Skintimate Shaving Gel

Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

4.1

Really good. I've used this forever, and it works much better than conditioner for me.. I've found when I use conditioner for some reason i don't get as close a shave. I'm not crazy about how scented/colored it is.. I usually don't like to use too many chemicals/scented products on my skin, so I'm going to finish the can and then I'm on the lookout for a new shaving cream.
EDIT jan 01/09:
This started to really really dry out my skin, so i've switched to aveeno shaving cream.. this stuff is just way too processed and chemical for me, thanks.

This was the first brand of shave cream I used as a young teen when I first started shaving and I loved it and still do for the most part. I think the scents are great and I love shaving with foam. I agree that shaving with conditioner is cheaper and does a fine job, but I still find myself buyiing this in all the new scents that come out and using it regularly. It is very moisturzing and does what it claims to do, keeps your legs smooth and nick free.

on 10/17/2008 5:55:00 PM

This a a great shave gel but... Why use a shave gel when any generic shower gel will do the job? I'm only giving it 3 Lippies because it's really not a necessary product. I love the way the gel feels but I will not repurchase it.

on 10/10/2008 11:46:00 AM

This is an good generic Shaving gel. Nothing special to report. It's as good as any other out there.

However, with the Blue baby soft one, I get the worst razor burn ever (it's not my razor as i dont get it with a different gel). It's so bad when i get out the bath/shower, i can barely keep still with the itching. I have to have a freezing shower afterwards and apply ice cubes to my legs to settle it. I don't consider myself to have sensitive skin, it's just this one product from Skintimate. Even with their other variaties i don't get this problem.

The bottle rust so becarefull where you keep it!!

Love this shave gel! My legs feel incredibly smooth after using this and it smells wonderful as well. I thought soap was doing its job until I purchased a can of this shaving gel! What I also love is that the smoothness lasts for a few days. This review is based on its Aromatherapy line, and I picked Tropical Splash with Olive Butter.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

loved the purple version of this stuff.... extra protection i believe? ultra protection? (i shop by color, i rarely remember what the formulation is, just that I use that particular color in a product). and then the purple DISAPPEARED! i can't find it anywhere, and it's not on the skintimate website. I was SO sad. I used the purple for years, from the first time I shaved up until probably two years ago when I couldn't find it anymore. I tried the other colors and didn't like them as much, and can't use anything with the crazy scents like raspberry and whatnot. So unfortunately, I've had to find something new (gillette for women, again in purple), because my beloved purple skintimate has disappeared. If any one knows where to find it still, I'd love to know!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used Skintimate for years---usually the tangerine, raspberry, or chamomile scents, and they always worked perfectly well: few to no nicks and cuts, nice smoothy smooth legs that smelled great.

However, I just recently discovered that Vo5 or Suave conditioners, the really cheapie ones, make AMAZING shaving cream, for a fraction of the cost. So sorry Skintimate---you've been replaced!

today was my first time ever purchasing a shaving gel/creams/etc. type product & to be honest, i always thought soap was just as effective. but as i passed down the aisle in target, i decided to give it a whirl. i mean, i never gave it a second thought but i noticed it wasn't as much as i thought it would be ($5) & was under $2. so i bought it & that night, i tested it out.

in the shower, when i first dispensed the shaving gel onto my hand, i wasn't sure how much i needed so i started out with a nickel sized portion. when i slathered it onto my legs, i realized it was very thin and didn't have much coverage and it was also dripping down my leg. i cannot lie, at this stage, i was extremely disappointed.

so i shaved the first leg and then started onto my second one. this time, i put a much bigger portion onto my hand (the size of two quarters, although it was by accident) & i feel as if it was too much this time. i slathered this onto my other leg and it lathered very nicely and this time, i found it very moisturizing and it was a much easier (and closer) shave.

overall, i find this to be a product that i will most likely buy in the future. the scent is extremely appealing (raspberry rain) and with the correct amount, i believe that it will be a perfect shave every time. (:

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the best shave gel I've used. I've tried every scent and formula they make and honestly, I love them all. It give me a close shave, keep irritation away and helps my legs feel smooth. I constantly had razor rash but I started using this to shave my legs and then when I get out of the shower, while my legs are still wet--I slather them with safflower oil ( see my review, this stuff is AMAZING). My legs have literally never been softer, and razor rash is a thing of the past. I buy this stuff in a 3pk at Sam's and I'll use it as long as they make it. HG shaving gel...absolutely!

I got the 'lotionized' version of this product for my sensitive and super dry legs. It makes them feel a little softer than usual, without the residue left behind from my moisturizers. It could have better lathering up abilities, because it washes off quite easily but I like it and it's lasted me a long time. I've tried multiple scents and they all smell great, not overpowering but really sweet. The only really negative things are that the bottle rusts too easily and it clogs my razor because the formula is kind of thick. But that's happened less now that I have a non-disposable four blade kind. Recommended.