beautyblender the sponge

beautyblender the sponge
Enter TitleBeauty Blenderthe spongethe spongethe sponge

4.3

on 3/18/2016 5:25:00 AM

easy to use - gives a nice, natural finish, - it's just plain fun! What I dislike. - very expensive - annoying to clean every time used - absorbing a lot of my foundation..

on 3/4/2016 3:04:00 PM

I was not believing in sponges at all and was forever faithful to foundation application with brush. Until by curiosity I bought BB. It blends my concealer like a dream! And not only concealer, all my complexion looks like a dream come true every day when I blend my makeup with BB! Yes it takes more product if you want to apply the foundation with it, however the trick is to apply the foundation and concealer with brush or fingers and only then using BB to blend everything together. The finish is very natural with any coverage foundation.
A bonus: the wet sponge feels very refreshing, the skin feels awaken and I feel it de-puffing much faster.

on 2/20/2016 7:16:00 PM

I did NOT want to give in to the hype and now I'm giving this a grudging 5/5. A sponge? Why would I want to use a sponge when handmade Japanese brushes exist? Well, I wish I'd found this years ago. This is so gentle and blends my makeup so quickly in the mornings on my sensitive, sometimes flaky skin that I have more time for other luxuries, like curling my eyelashes or grabbing a coffee before work. It makes even thick, high coverage, totally un-natural looking foundations like ELDW Light look like a second skin. Even a 5 year old could blend foundation perfectly with this. Winner.

My HG way to put on foundation and I'll never switch! I've tried many brushes but none make my face look flawless like this does

on 12/10/2015 9:59:00 AM

I bought the beauty blender because of all the fuss and reviews that it is amazing and irreplaceable. It is amazing, but NOT irreplaceable! I first purchased the Miracle sponge by real techniques (about a month and a half ago) and i was my first interraction with makeup sponges. I was amazed from the 1st application, i will never ever use my fingers again!

While searching for youtube videos about how to make the best of this sponge, i got to realize that the beautyblender was so much more expesive! i had no idea and i bought the micracle sponge because that was the most reasonable looking sponge in Boots (they didn't have beautybelnder at all anyway). So now i bought the beautyblender out of curiosity and to understand why most people say that miracle sponge is good, but not as good as the beautyblender.

Not that i have tested both, i can't possible understand why people would pay 3 times more for the beautyblender. Unless you have supervision, there is no difference in the finish between the 2 sponges! They maybe have different composition, but the result is the same!!!! So, the reason i am giving this a 3 is because the price doesn't justify the results when there is a competitor product doing the same, 3 times cheaper.

- there is no difference in "bounceability" between the 2! And if there is, i don't see a difference in the end result!
- BB is NOT softer than the miracle sponge. This was a shock as eveybody says that BB is softer. It's not, on the contrary, once wet, the micracle sponge is slightly softer and less dense than the BB which i like more
- miracle sponge washes better, it's easier to get the foundation off. I washed my BB this morning and it is still stained, probably the composition of the sponge retains product, which i don't like. i feel it's dirty even though i washed it. Also, and this was a big dissapointment, once i washed the BB, when i squeezed it, the water was PINK because of the colorant used. I hope the colorant is natural (is it?), but that was so disappointing!

All in all, BB is a great product, foundation will not look the same with any other product, EXCEPT the miracle sponge which gives the exact same finish.

And, if you're thinking it, i don't mind the £12 i spent on BB, i don't find it that expensive, but if i can get the same result with less money, why not? i am not trying to "shame" BB, but seriously, if you are thinking about buying one buy a miracle sponge first and if you are not happy with it, then buy a BB - but i guarantee you won't see a difference :)

on 11/14/2015 11:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first heard about this I thought people had to be mad to pay so much for a sponge but then I got curious (like so many others) and bought it at a Sephora 20% sale. Mine is the red carpet version which doesn't come with a cleaner. Prior to using I made sure to watch some YouTube videos for tutorials and the beauty bloggers all seemed to love it. Having tried it today I must say IT IS WORTH IT. I bought two more today to stock up. My boyfriend (who seldom notices my makeup whatsoever) commented that my skin looked nice today so it is something. :) one thing that I didn't like so much was that the dye came off with washing with soap. It was regular hand soap. Doesn't bother me that much though might be that the hand soap is too harsh. My two pack today (bought from BHG) came with a bottle of blender cleaner. Excited to continue using this baby!!!:)

on 10/18/2015 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I was hesitant to buy this at first because I don't use sponges and this little thing is expensive! However, I can say that I love my beauty blender. I use it for everything. Foundation, highlight and even setting powder! I have the RT sponge as well, and while I like it as well, I find this one is a bit bouncier and softer which is better for blending.

on 9/28/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the easiest tool to get flawless looking foundation and concealer. I use it with cream and liquid foundations or concealers and it handles both with no problem. I love the fact that you can't get your foundation to look cakey when you use a Beauty Blender! Cleaning the sponge isn't that hard either. Using Philosophy Purity and an eye makeup remover, all foundation and concealer comes out. Wash with Purity, use eye makeup remover on the tough spots, and rewash with Purity - comes out looking brand new every time. Best investment ever!

on 9/25/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My only con for this beauty sponge would be that it's not too easy to get clean but manageable. Also, my dog ate it three days after getting it requiring me to run out and get a new one! Purple this time.

It really helps with applying foundation evenly and not worrying about a brush whose bristles are all over your face afterwards.

on 8/8/2015 2:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

This sponge is seriously the best thing ever invented!! I LOVE it and can't live without it!! It's better than any brush out there! There are many replicas but there's serious no dupe for it this is the real deal and well worth the $20!! It's very long lasting and it's just the best! It seriously blends out any product so easily and flawless! You can use it for foundation, concealer, to blend out cream contour. It's the best and I recommend this to everyone!! I will seriously trade it ANY foundation brush for this little sponge any day! I love it !

Popular Misc Beauty Tools