beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 12/13/2013 2:19:00 PM

I love my beautyblender!!!! I have been using it for about 2+ years. And this is my 3rd beauty blender.. its easy to clean. I actually just use baby shampoo or anti bacterial soap... and its soooooo soft when damp. and it makes blending concealer and foundation easy and natural looking. Love my BB!!!

on 12/10/2013 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I put off purchasing this product for a very very long time. I thought it was not worth it and a waste of money. However, I decided for some reason to cave in and give it a shot.. and boy am I glad I did! This little sponge is magical and I'm not exaggerating. It makes my foundation go on very smooth and gives it a nice flawless look, something I never thought a sponge could give me. I always thought a brush would be way better, but honestly the Beauty Blender applies my foundation in less time than any of my makeup brushes. The tapered point allows you to get into the corners of your nose and eyes, which is helpful especially if you want to use this for concealer, which you totally can; I do.

The only con about this product is the price. $20 for a sponge just sounds ridiculous in my opinion, but then again if I lost this I would totally go out and purchase another. (It also looks super cute on my vanity :) )

Oh, and I don't use the cleaner they suggest to use. I just use baby shampoo (like I do with any other makeup brush) and gently clean it with lukewarm water.

Also, one last thing, the packaging is great because if you want you can keep it on your vanity and put the sponge on top after you wash it so it can dry, or put it on top after an application so the only things the BB touches are you fingers, your foundation and your skin and not anything else!

on 11/27/2013 12:08:00 AM

I had never heard about the beauty blender until a sales associate at Sephora recommended it. I took the plunge and bought it. It is amazing! I use the solid cleanser everytime iI use it. Do yourself a favor and get one! You can always return it if you don't like it!

on 11/20/2013 5:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I love the beauty blender for my face base. I apply my concealer using the tip, my bb cream or foundation with the slanted side and powder my face with the bottom of the beauty blender. It is amazing!!! I don't even use my brushes anymore ever since I got the beauty blender. I just love it because it is a tool for everything. However, I would appreciate if they would invent a place to store the beauty blender. Overall, I love it and would buy again!!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I will not go without this product! Can not believe I lived without it before. Makes any foundation blend into the skin and look flawless. Just like second skin.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

ATTENTION people who consider to buy BeautyBlender. Actually this works. It gives me a beautiful luminous and blended evenly on my face BUT this is NOT for the full coverage application. Currently you're using a heavy foundation such as ER double wear or Revlon colorstay and you've liked its nice coverage, please avoid this item. This is rather for luminous and light coverage make up and it exactly does the same job as just wearing any kind of luminous foundations. I just prefer to use these for natural make up instead of beauty blender - make it wet, squeeze it, then blend it all over my face! such a annoying steps.
People who need full coverage make up please avoid this item and don't waste your money. If you look for natural and glow skin make up, just try another foundation - Makeup Forever Face&Body foundation, George Armani Luminous Silk foundation, BB cream, and etc..they also gives beautiful luminous on your skin without this expensive sponge.

Pros: It helps to blend foundation evenly, it gives me a nice luminous look but it's exactly the same as wearing a BB cream

Con: No coverage at all.

Hope this review helps you:)

on 9/7/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like the beautyblender. I've used various sponges before, including the dupes from Winners/Marshall's, but I never really liked any. The authentic beautyblender is just different. It's soft and has enough give to blend nicely. I usually spray it with Fix+ before applying my foundation with it. Way too expensive, though, so I'm not sure if I would ever buy another one. The only reason I got it in the first place is because I had $20 Glymm points to use up (I got it just a few weeks before Glymm went belly up - good timing on my part).

I adore this sponge! It blends foundation and concealer like a dream! It gives me such an airbrushed look. It works for liquid, creme, and even powder foundation. The only down side (which I overlook because it is so awesome) is the maintenance and price. I would highly recommend to wash this after/before every use because it can accumulate bacteria. The price is what held me back at first but if with good care, it has lasted me over a year. I don't even reach for my brushes most of the time.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Firstly, you should know that while I would not say I'm a cheapskate, I DO hate to be ripped off, and I do resent cosmetics companies that overcharge for items that have no business being expensive. Having said that, you might assume I'm going to say that the beautyblender is overpriced, a ripoff, a scam, etc. Not this time!

I resisted buying this forEVER, sure that is was not worth the price. I finally bought one when Alcone had a daily deal, selling them for around $12 each (Alconeco.com. They post daily deals on Twitter & FB). I almost hoped it wouldn't impress me, so I could just say, "Okay, I tried it, and it's not for me." But no, I really love it. I use it for liquid fndt, cream fndt, cream and liquid blush, and... yes... powders and powder foundations. No, it's not cakey. (Why would anyone say you "can't" use the bb for powders, just because it didn't work for them? You absolutely can. What about dual powder foundations that are meant to be applied with a damp sponge? It wouldn't work for that? Of course it would!)

The reason I don't think this is overpriced is because I've yet to find a perfect dupe, nor have I heard about any true, worthwhile dupes. They may be out there, but I've not heard about them. The bb has a special texture and surface feel, that no one seems to be able to copy. I did read that the sponges at lecosmetique.com are close, but I haven't tried them yet. Those come in fun colors and run $6 or so.

These are also available at Nigel Beauty at a discounted price if you're an industry pro. If you know someone who is, it might be worthwhile to get a group together to order their 6 packs, which are $60-something. It would be a little over $10 per sponge, plus shipping.

I also have reviews for the beautyblender liquid and solid cleansers with dupe suggestions, if you're into that kind of thing.

I was extremely skeptical about this $20 egg shaped sponge being a "miracle tool".....but, I still had to try it for myself. I have to say, this sponge is absoloutley amazing! I couldn't be any happier with this. I don't even use any other foundation applicators anymore. My face looks completely flawless when I use this sponge. I wet the sponge & squeeze out all the excess water, apply my foundation in dots on my face, & use my DAMP sponge to blend (or bounce) my foundation on. The key to making this work is to use it dampened. It is pricey, but worth it. I did not buy the cleanser that goes with this, I just use baby shampoo to clean my sponge after every use. No, the baby shampoo doesn't get every single foundation stain out of the sponge, but it gets the sponge clean enough...& I'm not spending another $18 to buy the matching cleanser just so my sponge could remain bright pink. The baby shampoo will still get a majority of the job done that is necessary. This is a great tool that I will continue to use & buy.

FYI: One sponge is meant to last about 3 months (depending on how often you use it). It could last longer if you keep it clean after every use.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools