Skintimate Shaving Gel

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Skintimate  Shaving Gel
Shaving GelProduct Review Image -Skintimate shaving gel

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I had stopped using Skintimate years ago, because it just never gave me a very close shave in my underarm area, which is really important to me. I whimsically decided to try it again; something has changed, because it did the job perfectly, with no irritation or dryness. Perhaps it's because I'm using a men's multi-blade razor now?

The "Signature Scents:" Strawberry Tangerine Twist smells like strawberry Fanta. Mandarin Burst is a zesty grapefruit scent, not sweet; this one's my favorite. Raspberry Rain is a soapy raspberry, not foody or overly floral. Island Berry Breeze smells very much like Minute Maid fruit punch - not tropical punch, just fruit punch.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I prefer this shaving gel to most other products I've tried. I find it gives a good degree of lubrication, while not clogging up my razor. I only wish it was unscented, as I would prefer that.

I sometimes buy Gilette, as that is available at Costco and is therefore cheaper. But I always wish I was using the Skintimate

I have problems with dry, itchy skin on my legs even though I replace my razor as needed and use lotion. So glad I tried this out, I usually use the Gillette Venus Satin Care stuff but I found that my legs were still very dry after.. This shave gel smells great (I have the strawberry one, smells like candy), and leaves my legs really smooth and soft after. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loveee this shaving gel! Especially the strawberry/tangerine twist. :D So many of them smell wonderful, and I always get a close shave. It's moisturizing too! Been using this since day one, back in middle school, and I haven't quit since! (I have tried others tho, and been disappointed.)

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I use to love this stuff so much, & it was the only shave gel I would ever use. It would dry my skin out though, but I thought there was nothing I could do, so I continued to use. Then, a few times ago I went to the store & looked at my options and decided to get the Satin Care for Dry/Sensitive skin. I love that one so much more because it doesn't make my legs feel as dry. They both do the job just as well though. Probably won't buy this brand & type again.

on 3/16/2011 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I generally use this in Sensitive or Satin Care in Sensitive (whatever's cheaper, depending what's on sale). I like it. It laters well and protects my skin well and gives me a close, smooth shave. The only thing I'd change about it is to make it a bit less fragranced (sensitive skin doesn't really like fragrances). That's one pro that the Satin Care Sensitive gel has over this one (much lighter, barely noticeable fragrance). Otherwise it's good.

on 1/16/2011 1:26:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My HG shaving gel!!! I've used this ever since I started shaving, and I love it! It leaves my legs so very smooth, I'll never stop buying this stuff!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

I've always gone for and loved their fruity scents but recently tried the baby oil gel, and omg my legs are always beyond soft afterwards! It makes me want to try shaving with actual baby oil alone cause I've heard it works really good. I hate using mineral oil(which is what baby oil really is) in body lotion but as far as shaving goes it seems to be really nice!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought it in the berry scent(pinkish gel). It has a nice scent and it helps give a smooth shave( I used it with a regular Venus Razor and a St. Ives knockoff exfoliant before putting it on to exfoliate my legs and underarms).

on 6/19/2010 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've tried this shaving cream quite a few different times and I've never liked it. I'll try it for a while till the can is gone then I'll go back to something else. Then months later I'll try it again or someone will buy it for me and still no good. I don't know if I'm using the wrong kind of Skintimate or what but it makes my razor drag and I don't think I've ever had a smooth shave. Tends to cause a lot of razor rash for me as well. I've given up on it. Good luck to everyone else!