Skintimate Shaving Gel

Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

on 5/6/2010 5:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I hate this stuff! It makes my skin red and itchy and has such a loud smell. I switched to Aveeno.

I have this in flirty mango. The smell is amazing and even after you wash it off the smell lingers on your skin. It makes my skin so soft. It's a great shaving cream.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I ♥♥♥ this shaving gel. The only thing is that the can isnt rust proof so you have to make sure to keep it dry NOT IN THE SHOWER! Other than that, I LOVE it

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is the only shave gel I use. I love it. Smells great. Works great. Doesn't irritate my skin (most dry me out or leave a nasty film). And 1 bottle lasts forever. Love it.

Really good. I've used this forever, and it works much better than conditioner for me.. I've found when I use conditioner for some reason i don't get as close a shave. I'm not crazy about how scented/colored it is.. I usually don't like to use too many chemicals/scented products on my skin, so I'm going to finish the can and then I'm on the lookout for a new shaving cream.
EDIT jan 01/09:
This started to really really dry out my skin, so i've switched to aveeno shaving cream.. this stuff is just way too processed and chemical for me, thanks.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I used Skintimate for years---usually the tangerine, raspberry, or chamomile scents, and they always worked perfectly well: few to no nicks and cuts, nice smoothy smooth legs that smelled great.

However, I just recently discovered that Vo5 or Suave conditioners, the really cheapie ones, make AMAZING shaving cream, for a fraction of the cost. So sorry Skintimate---you've been replaced!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is the best shave gel I've used. I've tried every scent and formula they make and honestly, I love them all. It give me a close shave, keep irritation away and helps my legs feel smooth. I constantly had razor rash but I started using this to shave my legs and then when I get out of the shower, while my legs are still wet--I slather them with safflower oil ( see my review, this stuff is AMAZING). My legs have literally never been softer, and razor rash is a thing of the past. I buy this stuff in a 3pk at Sam's and I'll use it as long as they make it. HG shaving gel...absolutely!

I got the 'lotionized' version of this product for my sensitive and super dry legs. It makes them feel a little softer than usual, without the residue left behind from my moisturizers. It could have better lathering up abilities, because it washes off quite easily but I like it and it's lasted me a long time. I've tried multiple scents and they all smell great, not overpowering but really sweet. The only really negative things are that the bottle rusts too easily and it clogs my razor because the formula is kind of thick. But that's happened less now that I have a non-disposable four blade kind. Recommended.

i had been using this for a while and i was noticing i was getting a lot of of bumps and scrapes and cuts...
i went to albertsons to get more shaving cream and i just grabbed the first one that i saw and it was albertsons knock off brand "equaline" this is the BEST shaving lotion i have EVER used. no scrapes bumps, and has given me the closest shave.

on 10/15/2006 6:59:00 PM

Well I guess this just works different on everyone! I personally love this shaving gel, and their selection of scents. I love how it goes from a gel to foam when you run it in. It gave me a really close shave as well, and my legs feel extremely smooth afterwards. This is a great shaving gel!