Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I regularly change my skincare products around and am by no means a loyalist when it comes to any skincare or beauty brands and so generally I'm not biased towards any product and give all of them a pretty fair chance at the get-go. On this note, I have a love/hate relationship with most of Kiehl's products (and believe me, I've tried nearly all of them), but this moisturizer can probably be considered close to HG status in terms of hydrating and improving my overall skin texture.

I have pretty erratic but normal skin, at the best of times I don't get any pimples and it's just average (i.e. neither oily nor dry), at the worst I break out suddenly in little random bumps across my face (these are not so bad, they are never big and pus-like, and are usually either hormonal or an allergic reaction to a new product) and have dry patches around my cheeks and on my nose.

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream has been one of those moisturizers that have always produced consistently great results for me but just kind of fade into the background the minute I get bored with my skincare regimen and its products. That being said, it has always been a reliable moisturizer in that I never break out when I use it, and it always manages to hydrate my skin and makes my pores and lines appear less visible (I don't know why but I'm guessing this is due to how 'plump' my skin looks and feels after I use it). Makeup application is always smoother after I use this cream too, and I don't even have to use much of the cream per application - a little goes a long way.

I know this cream is meant to be used as an all round moisturizer, meaning it can be used for day and/or night, but as a day cream I find it far too thick and rich to use in the hot and humid climate I live in and I also feel it just sits like a greasy mess on my face when I use it in the morning as it isn't absorbed into the skin immediately. So when some people say that this cream doesn't absorb well, I kind of get where they're coming from - it doesn't absorb quickly and can be quite greasy when you first apply it. However, when used as a night cream, by the time I wake up in the morning and observe my skin, I always feel it is far more supple and well hydrated than from the night before - perhaps it's just one of those creams that act a bit more slower and needs quite a number of hours to actually seep into the layers of the skin before its effects are noticeable?

I also love the smell of this moisturizer, it's not overpowering at all and quite delicate (almost nonexistent), and the cooling touch of the cream when first placed on my skin is always welcoming. So while I continue on my hunt for a HG daytime moisturizer and may get distracted by other new products in the market, at least I know that the Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream is there in the background, ready to prove its worthiness to me yet again.

on 10/3/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

Oh wow. This is by far the best moisturizer I have ever tried.
I have been looking for something that really hydrates without making the skin greasy and this is just the perfect product for that. It's super soft and easy to apply, it absorbs quickly.
I often wake up with dry, red and flaky cheeks but if I apply this at night, in the morning my cheeks are actually ok and it's like this product brings the redness and irritation down.

It's definitely worth a try on sensitive skins, and Khiels are a brand that strongly believe in samples, unlike some other places.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This product is the bomb shizzles. I think most of the negative reviews are because of scooping out too much product. This product is a moisturiser, not designed to get "absorbed" into you skin like a serum or essence. It is supposed to act as a barrier between your skin and external elements, helping to effectively lock the moisture in. And I think it does that extremely well, WITHOUT breaking me out. And I've tried everything drugstore even brands like Pai etc, nothing else is as gentle and effective on my skin as this is. With a little bit of experimentation, you'll be able to find the right quantity of this product you need for your skin. I still need to blot mid day, but I'm happy with the overall softening and protecting effect is has on my skin.

on 7/27/2015 3:40:00 AM

My face does not absorb this product well at all...disappointed

Gave into the hype and bought the Ultra Facial Cream. Feel like a lot is needed to go a long way, but with that being said, if you use too much it leaves a really greasy and oily film on your face, and takes a bit of time to absorb.
Makes my face feel tingly after use and worsens the redness on my face. I feel like it is slightly irritating, and definitely is inappropriate for all skin types. It does moisturise, but does not have the ideal properties I believe to be in a good moisturiser, and especially for the price point.

I absolutely LOVE this cream!
I've been through so many different brands and different formulas and nothing does the job like Kielhs.
I have combination dry sensitive skin, so picking the right moisturiser is essential for me.
Having a cream that is a tad too moisturising for me will instantly cause my skin to break out in spots, and one that isn't moisturising enough causes my skin to flake and go pink.
This is the perfect balance for me skin, and I've tried other creams but always found myself coming back to this one.
I love that it has no smell either! I've recommended this to so many of my friends and family and everyone loves it!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

On my second one so far.

Pros
- cheaper than other moisturizers I've used
- moisturizing
- glides on easily
- my face hasnt had any negative reactions to this. Soothing, almost.

Cons
- I wonder if this is appropriate in the summer when a less "moisture intense" cream would suffice
- no added perks/benefits (ie SPF, etc)

Overall, on a 1 to 10, 10 being the best thing ever, this is a 7

definitely one of my favourite moisturizers

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This burns my skin pretty badly around my nose. It does moisturize very well despite the burning I get. The packaging is good and I have traveled with it several times so that's not a problem. It may have contributed to some breakouts I had over the winter and I'm pretty sure it clogs my pores. I wouldn't buy this cream again.

on 4/11/2015 6:56:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I stopped using this moisturizer a few years ago (not sure why) but I recently repurchased it and I love it. It's so moisturizing for my dry skin and it works great under makeup. I will be purchasing the SPF one this summer.

I wish they would change the packaging to a squeeze tube however, I just feel like it's more sanitary. But I suppose your fingers are clean when applying! ;)

I'm actually surprised that only 62% would repurchase!