beautyblender the sponge

Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.5

on 11/20/2007 1:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate to ruin the great reviews, but I was just not a fan of this hot-pink egg. I find the shape awkward and the price just ridiculous for what you get. Though the sponge itself is nice and dense, I think Bobbi Brown wedges are of the same quality and you get an eight-pack for $5.50.

Part of my dislike is the clean freak in me, as you need to wash this sponge after each use or it sits there looking disgusting and breeding who-knows-what germs. It also takes a long time to rinse, in my experience. That being said, I absolutely love the Beautyblender cleanser to use with regular brushes. It give a nice deep clean and rinses well.

I gave it two lippies because the sponge does do it's job. But bottom line, the Beautyblender is *just* a sponge! The Web site instructs you to use a stippling technique, and you can do that with any wedge or foundation brush to get that airbrushed look. I just swapped it away and will stick to using BB wedges or the Mac 187 for applying foundation. continued >>

on 11/16/2007 11:10:00 PM

WOW! This is a tool that is in my HG Hall of Fame. I use Laura Mercier oil-free foundation, which is very pigmented and concentrated, texture-wise. I was using LM's sponge and/or my MAC 187 to apply it, with satisfactory results. Then I got this sponge and haven't gone back since. It applies foundation in an even, smooth, non-gunky finish; the product just disappears into my skin while leaving a perfect finish. The larger end works for my forehead and cheeks, the narrower end for my nose and chin. I just love this product. I paid about $20 on beauty.com which may seem expensive but I use less product than with other tools and I think the sponge will last a good long time. I highly recommend this and will certainly repurchase.

on 5/6/2007 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This little baby goes to the top of my "Cosmetic Product Every MUAer Worth the Title Should Own". I was kicking myself for allowing myself to lemming this. Now I am so delighted to own it. I use it both dry and dampened, though prefer to use it dampened. I've used it on MMU (dry and dampened), liquid, pressed powder, and creme/gel (EL Re-Nutriv) and it works beautifully on all of them. When used dampened, the foundation goes on sheerly, but is easily layered as you go. A cinch to clean, I just use a bar of generic castile soap I keep in the bathroom, wet the sponge, run it over the bar of soap a couple of times, squish it, and rinse thoroughly.

on 4/17/2007 3:51:00 PM

I really like this sponge. I have always use a sponge to apply foundation, but the shape and texture of the beautyblender are far superior to any other sponge I have used. The pointed end is great for blending around the eyes. The texture is perfect because it doesn't soak up all the foundation like some sponges can. It also feels very soft on your skin. I bought the package with the cleanser, but I don't think it is better than any other cleanser so I would pass on it.

on 11/6/2006 1:08:00 PM

I found the Beautyblender sponge to be too small to handle very well. The company was difficult when I tried to contact them for a refund. They stated they were sorry I was disspointed with their product but could not issue me a refund.

I would try and check the product out thoroughly before I spent the money since it's NON-RETURNABLE.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools