Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 11/10/2014 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this moisturizer in the winter in hopes of finding a thick hydrator for my dry skin. As time went on using it on a daily basis, i found that I had a reddish rash-like irritation around my nose and mouth area. It lasted months - i went to a dermatologist and she said it was Perioral Dermatitis which forms around the mouth and nose area. She gave me a medicated cream and thankfully it went away. I had to stop using every product during the medicated process. I remember asking the doctor if a product could've caused this and she said no, it's caused by an overproduction of yeast in the skin. I then searched online and found that the ingredient "isopropyl myristate" can cause this, which was in this Kiehls cream. I since then have stopped using the cream.

This is not to say this will happen to everyone, I have very sensitive skin and i believe everyone has their own unique reactions to different ingredients. But thought i'll share my personal experience in case someone too is having same reaction.

I love this moisturiser, light but also really hydrating and nourishing. It isn't scented and it doesn't irritate my skin.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this as a sample from what I bought at Kiehlís. And I absolutely love it. It leaves my skin hydrated even if I have a combination oily skin it doesnít get too oily. I use this also at night and when I wake up it gives me a fresh looking skin in conjunction with other kiehlís products like Midnight recovery, Line reducing concentrate and clearly corrective dark spot solution. Must Buy!

on 8/6/2014 6:37:00 PM

I've never had issues with my skin, but after having a baby my hormones were all over the place and my skin felt the consequences. I started using a couple of Weleda products that I think made my skin worse, so I needed something to soothe it and calm the redness, spots and bring it back to normal. I was going to get the Skin Rescuer from Kiehl's but the SA advice me to get this one.
I've been using it for the past two weeks morning and night and my skin is starting to feel normal again. I don't know if it's just this product, because I stopped using everything I was using and simplify my routine to an AvŤne cleanser and this moisturizer, but I really do feel like it's helping my skin.
For now, I'll keep using it until I feel my skin is on the right track and I bring back the rest of the products I was using. It's a good product to have on hand, since my skin seems to agree with it. If things get crazy again, I know I count on it to make me skin feel right.

on 7/23/2014 3:03:00 PM

I've tried so many moisturiser and this is definitely the best. Love the consistency. It's not too thick nor watery. It absorbs really well but the down side is the bottle being too small. I use one bottle every month, thus making it kinda pricy cause I've gotta replace a new one every month.

on 6/2/2014 6:09:00 PM

Sorry Kiehlís Ultra Facial Cream Ė Iím just not that into you. After hearing such rave reviews, you have failed to satisfy my daily facial moisturizing needs. It was great that you were lightweight, non-greasy, and was quick to absorb into my skin, but I can get the same results from others at a fraction of the price. At $46.50 for 4.2oz, you are one expensive lady that I just canít justify spending money on mediocre results. Iíd rather spend $15-20 on 4oz bottle of Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer w/ SPF and get the same moisturizing results plus an additional brightening effect & daily SPF. With your fat round bottle and screw-top lid, itís been a hassle getting in touch with you. Aveeno just lets me do a quick pump with my finger and weíre done. Perhaps my face needs a lot more moisture than the average girl, but this relationship just isnít working out.

Used the sample products for several times. Liked it. Not so sure compared to its oily sister version of the product which one is better. It seems more nutritious on the feeling side and a bit worried prolonged usage may cause pore blockage problems. But worth a try anyway.

on 4/30/2014 12:55:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I am on to my second jar of this stuff since December. I use this day and night and find if very hydrating. It is lightweight cream that absorbs well, allowing you to apply makeup soon after. Ever since using the Kiehls range, I have found that my skin is a lot clearer, softer and healthier. It is a shame that it's quite expensive though!

I have combination and sensitive skin, and this is the first time I am trying its product. I have heard a lot of good things about this brand, but this cream caused me serious allergies and took me a long while to recover. Not using it anymore.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This cream broke me out after using it for only two days. I do have Rosacea but am not break-out prone. I often have reactions to products such as burning, stinging, redness, etc. Due to my sensitive skin but I rarely break out from products. I'm very dry and usually use a thick layer of Cerave cream twice a day. This cream was also pretty greasy which is unusual since I'm so dry. It's also terrible under makeup.