beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this for awhile and I liked it, dont get me wrong but mine started to tear shortly after purchasing it. It lasted me for a month or two but then I couldnt justify spending the money on another one. So now I buy the knock offs they sell at TJMaxx and they work just as well. I admit that a beauty sponge is a MUST for every girl who loves to paint her face but not for the price tag if its going to break.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

use this for all of my face makeup even powders! I have the pro beauty blender ( black one ) worth every penny because I stopped using face makeup brushes.

on 10/24/2015 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have bought this thing twice now. I get about 40% upset when i forget to pack this while traveling, because it makes a decent sized difference in my makeup! I use this with makeup forever face & body liquid foundation, and i get comments that you can hardly tell i have makeup on ^.^

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I resisted buying this for quite some time, but I am very pleased now that I have given in. The finish on my concealer and foundation is fantastic, and far better than anything I have achieved with brushes or fingers.

I use it damp, as instructed, but I sometimes still find it absorbs a bit more of my makeup than I would like. But, I will continue to use this.

on 7/22/2015 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Okay, so I have tried a bunch of different brushes and sponges and none of them have been as good as the beauty blender. I tried a couple of knock-offs, and while they were good, they couldn't really compete with the beautyblender.

It is quite expensive seeing as all you're getting is a little pink sponge, but in my opinion it is definitely worth it.

I put the foundation on the back of my hand and dab the damp sponge in it and then dab it on my face. Works wonderfully, looks flawless and perfect.

I clean the sponge after every use. I couldn't find the beauty blender sponge cleaning product in the Sephora I bought my sponge in, so I am using dishwashing soap and olive oil to get all of the foundation out of it. It works and it's cheaper, so as long as you're careful to get all of the soap and oil rinsed out of the sponge, it shouldn't be a problem.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

EDITED 8/07/2016: I've changed my mind about BB! Upgraded from 3 stars to 5. Review below is outdated and needs to be rewritten when I get around to it. Long story short, I think my first BB was missing the instructions and I used it dry and didn't know I was supposed to apply via tapping/stippling (?). I got another one, followed instructions, and now love :).

"Oh! I get it now!" Yup yup. :D

======

I've tried both the BeautyBlender and a couple of cheaper dupes. They all performed about the same for me. Not horrible by any means (they do work!), but they're a PITA to keep clean. The outcome never justified the extra hassle, especially since my fingers get the job done just as well or better.

On a certain level, I admire the ingenuity of the BB but my fingers are always conveniently attached to my body and are much easier to clean, IMO. I also feel like they're less wasteful of product.

I've tried the BB with a variety of foundations and never once felt like it achieved anything I couldn't do with my fingers. When I buy a new foundation that doesn't quite work, I sometimes experiment with different modes of application (fingers, brush, BB) to see if they change the outcome.

There has only been one instance where the mode of application resulted in a substantial improvement, but that was from using a buffing brush with the Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation (BTW, I quite liked it, but ended up returning it because it was a bit too heavy for my needs).

Maybe my makeup routine is just too simple for me to appreciate the BB. I don't do any contouring or anything superfancy, and while I dabbled in highlighting for awhile with the Hourglass ambient lighting palette, that's more of a brush thing (I do use brushes for anything powder-based).

Anyway, meh about this. Probably won't buy another, although time and again, I'm occasionally tempted to give it another go as it seems to work so well for other people. Do I recommend it? Not for me personally, but based on the number of positive reviews, it definitely works for a lot of people!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Oh my... How have I done my makeup so long without this?
I never really thought about what this sponge could do - because clearly, it's a sponge.
But it applies my makeup flawless. The foundation looks so natural and it really smoothes out pores and imperfections. Its great to use for concealer too because it blends it all so well.
Today I also tried it with powder - it left my skin so flawless. I really can get enough of this product and I need to get a backup! :-)

I just got this, but so far I love it!!

on 2/24/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have tried so many different blending sponges because I didn't want to take the plunge and spend $20 on a sponge. I found a lot of good, but not great knockoffs. After listing after this product for so long I finally decided to suck it up and buy it. I must say I am very happy with my decision. This is the best blending sponge there is. Trust me I've tried a lot. Wish I bought this one first instead of spending money on knockoffs. This gives a nice even finish and is the perfect shape.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'll start this with a disclaimer that I have 2 BB's and both I got free in Birchbox and Glossybox. So I dont have the same negative feelings about price. I might feel differently if I had bought with my hard earned cash as they are pricey
I LOVE my BB - it beats any brush hands down for natural application. I use one for foundation and the other for cream blush and it blends them seemlessly. It also gives a v fresh glow
This wont apply to all but I often do my 60 yr old mums make up - I find foundation sits in her lines and looks cakey which is even more aging BUT with the BB this makes a massive diff as it covers any uneven colour but doesnt cake.

Cons
- price
- your foundation doesnt stay on as well IMO as it would with brush or hands

Popular Misc Beauty Tools