beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.4

on 7/14/2007 12:29:00 AM

After several years on makeupalley, I think I've become rather cynical about products. If one doesn't strike me as incredible, there is no way I'm going to give it a second shot. When I saw this on amazon.com, offered through bebeautiful.com, I read the reviews and then waited. For a month. I just didn't want to buy another item I wouldn't use. I finally caved when, even using my MAC 187, my foundation looked ridiculous.

From the first use, this makeup applicator made my makeup application look professional. I use it to "stipple" my face, as I have excessive redness in my t-zone. It's rounded edges mean that there is no foundation that will collect in the applicator or my skin. I gently stipple about 5 small dots of foundation into my skin and then wipe it under my eyes for a flawless look.

If you get one of these, I highly recommend the 2 sponge and 1 bottle of cleaner set. It's price efficient and the cleanser cleans the sponge quickly and with minimal effort.

I highly recommend this for anyone that has felt dissatisfied with makeup application or who has just about given up on their foundation. Give it one more try with this beautyblender! It can make the difference between a blah face and a flawless face.

on 3/6/2007 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This works so much better for me than a sponge or foundation brush. Well worth the 20 bucks. I'll pass on the pricey cleanser, though. I use a few drops of Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, and it cleans just as well as the Beautyblender stuff for a whole lot less.

Note: I've discovered Daiso Detergent cleanser. A small bottle runs about $11 on Amazon. A very small amount cleans the Beautyblender nothing like else, and it easily gets rid of the gummy eyeliner residue from my smudge brushes. Great stuff.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools