beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best EVER!!!!! No dupe will ever come close. Worth every penny of the $20! I will buy again and again and again!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

YOU. NEED. THIS. IN. YOUR. LIFE. NOW.

I know what you're thinking, a $20 makeup sponge? Not happening. I thought that too, at first. After buying the dupes at TJ Maxx/Marshalls and absolutely hating them (let me tell you, the dupes are NOT the same).. I caved and bought the beauty blender set for $25 on Amazon.

BEST. DECISION. OF. MY. LIFE.

The beauty blender changes the way you apply foundation completely. Being so easy to use, and for the finish it gives to your skin, I don't know how I went without this for so long. I had watched SEVERAL you tube gurus use the beauty blender, but I just couldn't fathom the thought of spending $20+ on a friggin sponge. Like I said, I bought the dupes; I think one of the dupes I tried was by the brand "Revive." That sponge was horrible, it felt like I was punching myself in the face when applying my make up, and the Sonia Kashuk one didn't do anything for me either. The beauty blender can be used with so many different products (foundation, cream blush, conealer)-- Really, just about anything. They last a pretty good amount of time as well.

I haven't used a brush to apply any foundation to my face in nearly a year.. I would HIGHLYYYYY recommend investing in the beauty blender.. you'll fall in love. I promise.

I know: $20 for a SPONGE! It is a ridiculous price, but if you can afford it, GET IT! I tried the $5 dupes, but the real thing knocks those out of the park! The dupes Aren't even comparable! Once it's wet and you've squeezed out the excess, it will be very fat and soft. Dot your foundation / bb cream all over your face, then stipple it with your beauty blender using the fat side, and use the skinny side to stipple under eye concealer and the results are airbrushed, and natural. It looks like actual skin, and as if you're skin was naturally porcelain perfect. Amazing product, but pricy

on 5/8/2014 9:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Heard about this and saw this around for years...only got to buying it now. Mainly because I was lazy to wash it every day.

I have a couple of foundations that don't work well for me (sinking into pores) and I thought that I would give it a try. In fact, I was going to bin my Becca Matte Skin Shine Proof Foundation because it looked awful whether I used fingers or foundation brushes. It just sank into my pores immediately after application. However, I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't happen when I used my Beauty Blender. In fact the foundation looked pretty decent and lasted more than 12 hours on me looking just fine.

Pros:
- Natural coverage. This is going to be a con if you want heavy coverage. You can layer your foundation but it might take a longer time to apply.
- No brush streaks, foundation looks smooth
- Can be washed quickly (<2 min) with the solid beauty blender soap. I bought mine in a set and the soap is good, it doesn't turn icky if you drain it out properly.
- The sharper side is good for edges of the nose etc. It really blends the foundation out in these places
- Foundation doesn't settle into pores.

Cons:
- Have to wash it after every use or foundation might stain it
- Have to soak it in water and squeeze it out before using...time consuming for me as I have to run to the toilet to do that D-:
- I use more foundation than usual. After all, it's a sponge, it soaks up some foundation in the process. For me, roughly half a pump more as compared to using brushes
- Won't last as long as a brush, has to be replaced
- Takes longer for me to blend my foundation as compared to using a brush.

I really do like this despite the fact that it takes longer for me to apply my make up in the morning. If I'm in a rush, I would choose to use my regular brushes though. However, if you have a foundation you don't like, perhaps you could try using a beauty blender as an alternative form of application. I have heard of the pink beauty blender bleeding color when washed but my black one has held up just fine.l would repurchase this for sure.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Amazing. I use it for my under eye concealer and it blends it so well. I used to use a dry flat top brush and it left my under eyes so cakey and dry looking! I didn't realize how good my make up could look until I started using the beauty blender. The sponginess plus the moisture really blends it into my skin and reduces harsh edges (for those who like a bright highlighted look). Only down side is that it's a little small to use all over the face for foundation unless you're really patient with bouncing that little sponge everywhere which is why I primarily use it for under eyes. It is also a little difficult to hold the narrow end and use all over the face because it is easy to lose grip. Therefore if you have fast drying foundation you better work quick! Also, nothing really cleans the sponge extremely well for me so I'm guessing I need to purchase the cleanser too which is very expensive. Lastly, it is expensive but well worth the money.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

If you've been curious and really want to know...YES, this is worth it. In the grand scheme of things, $27 isn't super expensive, but when you realize you're dropping that much on a sponge, you start to feel like maybe this is all a little excessive. But trust me, it's not.

The Beauty Blender is completely unmatchable, no knockoffs have the same texture or bounce. When dampened and used in a press-and-roll motion, the Beauty Blender will completely smooth out the TEXTURE of your makeup without taking away the COVERAGE. This means you can use fuller-coverage foundations without the fear of them looking cakey or overdone. The Beauty Blender is also awesome for applying concealer and cream blushes/bronzers. I also like to use one to blend out powder blushes/highlights/bronzers after they've been placed with a brush.

I can usually make one of these stretch half a year with daily cleaning (the solid Beauty Blender cleanser is the bomb, and works well on regular brushes!!) and proper storage, and makes my foundations look so good that $60 a year doesn't seem so bad.

on 2/20/2014 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this sponge....works great! Makeup looks flawless! Which i would hadn't purchased it sooner! Kind of expensive...but worth it in the end....you won't be sorry!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great sponge - no debate there. However, I didn't need this in my life. It's difficult to clean but I don't really mind. But what I do mind is that it's just so gosh darn expensive! And It only truly works on FULL COVERAGE foundations. Anything from light to medium coverage, the BB sheers it out way too much like and I find that it absorbs the majority of the product. I only find this useful on foundations that I know will make me look cakey because it will sheer it out to a more flawless coverage but I don't wear full coverage foundations too often. I do highly recommend it for under eye concealing though. Bottom line - if you enjoy full coverage foundation like MAC Studio Fix, Kat Von D, Estée Lauder DW, CG 3-n-1, etc this is for you but if you're more like me and prefer medium coverage (MUFE HD, YSL Touché Éclat, BB creams) you might want to skip. Because I find myself almost never reaching for this sponge, I wish I got the RT sponge instead -_-

on 2/5/2014 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I really did not want to buy this. I'm a pretty poor college student. I resisted all the hype because I could not understand how a sponge could be worth $20. I finally caved and got it at sephora and i absolutely don't regret it. before this i was using Real techniques expert face and I like this sponge way better.

All the hype made me want a dupe though but everyone said each dupe didn't compare to the BB.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

There are several things about this sponge that I really like. The first being the shape. The sponge is shaped like an egg and the pointier end of the sponge makes is easy to get a nice finish with foundation around the eyes, nose, and mouth. I also like how bouncy the sponge is and how it creates an airbrushed look and finish. However, the sponge does tend to deteriorate very quickly and never stopped bleeding color when I had to wash it. I used the sponge about twice a week for two weeks before it started to fall apart. I also did not like how it absorbed so much product and I felt like I was wasting a lot of foundation. The price makes this a product that I would not re-buy because it just does not last long enough to justify the price.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools