Yves Rocher Bronze Nature

Great self tanner!

4.3

on 4/25/2008 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the spray tanner, and I love it! It dries quickly, gives me a natural looking tan (but I do not use it on my face), and although its scent is strong, I am able to tolerate it for three hours until I can shower. It does have a typical self tanner scent if not washed off after three hours, but everything I have tried does.

on 4/15/2008 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This indeed give me a beautiful tan but it's unbelieveably streaky especially on the legs

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have used many self tanners and this is my current favourite ( I had been using xen tan which is lovely but too pricey for me every month!)! Bronze nature is quite cheap and a little goes a long way and it smells gorgeous! I use the light one for pale skins and I get a very natural tan every time. It is shimmery when you put it on which would be lovely if you used it on a night out but it is not so glittery that you get it all over your bed sheets if you put it on before bed! It is quite moisturising too and I would definitely buy this again! Edit - Although this is perfect for winter when I want to take the edge off my whiteness but not look stupid - in summer I prefer a darker tan so use a different one.

on 10/20/2007 6:25:00 AM

I used the 3-in1 Light Finish which is a self-tanner/shimmery bronzer. Awful product!! Perhaps the worst self-tanner I have used, and I've used a lot. I'm pretty good at applying self-tanner, but this came out so streaky - particularly on the legs. Thank goodness it's fall and I can hide them away. Not sure why I'm in the minority on this product but I really do hate it.

on 6/21/2007 8:50:00 AM

I tried the face and leg ones after reading the reviews here and absoultely love them! The color is natural looking and I had no streaks or anything. This is the 1st self tanner I've used that didn't come out bad on my legs, and I've used a lot (but not the ridiculously expensive ones). The only thing I could have done w/o was the smell, which wasn't so much bad as it was strong. But it was something I could defintely deal w/to have such a great outcome and I didn't notice the smell after about 10 minutes, and my husband didn't say anything about it either. The tubes are a little small for what I'm used to, so I just ordered a few more b/c I really don't want to run out.
I have extremely white, almost see-through, freckled skin, and it just came out great on it. I exfoliated my entire body and face in the shower, also shaving my legs. I dried off completely, put some regular body lotion on my feet and ankles, knees, elbows, hands and wrists and then applied the tanner all over. I did this at night and showered in the morning after a sweaty workout and it looked so natural.
Hope my review helps!

on 5/14/2007 8:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

My skin has a natural ligth olive complexion (latino) that tans dark in the sun. These products are good in obtaining the correct bronze color and not the orangey type. My goal for now in using a self tanner to hold on to a fading "real sun" tan. I have reviews for two separate products from this line:

1. "Sunkissed Face Sunless Tanning lotion" (Teint ensoleillé) Rating=3, which can also be used on the body. This is a gel sort of cream (non-colored) that applies smoothly, but WATCHOUT for giving it plenty of time to dry (like 3-4 hours) without having clothes or anything else rub up against your skin. After I applied this lotion to my whole body, it left a rather sticky feeling. I usually apply self-tanner before going to sleep. In this case that was a BAD idea as I woke up with streaking around my face where I had pillow lines (now fake tanned in) and on my body. Otherwise the product had an excellent end color and the smell was on the more tolerable side (compared to other self-tanners where the soy sauce smell would reek for days). I would use it again, but next time ONLY on my face and hours before bedtime (or any other activity like sports that might cause streaking).

2. "3 in 1 Shimmering Sunless Tanning Lotion" (3 en 1 Effet Lumière) Rating=4, since there was a big sale at Yves Rocher I also bought this one to try it out. The saleslady was kind enough to caution me that this lotion has a big shimmer effect (golden sparkles) since for some people it's too luminous. This golden colored cream worked perfectly with my faded tan to instantly bring out the color. This lotion was a lot quicker to dry (I would say completely dry in 1 hour) than the face gel/lotion and easier to see gunky or missed spots due to sparkly color. I did not use this shimmering lotion on my face though, but instead used the previous Sunkissed Face one and this time applying it with plenty of time before going to sleep (3 hours) so it dried properly. I woke up this morning with excellent results, and I had a nice color after I showered all the sparklies away.

The only reason I gave Bronze Nature 4 out of 5 is because I am still looking for a miracle self-tan cream that: leaves a deep natural color tan after just 1 application, applies and blends smoothly, completely dries quickly (in less than 30 minutes), leaves no streaking, and does not have that overpowering everlasting soy sauce smell. Bronze Nature gave me very good results with an affordable price tag.

on 3/30/2007 10:46:00 AM

Yesterday I tried the self-tanner for the face "SUNKISSED FACE SUNLESS TANNING CARE" which apparently can be used on the face and the body so that was a plus. I exfoliated my face and then I moisturized. I applied the cream or shall i say gel as they call it. It was easy to apply but because it's clear not tinted it's kinda hard to see if you miss any spots. I applied it in circles (Mr. Miagy style - wax on wax off) and it seems to be absorbed pretty quick. Then I moved on to my neck and my chest which I moisturized prior to the application. I was so excited to see the colour especially after the sales lady told me it would be noticeable after 2 applications. After an hour I didn't really see a lot of colour so I applied the cream again. i let it dry and went to bed. i was happy in the morning to see that the colour developed nicely with no streaks. even my hads were tanned and no orange at all. I took a shower and the colour faded a bit but it's still there not as strong. I put on some bronzer to even out the skin tone and it looked amazing......

I am going to put on another coat on tonight to see how dark I get....i'll keep you updated.

on 3/16/2007 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am reviewing two products:

face bronzer: LOVE this. i had been using the Jergen's stuff and while that was pretty good, it just smelled really badly and left a very slight bit of an orange tone. but the Yves Rocher is more brown than orange. it's stronger than the Jergen's but still looks completely natural. i have a tendency to get VERY tan in the warmer seasons so this was perfect for me.

also, on my friend's behalf...she asked me to write a review for her. she tried this too. she is normally pale beyond reason but this looked AWESOME on her! seriously, she looked like she had this really healthy glow and had returned from a tropical weekend vacation. she is a huge fan :)

as for the spray bronzer, that same pale friend used it too. she liked it a lot too. (i haven't tried it yet) but just be sure to wash your hands. she waited a little too long and one of her hands was a wee bit darker than what it normally is. but for either bronzer, it's easy to correct if you accidentally have a streak so no need to cry over spilled milk. but overall, we both LOVE the products!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I just ran out of my Cap Soleil Spray so I headed to the Yves Rocher Boutique and noticed that the Bronze Nature is replacing my beloved spray! At first I was a bit nervous to try something new as I have trouble getting a non-orange, natural-looking, streak-free tan! I had a coupon so I got 2 for $18cnd which is dirt cheap!! It comes in a clear spray bottle in 125ml/4.2oz size. It contains Tiare Flower Extract so it doesn't have that offensive self-tanner stench about it!! I was surprised that it went on even easier than my Cap Soleil and it turned out so even in color!! I find it's even more fool-proof if that's possible!!

My tan develops into a natural golden glow which is exactly what I wanted!! I tried the GlowFusion and I turned a patchy orange, but the YR has it just perfect!! I find even my feet/elbows and ankles have no tell-tale demarcation and I don't spend more than 5-10 mins applying either! I love the spray as it gets all of my body parts with a light mist and doesn't focus on any one point. It's been about a week since my last application and I noticed that I'm even fading more even than any other product too! I've used my first bottle about 7 times and I still have about 2 more doses left now! I find this is the BEST EVER!! I'm returning my GlowFusion and I'm going to stock up on more of this one!!

The Bronze Nature 3-in-1 Shimmering Bronzing Self-Tanner Lotion is pretty good. Aside from the shrimmer, it actually develope a nice tan on your skin. However, don't expect the tan to show up the next day... It does take it 2+ applications for the tan to work. (But that's what the bronzer is for...)
The scent is exotic. Not my personal favorite, but it didn't make me throw up.
The color of the tan is leaning a bit toward the "brown" shade instead of the "orange" shade. (But again, I'm of Asian decent. It could be my skin tone) - over all, I like this tanner much better than the Neutralgena, The Body Shop and the Bath and Body Works self-tanners. The Bronze Nature color is more natural.