Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Yves Rocher Bronze Nature
Great self tanner!

4.3

on 7/6/2006 5:33:00 AM

I bought the YS Bronze Nature selftanner gel for face for a dirt cheap price so I really didn't expect too much from this. It just sat in my drawer for a while but some evening ago I decided to give it a try. The first thing I noticed was the scent, a really nice monoi de tahiti fragrance that is very nice. The gel itself is claer, which is a minus, since I couldn't see where I had applied it. I used a cotton pad to put this on my face and neck, it sunk into my skin really quickly and didn't leave a film on my skin. When I woke up the next morning I found that I had a nice, even tan that didn't look orangey or unnatural. Needless to say, I'm really really impressed with this product. I've actually never found a selftanner that works for my extremely pale skin before. Nice!

on 6/7/2006 12:06:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've tried all the products in the new Bronze Nature line so far (spray, shimmer lotion, legs, face, & face anti-wrinkle), & this is my favorite brand that I've tried ever. Very affordable price too compared with nearly any drugstore brand. (With all their sales & internet/mail order specials I've never once paid full price on any of the dozens of YR products that I've purchased.) They make my skin so soft without feeling greasy, & no streaks or orange. They don't even turn my knees & ankles ultra-dark, which has happened to me with SO many self-tanners no matter how sparingly I applied it in those areas. I even love the scent -- kind of a slightly sweet tropical floral scent (tiare flower?), not the usual coconut-type. The only one I might not repurchase is the shimmer one -- it is a bit TOO shimmery for my tastes, but I always apply all my self-tanners before I go to bed & shower in the morning, so it really doesn't matter too much anyway. The anti-wrinkle face tanner is very convenient too, as I can just use it in place of my usual night cream once or twice a week instead of using two products. It's in a plastic jar too, which would make it good for traveling or taking with on vacation. LOVE this line & will definitely repurchase!

on 5/14/2006 11:47:00 AM

I really like this one. I hate the smell of selftanners, but this one doesn't reek! I can actually put it on and leave the house and not be caught in a cloud of bad odour after a while. I wouldn't go to a party or a movie with it on though, I think I can detect a very faint sf smell, but a day in the park or hiking is ok. I also used it on my legs before going to work.(The "summer legs" selftanner version is in comparison a stinker.)
This selftanner is clear in color and comes in a spray bottle.
It is easy to apply, but you have to work fast or it will sink in where you sprayed it. I find it easier to apply after I have used a moisturizer, as it doesn't really moisturize alone even though it says so on the bottle. It gives a quick, tanned glow - not orange, but natural. It is not just a hint of colour, so you can see a difference after only one hour. If you want a deeper tan, reapply.
It smells wonderfull of gardenia, but not too strong.
Remember to shake the bottle before applying, and wash your hands thoroughly (of course) after.
I haven't finished my first bottle, and I have allready purchased a second one.
UPDATE: I think this is the best selftanner for me, it doesn't stink, you see a nice tan quickly, and it makes my skin softer allthough I don't find it very moisturizing. I'm satisfied and will definately repurchase.

Just a note:

After more than 15 years of being a repeat customer at Yves Rocher, I've closed my membership and account after being treated rudely one last time by their customer service in Norway. Clearly the company has a worldwide issue with their customers if they are dissatisfied, after reading more than one review mentioning it.

on 4/17/2006 10:13:00 PM

I got the one in the spray bottle from the Bronze Nature collection, it's in a clear plastic bottle. I was impressed with the color it gave me, no orange at all and it went on quickly and evenly. I like the liquid formula cuz it's easy to spread but be sure to wash your hands quickly cuz it sinks in fast and WILL turn your palms orange like any self tanner would. I took off one lippie cuz the smell was really strong but it does cover up the DHA smell. I got it on sale for $10 CAN, i'm going to try the one with the shimmer in it next.
UPDATE:I am upgrading my review to 5 lippies, this is by far better than any self tanner i've tried. After applying this twice I had a great seep tan with many compliments. NO ORANGE AT ALL and NO STREAKS. WAy to go Yves!