beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 10/13/2016 7:19:00 PM

I had one of these when they came out years ago. They were selling them at my hair salon so I purchased one. I loved it and used it all the time. Then I got into using brushes for a while and didn't use the bb. Finally I said let me get a new one as I have some heavier coverage foundations I'd like to try it with. Turns out I still love it years later. It really does blend makeup seamlessly. The dupes in my case don't compare to the original. I've tried using others but I always go back to the beautyblender. It's pricey but it imo blends foundation flawlessly. I especially love to use it with the NARS All Day Luminous wear foundation. It applies it like a dream and it looks so natural when I use this. So as someone who had this from back in the day to now I still think it's a great tool and I wouldn't be without it. Recommended.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Yes, the Beautyblender sponge seems crazy expensive. But that's because it's been made with unicorn tears that will melt your foundation perfectly into your skin.

Okay, so maybe there are no unicorn tears but the sponge has truly changed my makeup routine. I've also tried the Real Techniques sponge, which is good but it just doesn't blend as smoothly, easily or as quickly as the Beautyblender.

Pros:
- leave a very smooth, even finish to your foundation and concealer. Easy to blend out around the jaw line and really presses foundation into the skin more a more natural look
- no streak marks like you get with some brushes
- Stops foundation from looking heavy on the skin
- It's quick to use and easy to wash/maintain

Cons:
- Price...but it's worth it

I won't be without one of these in my makeup arsenal from now on.

on 10/1/2016 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I purchased this about 2 weeks ago, and so far it's been working quite well. It blends in my foundation quite well, without soaking too much of my foundation. However, with cleansing it daily, you must be very careful and use only paper towels. I used a regular towel yesterday to clean it because i was out of paper towels and managed to cause a small amount of flaking on the sponge (not overly so that I'd need a new one, but enough for me to be careful about using that area). Overall, it's a solid product.

on 9/18/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I had the Shiseido sponge for a while and I liked it better. I felt like it was soaking up less product, and that it was blending it smoother than the Beauty Blender. However, this sponge is still nice. It blends products flawlessly and it gives a beautiful finish. I'm kind of on the fence for this product. It's soaking up too much product to be a holy grail for me, even if I soak it up with water first.

on 9/14/2016 10:13:00 PM

OMG BEAUTY BLENDER WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

After years of watching YT beauty gurus use their BBs and never really being able to get a hold of one in the UK. I saw one about 3 months in Boots (UK) and I had to have her then and there. It was about £15 and worth every penny.

I thought I was happy with my RT sponge, I wasn't. Beauty Blender has kicked the rt sponge into my work makeup bag.

BB applies even bad foundations well. I clean it about once a week and it still is coming out clean.

HG

For a few years I was fine using my RT sponge, and I liked it, thinking "ain't gonna spend twice as much on a prettier one!". But eventually my curiosity (and love for pink) won. So did the beauty blender when I compared both.
I especially love the shape- the RT one doesn't have that sharp pointed tip that turned out to be a godsend for me! I apply my foundation not holding the tip, but with the side of the sponge. It makes it so easy to reach every part of my face, esp the inner corner of my eyes (I have deep set eyes and RT sponge' tip was not "pointy" enough). I also feel like it soaks up less product.
Obviously ever since I started using makeup sponges I cannot apply foundation with my fingers anymore- the BB gives such a seamless finish its addicting!
I've recommended it to my mom and she prefers it over RT sponge too! Give it a try- I don't think you'll be disappointed!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Pros: Really does blend products amazing, love using it for under eye concealer and for pigmented cream blushes to get a flawless finish.

Cons: Seems to be impossible to get clean, I wash it over and over again and there are still foundation stains on the sponge, runs pink dye every time I wash it.
Soaks up a lot of foundation and concealer giving a sheerer coverage on the face, which is fine till you actually want a full coverage look.

At $30 I wont be repurchasing this product again.

on 8/8/2016 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

this is a holy grail product

on 8/4/2016 12:42:00 PM

Let me first say, this is a holy grail product. This thing can blend ANYTHING!!! I got this and thought it looked smaller in person, but I forgot to use logic(it expands when you soak it) but I bought it anyway. In my opinion, $20 is a lot for a sponge, but it was so worth the price. Plus if you clean it regularly, it well definitely last longer, like up to six months.

KEEP THE CONTAINER! It is so handy if you travel. Just stick your Beautyblender in the tube n your good to go. It is also good for drying your sponge for after you use it. I found this blended my foundation as well as my cc cream, and my concealer. I have never found a brush that was "do it all".

Pros: can blend ANYTHING
Super easy to use, foolproof
Small, good for travel(remember, gets bigger when damp)
Is good for larger areas and small ones.

Cons: might be difficult to clean, depending on how you clean it.
Price(but was worth it)

I totally recommend! Nothing compares. sorry real techniques, I still love you. Yes it is pricey for a sponge but there ain't nothing better. Hands down the only makeup tool I need for face makeup.

on 7/30/2016 12:33:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried a dupe first and it was very hard and did not work for me even after wetting it. After having a salesperson use one when applying a bb cream, I decided to purchase one. I am glad that I did. I now prefer it to brushes, even when applying a powder blush. As far as cleaning it, I found that washing it with a gentle cleanser and thoroughly rinsing it, did not remove the makeup. I now swipe it on a makeup remover towelette until it no longer leaves a streak, than I wash it and let it air dry. That may shorten the lifetime but it works and I will repurchase when it wears out. I am all for saving money but am willing to spend more on products that work better for me.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools