La Mer Creme de la Mer The Moisturizing Creme

3.5

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Lime Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Ecalyptus Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Alfalfa Seed Powder, Sunflower Seedcake, Sweet Almond Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Glyconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene, Decyl Oleate, Aluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

I was very skeptical about trying this product in the beginning esp after discovering their hefty price tag! However, after reading raves/rants about this item, I got a sample of Creme De La Mer from Neiman's. It's a good moisturizer for winter, foundation goes on smooth and easy, smells ancient and pleasant. But, it has no SPF protection, age defying elements like retinol, AHA or essential vitamins for the skin. For those of us who don't have deep pockets, get a sample first and see if it works for you. For something that has none of the benefits of modern technology, the price is ridiculous!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I promised myself I would never buy this product, but I sure am glad I did! CDLM has done wonders for my skin. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to eczema. Ever since I started using CDLM my skin not only has fewer breakouts, but my eczema has virtually disappeared! It even gives me a bit of a rosey glow I never had before! Also, even though I've heard never to apply a heavy cream to the undereye area, I do this faithfully everynight with CDLM. I've noticed a reduction in puffiness and even my dark circles have faded. Of course the price is a huge draw back @ $195 for 2 oz., but my skin has never looked better.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry, sensitive skin that flakes and breaks out in my "T-zone"
area. Also, I have rough, red patches along my jawline that are somewhat
bothersome. All of this in addition to significant sun damage on my forehead
- creating some lines. So, I bought the Creme de la Mer (CdLM) instead of
the Serum or Lotion. It is an extremely rich cream that smells like cold cream.
I only apply at night before bed, but it can be applied twice a day. After
one week (which is how long the SA told me it would take to see results), I was not sold. It has done nothing to help the patches on my jawline,
but did firm some of the small lines I have around my eyes, mouth and
on my sun-damaged forehead. I would not buy it again. For $85 an ounce, I'd better have found
the holy grail of moisturizers. Maybe I am expecting too much from a
moisturizer? I just think that my drugstore Eucerin works just as well for me.

I was wary of buying such an expensive creme, but after reading so many good things about it I had to try it. I did soome on line research and since I dont live near a store that carries this product I emailed the customer service departmen at Neiman Marcus and they happily sent me some samples. I got hey creme they eye balm and the face serum. This stuff is incredible. It really works. I have combination skin and was afraid the heavy creme would make me oilier. it did not. Skin stays moisturized all day and I could really see those little lines around my eyes softening. You can use the creme as an eyecream as well which is a money saver in the long run. I decided to buy both the creme and the eye balm as they worked well for me. I highly recommend this product dont let the high price scare you away its worth every penny!!

This product has helped tremendously calm my skin. It is a great nighttime moisturizer-it never breaks me out and makes my skin so soft.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Absolutely the best! Ideal for drier skins. Expensive but worth it. My skin never looked better!!

I would have liked this product to come in a pump or something since they'll give you a spatula for hygeine but a pump is smarter. Overall, I did see some difference and use this as part of my acne management routine.