Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream

Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
Ultra Facial Cream

3.7

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Squalane, Bis-PEG-18 Methylether Dimethyl Silane, Sucrose Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, PEG-8 Stearate, Urea, Myristyl Myristate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Persea Gratissima Oil, Olea Europaea Fruit Oil, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Imperata Cylindrica, Stearic Acid, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Propylparaben, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Hydroxide, PEG-8, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Myristyl Alcohol, Collagen, Hydroxypalmitoyl Sphinganine ,Chitosan, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate.

on 3/20/2014 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is the best facial moisturizer I have ever used. I was expecting it to be a thick facial cream but it is super light and sinks right into my dry skin. If I put it on at night, I wake up the next morning with supple skin. I can also apply it under my sunscreen without it feeling to heavy or clogging my pores. If you have normal-dry skin, you must try this. Kiehl's really came through on this one. The only downside is the price, which is a little much at $50, but to me, this stuff is worth it. The packaging isn't the best either, but I prefer simple packaging in my beauty products to wasteful extravagant packaging so I'm not taking any lippies off for that. One tub lasted me ~7 months.

on 3/18/2014 4:06:00 PM

I'm in love with this product. Liked the texture, the scent and after applying it really absorbs to my skin. I use it as night cream because there is no SPF in it.

*This review is coming from a sample, as I always like to test moisturizers before buying them to make sure they fit my complexion.

I went to the Kiehl's counter at my local drugstore and asked for a moisturizer sample so as to try it. Though the salesman (yes, it was a he!) insisted that this will be perfect for me, when I went home and washed my face to test it I was majorly dissapointed. The consistency is too heavy for me, even though I have dry skin in some parts. I put it on 3 times, didn't even finish the whole sample, it felt so heavy on my face that I had to REALLY fight the urge to wash it off. Not for me at any length, maybe suitable for someone with really dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have dehydrated skin that can be prone to breakouts. I found that this cream was great on my cheeks, but that it sat heavy on my face overall. It caused me to have the worst whiteheads of my life. But, if you just have really dry skin, it did a good job in those areas. Avoid it like the plague if you're acne prone.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

To be honest I would give this a 3.5 but was unable to. I have dry skin, leaning on extra dry in the winter and normal in the summer. This is a good basic moisturiser, iI use it at night as it does not have an SPF. It softens my skin, soaks in nicely, makes it look supple, highly moisturised and works well on top of my serum (which is bio oil mixed with midnight recovery concentrate). In fairness that is all I really need from a moisturiser as I leave all the extras to professional treatments and serums. The only reason I did not give it higher is that it does pretty much what my cetaphil moisturiser does which is so much more cheaper and comes in a larger container. I would by it again if i was feeling extra buoyant that month :)

This is a good basic moisturiser for my wintry combination-dry skin. It massages in quickly and leaves my skin feeling neither greasy nor dry. Unlikely to repurchase as I prefer products with more bells and whistles.

I'm on my second jar and I happen to get the big jar which is 4.2 fl oz. I really liked my first jar. I found it to be good as a general moisturizer. I have combination and sensitive skin and acne prone skin. The first jar worked out pretty good for me. I used this almost every day, alternating with my laneige moisturizer in the winter and as my primary moisturizer in the summer because I didn't find it too greasy. That routine worked out quite well for me until recently. For a while, I was using my Kiehls product almost everyday and my esthetician told me she was seeing more acne and whiteheads. Because of that I change my routine and I use it once a week now. I'm not exactly sure if the formulation changed or my skin just doesn't really agree with it right now. I will update with more, since I used to like this product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Claims to be suitable for all skin types, but breaks me out almost immediately. Not particularly moisturizing. Would prefer a squeeze tube or something more hygienic than a tub. Expensive.

Skin type: normal, NOT prone to breakouts, sensitive to fragrances and dyes

This is the perfect moisturizer if you are on Accutane or any other medicine that makes your skin dry. I imagine its perfect even if you just have dry skin. It is definitely not as oily as the Ultra Facial lotion for the face. Its creamier and less oily. After putting it on my skin glows and quickly absorbs it. I keep buying it. Love it.

on 11/9/2013 3:30:00 PM

Pros:
- good moisturising effect that lasts for a long time
- great consistency: a little goes a long way; allows a 'thin' layer to be applied

Cons:
- sometimes stings my (sensitive) skin