beautyblender the sponge

4.5

on 2/6/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I did not find this to be worth the price. Although I don't wear foundation, I do use liquid concealer where needed, and I thought might be a better application tool than my MAC 130. It isn't, however, so I am returning this to ebeauty.

on 1/28/2012 10:18:00 PM

I love this sponge!! it is so worth the hype! I bought the beauty blender about a year ago and have been loving it since. It applies my foundation, streak-free and really quickly. And just the tiniest amount covers my face so well. I put little dots of foundation around my face and stipple it around with the beauty blender. And mind you, I own other foundation brushes- mac, sephora platinum #55, a stippling brush etc.. but I keep coming back to this one. The only thing is, if you're not religious with washing your beauty blender it can leave a foundation stain on it. But other than that, amazing sponge- well worth the money.

on 1/20/2012 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is an expensive product but well worth it IMO. I have the two pack which is much more economical. My makeup looks flawless when I use my BB to apply. I just put a little foundtaion on the back of my hand, soak it up with the dampened BB and stipple on my face. Its quite quick and easy. I wash mine after every use but it is still stained a bit, which I honestly don't mind.

I have tried the Sonia Kashuk and Ulta knock-offs of this and I can tell a huge difference. They do not compare to the BB.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this for a few months now. If you're going to buy the sponge, you might as well bite the bullet and purchase the cleanser as well - that'll save you from your woes when you can't get the foundation off it. As a professional makeup artist, this is a really great tool to have. I use it when I want a flawless look for my own face - so I guess you can say that it's worth the steep price! I bought mine here in Canada online at ebeauty.ca. You can buy the sponge and cleanser together to save money. I'd definitely recommend this sponge. It's not super popular in Canada yet but I have a feeling it will be soon!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I change my mind on whether I like foundation or not (half the time I find it too cakey and irritating) but I decided to give it another go just to try out this sponge and see what the fuss was about. I really love it. Previously I've used my fingers, regular sponges, and a flat brush to apply makeup, but I think this is my favourite way to apply foundation (plus it's cute). It can be used for sheer coverage, which I prefer, and I like that it lasts a long time (less waste!). It's kind of hard to find but if you live in Canada www.ebeauty.ca sells it with free shipping (I think it's some kind of promotion).

just goes to show you how even a pro makeup artist like myself can be duped. i bought a twin pack, thinking because of the rave reviews i would be onto a winner. i mean, why waste money on just one when sooo many people love it?

its just a sponge, and not a very fine one at that, compared to the 'latex' type wedges. if you inspect the application in a MAGNIFYING mirror (a girls BFF) and not simply your regular mirror, you should be able to see teeny specks of pink all over your face. not only that, the finished result really isnt that great, i had to go over it with a latex wedge to get the result i need

this guests worse with every use/wash. and i think the dispensing method could be a lot simpler for the wash fluid. whats with the little dish thing, when a spout would do?

and then theres the colour loss, despite following cleansing instructions carefully and to the letter

and its laborious to use, bouncing up and down on your face

and the narrow end really isnt that narrow for 'getting into tight spots', especially when its damp. its general too big all round

so, im sticking to my foundation brushes for apply, and wedge sponges for finishing

its not even a nice pink colour, and it discolours al most immediate

and they want 100+ for a pro-pack of disposables? get outta here

so, the 2nd sponge sits as yet unused...

beauty? no. blender? no. no it my pro kit, and not in my own makeup kit

EDIT, a quick glance over the reviews tells me that pro artists are the ones who dont rate this. not just here, elsewhere on the net. says it all really

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

I'm definitely digging it!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best product for putting on foundation. The shape, the feel, and the texture of this sponge are perfect!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I don't know how helpful this review will be, as I've just received this from a swap and have only had it for a few days.

I've used it twice so far. The first time I ever soaked it in water, some of the pink dye came out. It wasn't a lot, but it did tint the small cup of water I had. It didn't affect how the product worked for me.

I love this sponge. It's very flexible and although tiny, it does expand to 2x its original size. The flexibility of this sponge helps blend my MakeUp Forever HD foundation with ease, especially since that particular foundation is meant for photoshoots and can feel heavy. And because the sponge is damp when I use it, I save a lot of product and it never feels cakey, almost like there's nothing there to begin with. I still get the same coverage I use with a brush, too, which is perfect.

I had a sample of the beautyBlender Cleanser to clean it with. I don't know if it was just me or if I didn't clean it the right way, but the cleanser didn't work for me. Instead, I used Cetaphil face wash since it has no scent or anything, and it's safe for sensitive skin. I didn't need a lot, but it cleaned my sponge instantly.

I am in love, and it is definitely a new staple for me.

on 1/25/2011 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Wow wow wow i love this pink sponge :) Stumbled upon this product accidently on youtube and started reading reviews here and decided to give this a try..i am no makeup expert mind you..but even i am amazed by the results. I used this with the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation and it applied like a dream, no streaks, makeup does'nt look caked on. Before this sponge i used to use ELF Studio Blush brush or my fingers..i felt it would not cover enough but after using this sponge i realise what i've been missing. Overall a biggggg YAY from me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools