beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin type : Normal
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

Without a doubt one of THE best makeup tools invented. I use this with Almay Clear Complection foundation and the end result is more natural and flawless than I ever thought possible. Totally brilliant!!!

I love this product, it makes the application of foundation so much quicker ans easier than using your fingers and so much less mess. It allows foundations to look flawless on your skin and makes you skin feel hydrated.

on 6/7/2013 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Great product, and superior to other makeup sponges around. Its composition and shape really enables economical usage of creamy / waxy / pressed mineral foundations, as it presses and spreads the product on the face so beautifully.

Love the beauty blender, applies makeup flawlessly.

However I have concerns, as the blender is slightly wet when using, I am afraid that this is affect my sunscreen. What I mean about that is, will the water remove some of the sunscreen (I put that on first every morning, and let it soak in a few mins), making it less effective?

I use la roche posay anthelios 50 (i have very very fair skin). However, I am sure this sunscreen is not water proof and I don't want to change to another one because it really suits my skin best.

I sent a message to beauty blender but don't know if their response will be bias, are there any dermatologists out there who could answer this question for me?

on 5/18/2013 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

For years, I resisted purchasing this trying to avoid the hype. I thought to myself..what's the big deal? It's a sponge. How different can it be from those sponge wedges I can buy from CVS or walmart?

It is truly something special people. It diffuses the liquid foundation to a natural finish while keeping the coverage. It's pretty awesome. I try to take good care of it because it's so expensive. It's difficult to wash even with the beauty blender soap.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Amazing product.
It just makes my foundation application so smooth, easy and airbrushed.
Sorry, brushes, but this is my new number one <3

on 4/21/2013 10:25:00 PM

I bought this only because I had a gift certificate and didn't need anything else so I fugured what the hell, let me try it. I didn't have any crazy expectations even though it has great reviews and a cult following, I mean, my god, it's just a sponge, what could it really do, right? wrong! This little thing has totally blown me away like unbelievable! It gives THE most amazing light flawless airbrushed perfect finish that looks like there is absolutely nothing on your skin. Never in a million years did I think a sponge could do this. And it's incredible for cream blush!

on 4/8/2013 11:39:00 PM

It works great but if it breaks i probably won't repurchase.

on 4/2/2013 10:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I agree with the comments below. This baby makes it easy to apply and evens out the amount of foundation on my skin. Its very pricey in Australia...around $24-$29 for a single sponge! I bought the white one from www.radiantbubbles.com.au and got it discounted to $21. Was very happy with the purchase and saved!

I will repurchase this again. love this product!!!!!

on 3/21/2013 5:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I hesitated for a long time before purchasing the set from sephora including two blenders and a bottle of the cleanser (which I really like as well). I use this almost anytime I use liquid foundation although sometimes I use my sigma f80. I think this gives a better finish than the f80 but sometimes I don't feel like using the sponge since it takes a little longer due to having to wet before use (yes I am that lazy sometimes haha). this never over applies my makeup yet it is really easy to build coverage with. I usually put the makeup on the back of my hand and then dot onto my face before using the blender as I am worried that if I dipped the blender straight into the makeup it might go to waste. The sponge is very easy to clean (I usually use the cleanser it came with since that is what has worked best for me) and I try to be gentle so as not to open the pores and tear it. I really like the pointed end as well for around the eye area.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools