beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Well, I seem to be definitely in the minority here......read the glowing reviews and decided to purchase this product - although it's ridiculous to spend so much $$$ on a sponge - but hey, if it will make my makeup look fabulous thought it would be worth it.

This sponge did NOTHING for me....my makeup looks much better when applied with my fingers or a simple CVS sponge.

What a waste!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Applies foundation that is otherwise hard to apply evenly, if sheerer. Great for cream blush, and even setting powder. Expensive, but it seems like it will last a long time, after 4 months it still looks like new.

on 12/15/2009 6:45:00 PM

The bomb! I love this sponge. I normally use my fingers or MAC's 187 brush to stipple on liquid foundation. With this sponge I literally use less than 1/2 the product I used to with the same coverage. The only downside is that I have to wash the sponge after every use, but I do the same with the 187 brush anyway. If you didnt pick up with cleanser, you can use Phil purity foam cleanser b/c it gets all the makeup out of the sponge.

Before I picked up the BB, I purchased the Sonia Kashuk purple face sponge and I like that sponge too but that dense sponge is no comparison to the light soft feel of the BB. Follow the tips, wet the sponge first and squeeze it out on a dry towel then apply foundation. Works like a charm

on 11/2/2010 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product and I cannot live without it now. I hate foundation brushes. I apply foundation with it and pat my concealer in with it. I love the texture, the colour, the shape. I use it dry, I use it wet...doesn't matter which way I use it, I always get a great finish with it.

on 11/17/2010 1:11:00 PM

This thing is great it take a little longer to put your foundation on but it makes any foundation look flawless <3

WOW. Just, WOW.
I've been hearing the buzz about this sponge forever, but never bought one. Now that I have one, I can't figure out why I didn't buy this ages ago! It's an absolute MUST for any kind of cream, liquid, cream to liquid foundation.
I'm currently using dermablend cover cream, which if anything reminds me of pancake. It's great, but it's seriously hard to work with. I was working with a MAC foundation sponge, and having issues. The blender makes it go on so beautifully! I also tried it with my MAC studio fix (which is also a tricky foundation) and again, perfect application.
It's easy to use, just follow the instructions. I love the point for precision application, and the rounded end for buffing. My makeup goes on flawless, and I use about half as much it seems like because it spreads so well. Dust with a little MUFE HD powder, and it's like I have perfect skin, and you have to be an inch from my face to see any makeup.
I swear if this had cost me $50 I would have thought it was worth it, so $20 is perfectly reasonable (Plus a good foundation brush which doesn't give as good of an application will cost you at least $30).

on 4/24/2011 12:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this sponge. It really works well with my Estee Lauder double wear to make it go on smoother and look less cakey/masky. I tried the Sonia Kushak sponge first, and I liked it, but it got me wondering if this would be better, and IT IS! It is much softer than the Sonia sponge which I think makes for easier/smoother application. I bought a 2 pack on Amazon and while I feel they are expensive for what they are, I would definitely buy again. If you're debating between the two, take the $10 you were gonna spend on a Sonia sponge and apply it towards this. It's worth it! (and I'm pretty cheap) LOL

Saw makeupbytiffanyd and makeupgeek on youtube use this, and I decided to give it a try. Got it in the mail yesterday and used it this morning and I really like the results. I used it damp as suggested and I bounce it around my face in a stippling motion. Works great with a heavier foundation (laura mercier's silk creme foundation). Gives a nice even coverage that looks very natural. I use very little product and yet it still gives good coverage to even out my skintone. What I love most about this sponge, is using it for my undereye concealer. It just blends in really well and looks more natural than a concealer brush or patting it in with my fingertips. And it doesn't take away from the coverage. Love this and won't be using anything else

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this from my BFF Raena and i totally LOVE this sponge. I must admit that i never like anything like brushes or sponges..just used my fingers BUT this item make SUCH BIG difference to my make up. My skin & make up looks so much better. I LOVE it and will buy again for sure. THANK YOU RAENA

on 6/26/2011 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought a pack of 2 just to see what the hype is all about. Yes, it does a good job of putting on liquid or cream fdn using a stamping motion on the skin. I find I can do the same with other latex sponge of various shapes using the same stamping motion. The Beautyblender is a denser sponge as compared to other latex sponge. The tip does not work for the inner corner of the eyes and the bag area no matter what, it just doesn't get there, a concealer brush does a much much better job.
For the crazy price Beautyblender charge, it is totally not worth it.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools