beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 1/19/2015 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I held off a long time before buying because $20 for a sponge??!! But I concede it does do a really good job HOWEVER, in the end my foundation looks exactly the same when I use my Shiseido foundation brush - and I will never have to replace that. It doesapply my concealer much better than my fingers or my brush though. What I don't like about this is that loads, and I mean loads, of pink dye comes off when it is washed. Clearly this stuff is coming off on my skin too. So I won't repurchase unless one is available without colour.

on 12/2/2014 8:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've been using this sponge for about a month now and I have to say that I love it.

This sponge applies my makeup better than the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion sponge. Although I still love that sponge, and I will buy it when I cannot afford the BeautyBlender's $20 price tag, the BeautyBlender just applies my makeup more even.

This sponge is less dense and more "bouncy" than the Real Techniques sponge. I also found that it takes less time to blend in my foundation with the BeautyBlender than the Real Techniques sponge, and the sponge soaks up less foundation. It is also easier to clean it. What I also found peculiar is that this sponge dries faster than the Real Techniques sponge. By the end of the day, my BeautyBlender sponge is back to its original size, while the Real Techniques sponge took about 2-3 days to fully dry out to its original size.

This sponge has also outlived my other Real Techniques sponges. Usually about two weeks in, my Real Techniques sponge has rips and holes all of the place due to my long nails. But the BeautyBlender has stayed perfect, even though I clean it more aggressively.

The $20 price tag is cheap, but it is worth it. It has already outlived my Real Techniques sponge and blends my makeup better. I can see this lasting me a long time. I will replace this eventually as sponges, even when cleaned regularly, can get a little nasty. But considering how much easier this one cleans and lasts, I don't see myself replacing it as often as with the Real Techniques sponge.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Originally, I didn't want to buy into the hype and pay $26 for a sponge for my foundation. Despite watching several YouTube videos where I saw the girls using them, I just couldn't justify spending that kind of money on a sponge shaped like an egg.

I went through several of the beauty blender knockoffs and thought they did perfectly fine and settled for that. However, one day, my friend told me about her experience with the beautyblender and how much she liked them so I decided that I would give it a try also so that I could compare the $5 sponge to the one that was 5 times its price.

I purchased the beauty blender and the first time I used it, I thought it was okay. I thought it absorbed a lot of foundation and felt like I was using slightly more than I had with the other sponges and other brushes I had as well. However I just assumed it was a new sponge so I didn't really think too much or poorly of it.

The more and more I use it, the more I see why people like it but at the same time, I find that it continues to absorb more foundation than I'd like. I also feel that it stains very easily and the stains arent easy to get out, even with the cleanser that is recommended. The first time I washed it, the water ran bright pink.

Bottom line is, I like it, but I dont love it. If I lost it, I'd probably buy it again but only if it were on sale or in a package deal. I think its convenient to have and makes blending foundation in the morning easier especially when I'm running low on time.

on 9/2/2014 2:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

What can I say... this little beauty sponge lives up to all the hype. Doesn't waste as much product, easy to use, and blends like a dream. Don't buy the dupes, guys. Just go for the real thing. You won't be disappointed.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I couldn't stand this product after using it three times. I didn't like how the foundation just sat in the sponge - it just didn't look sanitary to me and I don't have time to wash it every time and wait for it to dry. Not to mention, the pink dye just kept running off whenever I washed it and that's something I don't want transferring onto my face. The application didn't amaze me either - I was so disappointed.

I've tried other beauty sponges before and my favourite one only cost me $5, so for $26, I expected more. Buying quality brushes I think is the way to go and will probably last longer. I won't be repurchasing it because there are better cosmetic applicators.

on 8/14/2014 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Worth the money. I periodically buy/use other sponges and brushes, but I always end up coming back to this. It doesn't soak up all of your product and gives the smoothest finish. Will continue to buy.

on 8/14/2014 12:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Okay...okay I caved about bought a £16 sponge. I thought it was just marketing and hype for YEARS I mean seriously...it's a sponge. But how wrong I was! It is a shame that everyone's idea of make up sponges are the £1 pieces of crap you can buy anywhere that soak in your foundation, make your skin blotchy and just do not work. This is a revolutionary product, as soon as I opened the package and felt it instantly I knew this is a superior product, it is very well made, very dense, does not feel cheap in the slightest. Very durable product too. As for foundation application, even, packs it into your skin densly so you can really can a flawless finish and can make it full coverage. It is well known but it will not work for water based foundation as they are too thin for sponges, anything liquid/creme/emollient is perfect though. 5/5

on 8/12/2014 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

My first foundation sponge was of course none other then those white wedge sponges that at one point everyone including makeup artist used to apply foundation. When I realized that Prescriptives was selling a foundation brush, that was the first time I had ever tried one. So I bought it and used for over 10 years. When kabuki brushes came out, I knew I had to try that so I rushed out and got one as well. I used that one for about a year, but still was never satisfied with how my makeup ever looked with any of those foundation applicator tools. That is until I heard, bought and tried the beauty blender sponge.

Out of all the tools I have used in my life to apply my foundation and concealer, nothing has worked as well as my beauty blender. I cannot say enough about this product. This sponge works like magic. It makes my foundation go on smoothly, leaves no streaks behind and blends so amazingly. It literally gives you a flawless coverage to the point where if you stipple it, it hide your pores with your foundation that it gives you a porcelain like complexion! I know the famous makeup artist Wayne Goss says not to over do it with the perfect no pore complexion, but I just love the way it makes my face look.

However the only problem I have with this sponge is that it started breaking part only after a few months. I would of thought it would of lasted longer then 2-3 month worth of use. Note, I don't wear makeup everyday, so that really disappointed me!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I personally love this beauty sponge and work very well with HD camera. No streaks and even application. I use it all the time on all my makeup tutorials.

Check beauty tutorials (All under 4 minutes)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Best EVER!!!!! No dupe will ever come close. Worth every penny of the $20! I will buy again and again and again!

Popular Misc Beauty Tools