Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 12/8/2017 3:20:00 AM

Usually the minute the weather gets colder and the central heating goes on, my face goes like the Sahara desert. My trusty Nivea just isn't cutting it anymore. Somebody suggested I tried this, I have to say the price put me off for a long time but eventually got round to it. Instant relief! My skin looks beautiful and not a dry patch in sight. Still not sure about the price for such a small pot but maybe doable if I just use it in the winter months.

on 12/5/2017 3:19:00 PM

The ingredients list on this product is really impressive. It's been around for a while but already contains so many of the hyped ingredients we love today, like squalane and urea. I bought this product and used it religiously for 2 months. It replaced other moisturizing products in my regime, and my skin felt moisturized while I was using it. So I never thought to blame this product when I started exhibiting symptoms of extreme dehydration in my skin - peeling, cracking, any cuts taking a long time to heal, extra oiliness, etc.

Finally, I want back to a BeautyEditor.ca post I really like that talked about another moisturizing product and in the process, discussed why you should avoid silicones in products. Silicones are often present in moisturizers so that the texture of the product feels sumptuous and pleasant to consumers. They act as emollients, meaning they make your skin FEEL smooth and healthy but without actually having a permanent cosmetic effect on your skin. Worse still, they can block other ingredients in the product from penetrating into your skin and actually improving it.

I went back to the ingredients list on this product. After water and glycerin, cyclohexasiloxane - a silicone - is the top ingredient. I've finally switched moisturizers and my skin is starting to recover from the dehydration I was suffering from!!

on 11/28/2017 4:24:00 PM

Love this cream for winter. It is perfect for my combination skin...doesn't feel too oily but doesn't dry out the cheeks. My skin gets flaky sometimes in winter and this cream takes care of that. I love how it smells too. My skin feels really soft after applying it which is always a bonus. It doesn't sit on my skin like other creams I've used. No breakouts.

on 11/22/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Not impressed. Does not hydrate at all nor make skin smooth, stings slightly upon application around mouth area, and caused small bumps (very few luckily!). They went away soon after I discontinued use. I used it one night only because it just did not hydrate

on 11/11/2017 3:49:00 PM

I don't reach for Kiehl's products because Cerave is usually my go-to brand for moisturizers, but a friend had an extra unopened one that she gifted me. I wasn't expecting this to be anything special but his cream has really surprised me. It is super moisturizing and has no fragrance. I use it as a night cream only on top of my Retin-A cream and it has blown Cerave out of the water, which I never thought I would say. I'd consider this my new heavy-duty, nighttime moisturizer. A little goes a long way. The packaging could be more hygienic. I'll definitely repurchase.

Those of you with oily or combination skin, be really careful. I had a bad break out after the first 4 days. I think it's a great mosturizer only for dry skin.

on 6/19/2017 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have the ultra face cream with SPF. I am NC 30-35, mature combination skin, prone to hives and milia. This is a bit too rich for me in the summer and caused some whiteheads which is unusual for me.

on 6/16/2017 3:15:00 PM

Again w the PARABENS ???

This made my skin calmer than the lotion type of the ultra moisturizer HOWEVER , it doesn't do great under powder as much .

Nor does it make my skin as soft as the lotion version .

Not buying it again unless they revise their ingredients to remove them pesky parabens!

I used this in the winter, underneath my serum in the morning before applying makeup and I really like this moisturizer! I have oily combination skin that turned a bit dry in the winter, that's why I decided to pick up this formula. The texture is watery but rich at the same time however don't be fooled because this sinks in really fast especially underneath makeup. It makes my foundation go on really smoothly and in the winter it leaves my skin hydrated and overtime my skin produced less oil. I have also used this in springtime just as a moisturizer without any makeup when it's a no makeup day and I really like it as well. It doesn't make me breakout neither does it irritate my skin in any way. I'm going to try the ultra facial cream with spf because I need to wear spf especially in the summer when I'm travelling. I bought the big jar of this and haven't even finished it yet because you only need a really small amount because that goes a long way. I do think that any skin type will benefit from this moisturizer especially dry skin types and combination. Try it, you won't regret it! Ps: I like to layer it on after I spritz my jurlique face mist because it leaves my skin refreshed and glowy

I have dry skin especially during winter, it becomes better during summer.
This was very good for the dry patches on my face when nothing else worked, during winter. It’s almost summer now and I was expecting it to become too oily but still absorbs nicely and my face does not become oily during the day either.
I feel it hydrates very well.
However, after long use, I started seeing some red pimples under my skin and this never happened to me before. I will discontinue and start using again later on to see if this cream is guilty.

Update (one year later now) - I continued using during summer and it was not too oily. However my face keeps getting dryer as I age and this winter the cream version did not solve anymore the dry patches that appeared. After some hesitation and trying some samples, I bought the balm version which is super-thick and it works perfectly. So I will use the balm for winter and the cream for summer, and they both work with anti-aging serum under them (as they don't have anti-aging properties) and make-up on.