OPI Princesses Rule

Princesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses Rule

4.4

on 5/7/2009 6:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have no luck with OPI polishes, and this was no exception. I wish it looked the way it looks in the bottle, but nope...on me, it looks like I am wearing an almost clear glittery top coat. There is a very slight tinge of pink, but so pale that you cannot really call it a "color". I can still see the color of my own nails after 3 coats of this (translation: the yellow-ness of my nails caused by other polishes). It is just too transparent for my taste...
I like the applicator though, and the fact that overall it is a forgiving shade, as it would be hard to notice if it becomes chipped.

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this pale baby pink color. It's one of those barely there colors, but it really packs a shimmery punch that takes you by surprise; You just don't expect the glimmer it gives you, from such a shy color. I would say the name fits the color, as it is very 'princess-y'...But it isn't too pink. It's a very sheer and soft pink; Timeless:) I would say office friendly, also. Definitely very wearable and perfect for summer.

Application was nice and easy; It's very forgiving being that it is a lighter color. It wore for about 10 days with no chips, also. Gotta love that:)

on 5/6/2009 12:25:00 AM

I love this color. I needed something subtle especially for winter and particulary since im not alloud to wear bright nail polish at school. So i bought this. I was expecting it to be really light and very un noticable (in a bad way) but instead it applied really well and you can see a hint of a pink shimmer. perfect! As for price, it was expensive for a nail polish but im glad i bought it!

I really wanted to like this as i loved Hollywood blonde (a beige version) however after 3 coats I could still my nail tips through the polish and the pink really didn't work with my skintone (neutral/cool PPP). I had it on for just a couple of hours before i just had to remove it which was a PITA! The application was fantastic, really smooth brilliant OPI quality. If it works with your skintone it would look fab, but unfortunatly not for me.

on 5/4/2009 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LoVE THIS!!! New HG for spring and summer...Nuff said!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a cute color. In the bottle, it looks like a glittery baby pink. It goes on much clearer than it looks like. It shows up as a pale clear/pink with subtle glitter. I'm not a huge glitter fan, but the glitter in this polish is fine and shimmery, not chunky. It's more of a sophisticated glittery polish, if there is such a thing. This would look great layered over other colors, but it's pretty on its own too. Princesses Rule is from OPI's 2006 Princess Charming Soft Shades collection.

on 4/20/2009 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is probably my favourite nail colour. It looks great on my dark skin (my hands are around NC35). I am in my 30s, but it doesn't look inappropriately young on me. I don't know if it's appropriate for work, it probably depends on where you work. It is shimmery, so if you don't like shimmer, do not buy this. The application is excellent, and because of the shimmer, very forgiving, all your mistakes don't stare out at you, which is important because I'm a perfectionist when it comes to nail polish application, and I get really frustrated if streaks and bubbles show.
The shimmer does dull over a few days, but I easily get 10 days out of the polish with base and top coats, and 3 weeks on my toes without chipping.
I love this, and I will absolutely buy it again when I run out.

Looks gorgeous in the bottle but pretty ghastly on my nails. I got it as a gift, would never buy anything so sparkly myself. In the bottle it is a lovely shimmery princess pink but on my medium skintone hands it's a horrible sparkly white and makes my skin look all dark and grey... What was I thinking putting it on anyway? Princess pink belongs to a girl in their teens not a grown woman in her 30's!!! Will give it to my young cousin (aged 18), maybe she'll have better luck with it. Aside from the color everything else about this polish is fine and not too difficult to apply, lasts well but I can't wait to take it off!!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love, love, love, love, LOVE this color! I love OPI and Princesses Rule is my favorite color by far.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Princesses Rule is a light glittery pink that is difficult to apply. The shade is beautiful, but hard to apply. I probably wouldn't repurchase this one again.

Popular Polishes