot. I was considering buying a dupe, but figured I should give a the original one a chance.

This sponge may look ordinary but I was really impressed by it! It doesn't feel like a normal sponge at all.

When I used it to apply liquid products like my liquid foundation, bb cream and concealer, I could see that it made my makeup super seamless and smooth! My foundation had no streaks at all and it kinda looked like my second skin!

on 8/2/2013 11:42:00 AM

This thing is amazing. I even use it to put on my bronzer,blush, and highlighter. Brushes are a thing of the past after using this. I would get the package deal, that way you can use one for foundation and concealer and one for blush and bronzer :)

on 8/5/2013 9:38:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've been using my brushes less and less after purchasing this sponge. I only use it for liquid foundation and it makes it go on flawlessly. It looks like I'm not even wearing foundation and I don't have to worry about streaks across my face.

I highly recommend getting the cleanser that's specifically made to use with this sponge. It is also pricey, but well worth it. You get a lot of cleanser and it can be used with makeup brushes as well. Baby shampoo just doesn't seem to cut it with cleaning this sponge.

on 8/26/2013 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I love this sponge and I'm sooooo glad I got it on sale for 12.00 with free shipping. Once I learned how to use it with a kinda bounce and roll motion my makeup (liquid foundation, concealer and TM specifically) looked sooo much better, it was even and smooth and well....better! It is delicate however and after only having it for less than a week I noticed a tiny tear in it; and I have short nails. So now what I do is when I wet it, I squeeze it between the palms of my hand and then again with a towel. The BB is really soft and smooth on my skin. Oh I almost forgot to mention that I did NOT dip the sponge in my foundation, I dotted foundation on my face first then used the sponge. I hope when I need a new one I can luck up on a sale again.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

All of you who think this little guy is just a glorified sponge...I was in the same boat as you. Keyword...WAS! I recently purchased this from Sephora for $19.95 (quite steep for a sponge I will admit) but I am very pleased with how it works. After running it under some cold water, I like cold because it is refreshing when applying my makeup, it doubles in size and is much softer and squishier than other sponges. It applies makeup flawlessly, and doesn't leave cakeyness or streaks. I find it also helps my foundation go a long way. For example, when using Laura Mercier Silk Creme, I only need less than a pea sized amount to cover my entire face when using the Beauty Blender.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

The ingenious invention that is the Beauty Blender beats in my opinion any foundation brush, hands down.

I have several expensive foundations that I was not using due to the difficulty in application (they looked heavy and very obvious on the skin when applied with fingers, streaky when applied with a brush - hello Dior Forever) but now applied with BB these jumped to the top of the list of my absolute favourites!

I cannot agree however that this is much different to some much cheaper make up sponges. Before the BB I was using one from Essence (a German brand that I unfortunately cannot get in UK, it was a gift from my friend) that I've left accidentally behind in a hotel room and I also have another by Real Techniques, that lives in my travel makeup bag. Personally I do not see much difference - there isn't any difference in the quality of sponge, the way it applies makeup or washes after use.

Luckily I do not own many expensive brushes because I would have been jolly furious - this little pink utensil works with a flawless application of the trickiest of foundations, as well as concealer (that pointy tip is such a wonderful idea!) and all of my cream blushes.

There are two gripes with this sponge imho - packing it for travel and an outrageous price at Sephora if you would need to replace one. I would however buy it back in a heartbeat hence 5 star rating.

on 10/31/2013 10:18:00 PM

I love this sponge. I get a flawless application that I definitely can't achieve with any dupe sponges. It is worth a try if you love liquid foundation!!!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools