beautyblender the sponge

Filtered by skin type : Normal
beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

I have purchased 4 Beauty Blenders (2 Original Pink and 2 Pro Black) at $28 CAD each. They're absolutely amazing. They're incredibly soft and blend foundation and concealer very well, but they're still durable (I've only developed some tearing in 2 of the 4 sponges after using them for about a year and a half each). Beauty Blender claims you need to replace the sponge after about 3 months of use, but I find with proper cleaning, they tend to last about a year or so. They are expensive, but for the results and longevity, I think they're completely worth it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There will always be controversy over this because of the price; a lot of people cannot rationalize spending $20+ on a sponge, and I definitely sympathize with that line of thinking, but this is one of those times I had to just swallow hard and bite the bullet.

After all, we have no problem spending that kind of money on a makeup brush, or a lipstick, and those might not even get as much daily use as this does. I am not sure how well these hold up on a long-term basis; I have had mine for about a month and it is still in perfect condition. Before this I was using the NYX blender which is cheaper and I can recommend to you, but this blender is a bit softer and bouncier.

If you're looking for the ultimate makeup tool that will simplify your routine and take foundation/concealer/contour application to the next level, this is the final frontier. I can't even tell you how much better and smoother everything looks since I threw this in the mix. I even use this to pick up powder and "bake" my undereye, forehead and Cupid's bow areas. It goes without saying, if you want the most bang for your buck, this must be used dampened.

So, that's that. I spent $20 on a freaking sponge and it was maybe the best beauty decision I've made in a decade. It's one of those things you really have to just experience for yourself, but it gets my vote.

on 8/24/2016 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like the teardrop shape of this product, It does a good job blending my foundation. I prefer it over the brushes I was using before. I've also tried the Beauty Blender minis, which are cute too. Overall a must have a great addition to your brush collection!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was skeptical of this at first but it really impressed me. I don't know how, but it really does seem to help my makeup apply better and has a better finish than just using fingers or a foundation brush. I use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Foundation, which is really high coverage. The BB helps it look better and I can control the finish better. I've been using mine for about six months and it seems to be holding up well, except for a small tear on the end. I would repurchase because I like it so much.

on 6/28/2016 11:50:00 PM

It amazes me that many people do not know that you're supposed to wet the beauty blender then squeeze it out. I put a small amount of foundation on the back of my hand and pick up a bit on the sponge. Then starting at the middle of my face I sort of bounce the foundation on my face. Then I go back and add more foundation to spots that need moved coverage. I even use the beauty blender to blend my concealer. The beauty blender enables me to get a streak free finish and use less foundation. I find that my makeup look very natural and lasts longer.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

A wonderful sponge to apply my liquid foundation perfectly ! The only con's is that you have to wash it after every application but the result is much more better than using a brush !

on 4/12/2016 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This was hard for me to purchase as I couldn't justify spending $20 on a sponge, so I originally bought a dupe, which I quite liked. However, the original beauty blender is amazing. It really does make foundation look more natural, it doesn't leave any lines like a brush sometimes does. It is awesome for blending out concealer! It does apply liquid foundation quite sheerly but you can definitely build with it. The one thing that does irk me...is I do reckon you use more product with it. But, I would happily sacrifice a little bit more product to for a flawless base ;) also makes applying foundation super quick, just dab dab dab done. And it is good for applying powder if you want a bit more coverage. Yep, would buy again.

EDIT: it grew MOLD!! Even after keeping it clean, I think maybe I didn't air it very well at times, a bit of a shame.

on 2/5/2016 1:18:00 AM

I didn't believe the hype for these for many years. Not sure what made me change my mind and buy one, but I am glad I did. Loved it so much I bought them for my mom and sister soon after. Had tried generic makeup sponges before (but always dry -- never damp). The damp sponge is key (maybe more generic sponges would have worked better for me if they were damp). Especially love using this with my NARS tinted moisturizer (a product that I had pretty much given up on because I couldn't blend it well with just my fingers/regular makeup brushes).

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I had this for awhile and I liked it, dont get me wrong but mine started to tear shortly after purchasing it. It lasted me for a month or two but then I couldnt justify spending the money on another one. So now I buy the knock offs they sell at TJMaxx and they work just as well. I admit that a beauty sponge is a MUST for every girl who loves to paint her face but not for the price tag if its going to break.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

use this for all of my face makeup even powders! I have the pro beauty blender ( black one ) worth every penny because I stopped using face makeup brushes.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools