beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.6

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

This is a foundation lover MUST HAVE item. I had been putting off buying this sponge for the longest time, simply unwilling to splurge on it. I bought a knock off Manicare purple one to try. The knock off one wont last, tip came off.
So being a foundation junkie, I bought the double sponges pack for S$39.90 from BHG (USD30) which is pretty close to price in the US.
Nothing come close to comparism with the original sponge, foundation application never been such a breeze with airbrush finishes. I used it with my liquid and cream foundations, and all looks flawless.
Cleaning is a pain though, be careful not to nick your nail into it while washing.
Splurge on the original one if you can.

on 2/23/2013 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is without a doubt the best sponge I've ever used for applying base but I just don't reach for it. I do my makeup at my vanity and having to soak the thing in water is very inconvenient. Also, because it requires a sink to clean this sits waiting to be cleaned longer than my bushes (which I spot clean after every use) - can't be good for acne prone skin.

I find it covers gently and offers the fullest version of whatever coverage the product that you start with is capable of. Because it is so soft on the skin I don't feel like it blends as well as I'd like and it can leave a 'nice makeup' look to the face instead of the 'nice skin' finish which I prefer. I tend to use this only to blend and soften heavy liquid foundations or blend concealer into my base after I've applied with a brush already. This is great for special occasions when I want full but soft coverage but is too fiddly for daily use.

I like my beauty blenders and I have a couple of them which I use for special occasion makeup. If you're already a sponge user than these are by far the best of their genre but I find brushes much more convenient and provide a less obvious finish.

I think 40 for two sponges is a lot to ask and I'm not sure the product justifies the price. But they are the nicest sponges I've ever tried and they've lasted for a long time. If you're happy to part with the cash they're fine sponges but not sure if I'll be buying any more of them.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I love this! This made my foundation application a whole lot easier, faster, and better. A lot of different types and brands of foundations work with the Beauty Blender. I find that I grab for this more often than the other foundation brushes that I have now. Don't get me wrong, the brushes out there are still good but this is different. This really blends the foundation to the skin so smoothly, covers pores and imperfections with ease and you don't have to worry about your skin getting streaky where you have to go back and blend it again and again. Just be diligent in cleaning it after every use to protect it and keep it in good quality longer. Also, I apply the foundation all over my face and neck in wide stripes or dots with my fingers then blend and bounce it on with the beauty blender. I do not pick up the foundation, especially if it's liquid, with this cause it kinda soaks up a good amount of the product before it reaches the skin. But still, will definitely repurchase over and over than the brushes!

on 11/3/2010 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

OK this is the second day I have used my beautyblenader and it is FABULOUS! The application gives a flawless finsh. At first I could not understand what evereyone meant but now.... I'm sorry I waited so long to get one.... I will never use a brush again to apply my foundation! The imitation ones (sephora yellow, & sonia Kashuk Blue)DO NOT add up The beautyblender is one of a kind. The texture is different and it expands which the others don't. I ourchased them from Sephora online and you get two for $25.95 and one for $19.95 so it better for your $$ to get the 2-pack. I do recommend this to everyone It should be in everyone makeup collections.

on 10/4/2010 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

I purchased this item at IMATS LA 2010 in Pasadena. One vendor was selling them for $10 each. Why I didn't purchase a gazillion of them I'll never know.
I have purchased the SK version at Target at least three times. I was always disappointed with the product. It would begin to break apart after two or three washings and would crumble on my face. The BeautyBlender feels softer and more pliable in my hand. I have vigorously washed this sponge a minimum of 10 times and there is absolutely no crumbling or breaking apart.
I use creme foundation (Cinema Secrets is the foundation of the moment). I use a foundation brush to apply the product to my face, spritz the BeautyBlender with my glycerin and rosewater solution and stipple/blend the creme foundation out. I get such flawless coverage that I have been asked if I airbrush my foundation. It does that well.
You don't have to use so much product to achieve the look you are going for.
I definitely recommend the purchase of the BeautyBlender. When I attend IMATS LA 2011, I will definitely stock up.

on 2/15/2010 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I got this sponge as a present for X-mas & I had just started using it the other day, which yes I know is crazy but I didn't know how to use it but if I would have just opened it up I would have seen the directions right in there...duh!! Lol!! But anyways, I've only used it about 3x & I really like it, after reading the directions & watching a couple videos on youtube its so simple & very multipurpose! You can use it with foundation, liquid or powder, concealer, cream blush, or just about anything!! The pointy end let's you use it in hard to reach areas & the wider end is for larger spaces. I got the one sponge with the clean which, is great also & clean up is so much quicker than cleaning regular mu brushes, I actually don't mind cleaning the sponge after every use unlike washing mu brushes where u have to pull out the shampoo & everything then let dry over night or so. Yeah, the sponge has to sit there & dry too but it seems so much faster & easier! Prior to me using this sponge I had bought the MAC 190 brush & tried that for almost a week & didn't like it at all so I just returned it & feel much more comfortable using this or my 187 brush. Yes, this sponge is a bit expensive but I recommend you getting one, it is worth it! Even though I didn't buy this one, I am gonna get another, once this one gets old because its so good!!

on 12/7/2009 9:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I'm in love with this sponge! Yes, it's expensive but the professional results it gives are well worth the cost. I bought a package of 2 BB sponges and BB cleanser in August. It's December and I'm still using the first sponge, which is just starting to show signs wear. I've tried using my fingers, foundation brushes & various cheaper sponges with no success. The BB sponge has made a believer in me. I get a smoothe, even, streak-free application. I use a dampened BB sponge and use the stippling technique the manufacturers suggest. I recommend you get the BB cleanser. And wash your sponge every day. It should only take a couple of minutes. t thoroughly cleanses the sponges (I've even use it for my brushes and have used it on cheap drugs store sponges).

Popular Misc Beauty Tools