OPI Princesses Rule

OPI Princesses Rule
Princesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses RulePrincesses Rule

4.4

I tried this on a whim at my salon and I fell in love with it right away. Even the manicurist said it was a cute color. I like the super sparkly quality because it masks imperfections. Even when I started getting chipped polish, the sparkly sheerness of this polish color really helped hide the chips. I know some people say it's too sheer but for a business professional, it's fun and youthful without being unprofessional or immature. I liked it so much that I went and bought my own bottle. If you really want to get the full effect of the pink sparkly color, you'll have to apply two solid coats, at least. Otherwise, it's pretty as as sheer layer over another color.

I had this done as a pedicure on the run in order to make up for a previous crappy polish job. Very simple, light pink, and makes the toes look very clean and polished! It almost looks silver in certain lights. I've had it on almost two weeks and not a chip, and I haven't added additional topcoat. Today, I put white tips on it for a modified French pedicure and it looks even better! I will definitely buy a bottle of this ASAP.

*edit* Still haven't bought a bottle, but had another pedi done with this yesterday and it's just so beautiful. Last time the polish lasted for 4 weeks with nary a chip! I found a bottle on Ebay so I will buy soon.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a great nail polish for just everyday wear. Its a sheer shimmery pinkish color thats just very girly and nice i think. I get lots of compliments whenever I wear it. It is one of those colors where you don't have to apply it perfectly you know...my bottle came with the new wide brush applicator and I love it. I usually wear 2 coats of this and my nails look so nice and polished. I usually have a hard time picking a nail color mostly because I have like a hundred of them but whenever I just can't decide..I always go back to this color because it works out everytime lol. I dont even apply a top coat because its so shiny to begin with and the formula stays on. Even if there are little chips you can't even tell. LOVE THIS POLISH! scared that it will run out and opi will discontinue.

on 9/8/2009 2:18:00 AM

This is a great color for layering over other (more opaque) colors, which I learned after applying 4(!) coats and still not opaquing out my nail... That said, it has a beautiful goldish glitter which creates a bit of a rough texture on the nail. This can easily be smoothed out with a clear top coat. Wears pretty well, my 4 coat application started chipping after 4 days but I am not gentle with my polish by any means. The formula and brush are easy to work with, but I rated the packaging low because I received this color in a "pretty little pinks" freebie trio from ULTA, and the brush opening is just way too small for my shaky left hand to navigate to without making me nervous that the bottle is going to tip over. Usually I have to use two hands to dip the brush. I will definitely consider buying a full size version of this color when my 1/8 oz sample runs out.

on 8/29/2009 11:25:00 PM

I love my Princesses Rule!! I have so much fun layering it with different colors!! The sparkles in it are pretty and the clear base makes my nails look finished! It looks pink but when it goes on, its clear with silver sparkles so you can pair it with anything.

on 7/28/2009 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Not sure what more I can add, but here goes - this polish is a shimmery-bordering-on-glittery sheer pink. It sounds very childish (with the glitter?!), but it's a very pretty light pink and makes my nails look very 'finished'. With the sheerness, it reminds me of a French manicure (as you can see the white part of your nail under it). I think it looks perfect in the middle of summer, but I bet that it can be really gorgeous in winter (layered with an appropriate color underneath).

I love this polish. I often apply it to my nails on top of my usual shade when it is starting to look a little dull after a couple of days. It hides imperfections very well, and gives me a couple more days before I need to redo it all. Very fun and pretty colour. I'd describe it as sheer light pink shimmer, but not is a childish way. I prefer just one layer of this shade to keep it as sheer as possible.

on 7/5/2009 1:42:00 PM

I LOVE this colour. Princesses Rule is a very pretty shimmery subtle pink colour. Yes it's on the sheer side - I personally do 3 coats and I'm happy with the results. What I like about this is it is on the subtle side, but still adds a nice little pop on my fair skin. It lasted quite a while before it chipped so it has pretty great lasting power. Absolutely adore this - it's a very girly shade. Get this one while you can :)

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! It is so flattering on any skin tone. It is too sheer for toes, but on hands it looks beautiful. Subtle but not boring, sparkles add a fun touch. If you find it too sheer, apply a neutral pink and then a coat of princesses rule ontop. LOVE IT.

on 6/9/2009 10:03:00 AM

I recently got a manicure and chose this shade. I loved it so much, I had to pick up a bottle of this! It's a great sheer pink, and the sparkle adds a real kick. After two coats I can still see my nails underneath, but this is like a gloss that covers all imperfections. This is a great alternative to other natural shades. It's still very appropriate for the office, but more fun. You really can't tell if it chips or not so I get a lot of wear out of this. It's my new favorite shade!

Popular Polishes