beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 4/2/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the comments below. This baby makes it easy to apply and evens out the amount of foundation on my skin. Its very pricey in Australia...around $24-$29 for a single sponge! I bought the white one from www.radiantbubbles.com.au and got it discounted to $21. Was very happy with the purchase and saved!

I will repurchase this again. love this product!!!!!

on 3/21/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I hesitated for a long time before purchasing the set from sephora including two blenders and a bottle of the cleanser (which I really like as well). I use this almost anytime I use liquid foundation although sometimes I use my sigma f80. I think this gives a better finish than the f80 but sometimes I don't feel like using the sponge since it takes a little longer due to having to wet before use (yes I am that lazy sometimes haha). this never over applies my makeup yet it is really easy to build coverage with. I usually put the makeup on the back of my hand and then dot onto my face before using the blender as I am worried that if I dipped the blender straight into the makeup it might go to waste. The sponge is very easy to clean (I usually use the cleanser it came with since that is what has worked best for me) and I try to be gentle so as not to open the pores and tear it. I really like the pointed end as well for around the eye area.

on 1/12/2013 4:26:00 PM

I love this! I finally found the best thing to put on my bare minerals and my other makeup as well! I have been using bare minerals for at least 15 years (I am 59) and finally a way to put it on that eliminates fall-out and minerals wasted all over the sink. The first time I put it on I only did my foundation and I was stunned at the smooth air-brushed look. This morning I tried it to put on my eyeshadow, and even though I wear a dark color in my crease (soul sister) it still came out terrific. I also used it today to put on a powdered blush, a powdered bronzer, and concealer. I bought the pack with 2 and the cleanser. Today I ended up using both of them, as I used the pointy end of one for my concealer around my nose and eyes, and the other one I used the pointy end for my bare minerals shadow. What a joy to clean with the cleanser. Amazing that after all these years of using makeup I found a new tool. I am so pleased. Thanks to all of you, or without reading the reviews, I never would have even heard of it. Try using it for your mineral makeup! Less waste and a beautiful look.

on 10/28/2012 10:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All of the previous reviews are spot-on. It does an AH MA ZING job delivering a flawless foundation finish, is a pain to clean, and spendy. But I love it. My only question is this: Does anyone have any comparison to make between this and the cheapy, wedge-shaped drugstore sponges? Curious!

on 10/12/2012 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

The Beauty Blender is super soft, and that's my favorite thing about it. That's also really the only difference between it and another blending sponge. You get the same results. It's great for the eye area because it applies makeup so gently. I don't know whether its worth the price though yet.

I washed it a few times now and each time the dye has bled. Not liking that.
The first time, the dye bled a lot. Now the sponge is a lighter pink color.
Im also starting to feel like it takes less time to just use my hand/fingers for foundation application then using this. Eiether way you get nice results.

on 7/28/2012 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My only comments about the Beautyblender are that it soaks up a ridiculous amount of liquid foundation. Yes, I dampen my sponge. That doesn't do anything to keep the sponge from soaking up too much foundation. It's annoying if your foundation is cheap, but if you're using an expensive foundation, it's intolerable. I find that I get better a better application when I apply the foundation to my face in wide stripes with my fingers and blend the foundation in with the Beautyblender. If I need to layer more foundation, I dab on with my fingers and blend again with the Beautyblender. I've only had good application results with liquid foundations and powder foundations. My Diorskin compact foundation looks flawless when applied with the Beautyblender. Unfortunately, I can't seem to use the Beautyblender to apply loose mineral foundation without it looking cakey and gross.

Make it a point to thoroughly wash the foundation out of your Beautyblender after each and every application, let the sponge dry, and it should last you for a good 2 months before it starts to break down. The Beautyblender cleanser is a little too watery for me. Bobbi Brown brush cleanser works the best. I don't recommend baby shampoo since it gets too foamy and you'll have to spend some time trying to get all the suds out of the sponge. Dr. Brommer's Magic soap also works well in a pinch. It's not as good as Bobbi Brown but not as foamy as baby shampoo. Don't bother wasting your money on the Beautyblender cleanser. It's nothing to write home about.

on 5/14/2012 11:53:00 PM

Best makeup sponge I ever used. Its a lot softer and doesnt absorb as much product as a typical makeup sponge. When its wet it is spingy and smooth which feels really nice against skin. It makes applying your liquid or cream foundation easy, It never leaves streaks, and the shape is great for different areas on the face. Takes me less time than with a brush, and I find I clean it more often than brushes because I dont have to wait for it to dry, so its more hygienic than makeup brushes for me. I also think the moisture in the sponge helps make foundation look more natural on skin, it gives a finish that I just cant get with a brush.
It is way more expensive than normal makeup sponges, however it is close to what I would spend on a foundation brushes anyways.

on 4/30/2012 5:07:00 AM

The Beautyblender is amazing! I've never come across a sponge like this. I didn't really like make up sponges as for the wedge sponges because they'd soak up so many foundation. The Beautyblender is soft, easy to use and gives an amazing finish to your foundation. I use this with cream foundations, concealers and blushes and it blends everything together so nicely. I even use it wet with the Ben nye loose/translucent powders and it works like a charm! Definitely a HG product!

on 3/31/2012 12:16:00 AM

This sponge is simply amazing. It literally gives the face a beautiful airbrushed finish. I have almost every brush from every brand and nothing compares to this! You have to get it!

on 2/19/2012 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Just to start off, i had seen this product everywhere on the internet, i was a bit sceptical as it looked a bit gimici because it was pink and the shape was very cute. But i watched counteless reviews on youtube, and thought why not, just buy it and try it even though it is a bit expensive. Anyway i recieved my beauty blender and i love it!!! There is no other product like it, you cant compare any brush or any other sponge to it. It Applies Makeup so smoothly and so natrually i just love it so much!!!!!

JUST A LITTLE MESSAGE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE DISSING THIS CUTE SPONGE. YOU OBVIOUSLY DONT KNOW HOW TO USE THE BEAUTY BLENDER AND DONT KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT!

This is a great product, one little tip use cold water to wash with clenser not hot water ;) this will make the colour stay much longer. :)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools