beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 7/19/2016 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this product but feel some of the knock off/other versions are just as good. As much as I like it, I won't replace it for $20 once it dies. The Real Techniques are fabulous and 1/5 the cost, and there are other versions on Amazon and in drugstores that perform the same in my experience. So, as much as I enjoy the product, I feel a little ripped off by the price tag, given that competitors do the SAME job.

That said, it does perform well. I use it with BB creams, tinted moisturizer, concealer, loose powder - it does a lovely job.

on 7/30/2016 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Really does blend products amazing, love using it for under eye concealer and for pigmented cream blushes to get a flawless finish.

Cons: Seems to be impossible to get clean, I wash it over and over again and there are still foundation stains on the sponge, runs pink dye every time I wash it.
Soaks up a lot of foundation and concealer giving a sheerer coverage on the face, which is fine till you actually want a full coverage look.

At $30 I wont be repurchasing this product again.

on 9/18/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had the Shiseido sponge for a while and I liked it better. I felt like it was soaking up less product, and that it was blending it smoother than the Beauty Blender. However, this sponge is still nice. It blends products flawlessly and it gives a beautiful finish. I'm kind of on the fence for this product. It's soaking up too much product to be a holy grail for me, even if I soak it up with water first.

Yes it is a convenient tool to have but I probably wouldn't repurchase again, because I have done a comparisons between this and just using clean fingers the results are the same if not better. With fingers you can even get more control and less products to apply foundation or other cream products. So I wouldn't say it's a essential product especially for the price tag.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, the Beautyblender sponge seems crazy expensive. But that's because it's been made with unicorn tears that will melt your foundation perfectly into your skin.

Okay, so maybe there are no unicorn tears but the sponge has truly changed my makeup routine. I've also tried the Real Techniques sponge, which is good but it just doesn't blend as smoothly, easily or as quickly as the Beautyblender.

Pros:
- leave a very smooth, even finish to your foundation and concealer. Easy to blend out around the jaw line and really presses foundation into the skin more a more natural look
- no streak marks like you get with some brushes
- Stops foundation from looking heavy on the skin
- It's quick to use and easy to wash/maintain

Cons:
- Price...but it's worth it

I won't be without one of these in my makeup arsenal from now on.

on 10/20/2016 4:50:00 AM

I love it

on 10/24/2016 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

As much as I love my Beauty Blender, It sometimes is a pain removing the stains on the actual blender even when I am using its branded soap or shampoo. It can be quite fragile. I have to be careful when cleaning and using it.
I prefer using it damp and use a patting motion to blend my products. Dry...not so much.
That being said, I'm not sure what I did before they invented this thing.....

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

makes my concealer and foundation look flawless, way better than most brushes i've tried

on 11/14/2016 4:04:00 AM

At first I was hesitant to spend over $20 for a make up sponge that you're meant to throw out after a few months but now I don't question the price tag at all. It can make a full coverage foundation just melt into your skin and you still get the coverage but no 'cake face'. Highly highly recommend spending the money and even though they recommend throwing it out after 3 months, if you wash it regularly and take care of it you can keep it longer.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools