Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

Clinique All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love neutrals but I did not love these neutrals. They somewhat lacked pigment and were too red toned for my taste. Its not a bad quad just not right for me, I'm a cool toned PPP. I did get compliments while wearing it but also was told it looked reddish...not a bad thing but not the look I like. I don't feel these deserve a bad rating but I won't repurchase and will probably swap this quad away.

I really like these colors. I like Clinique eye shadow in general because I think it is so easy to blend (much easier than urban decay). The colors are good because they can be used in so many different ways. They are completely matte, so it's probably in your best interest to buy them and a gold/bronze shadow for highlights type purposes, either way I highly recommend them.

on 12/28/2007 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was really happy about this product. It had just the right colors for a natural kind of look. The lightest one was very sheer, but it makes for a even looking eyelid. I certainly will be buying more of this and more of it in others shades.

on 12/1/2007 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like 2 out of the 4 colors. I like matte eyeshadows - they're more flattering on a 40 something woman. Clinique's also don't have any fragrance and go on smoothly - very important. These are pretty neutral taupe/brown colors. I would repurchase as a duo or single but this quad was relatively inexpensive compared to other dept sore brands. Compact is pretty.

on 9/21/2007 12:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just applied this and its very pretty...daytime type shadow. The lightest beige color barely shows up but its nice as a base.
This shadow is nicely packaged and the brush/applicator is worthwhile for sure. The medium brown is perfect for the crease and the darkest brown color is nice for eyeliner. No sparkle is any of these shadows which is perfect for me. I would buy this again.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

The packaging is quite lovely, and the brushes are actually good quality ones (the only challenging this about them is their, ofcourse, super short handles).

The lightest color is a creamy white on the pinkier side. The second is a very natural medium brown which I sometimes use to contour my nose. The third is kindda like a mocha brown...I don't know really how to describe it, but I use it to wash out any color whenever I've over applied a darker brown because it is almost "skin" color to me. The last is a very dark brown that I use on my outer V when I have a smoky brown eye on, and it makes an excellent brown liner when used with a wet applicator.

Generally, I find the colors very beautiful and they come in handy a lot and good for creating a smoky brown eye. I do wish the lighter colors came in bigger sizes, instead of them all being the same size.

I don't think I'll repurchase again, I guess there are other prettier browns out there...

on 12/29/2006 12:07:00 PM

I think this is a wonderful muted quad of nice warm Teddy Bear-like colors. If you are looking for an unfussy blingless look for work (or to just have your eye color be the focal point) this is great. There is absolutely no shimmer or sparkle in these shadows - all four shades are completely matte. I think it makes my blue eyes pop. The first shade in the quad is a little too light and doesn't show up very well (which is why I took off a lippie) on my PPP complexion but the other 3 are wonderful. The pigmentation is just right for me. Not too much but enough for great coverage. The colors stayed true on my lids, i.e. they look exactly as they do in the pans. Personally, I love Cliniques shadows for that very reason (what you see is what you get, at least on me). I have a ton of neutral browns and creams but this combo is terrific for a no-fail, non pretentious look where the color of the eyes gets the recognition, not the shadows themselves.

I really like this quad -- great, flattering neutrals. While there's nothing exciting about these colors, it's a perfect palate for work. Teddy Bear looks polished and professional. I have no compliants with the application or wear of this product: I find it easy to work with and long-lasting.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have ppp (lighter then mac nw15) skintone. I chose the Teddy Bear quad because its very hard to find matte neutral shadows. Most include either a sparkly highlighter or midtone and I prefer a natural look so I like mattes. The colors themselves are wonderful, they include a very light white/beige, neutral light tan, medium light ash brown & a more chocol,ate medium-darker brown. Beautiful for all skintypes except these are not good quality. Unlike the reviewer below me who said they were too pigmented and dark I have to totally disagree, my fault with this quad and other clinique shadows in the matte formula is that they are not pigmented enough. I have fair skin so its very easy to cover yet I had to use several applications to achieve the color I wanted. The packaging is VERY CUTE. Its a clear & mirrored compact. The top outer part is a mirror and so is the inner part I love mirros in my compacts. It includes one double sided eyeshadow applicator and one small shadow brush which is also poor quality but hey at least they include a brush! Right now there is a milani quad out similar to this but it has sparkles and the quality was much higher then this. Great price around $25 for 4 shadows & a mirror just not pigmented enough for me to want to keep and I have the palest skin so I dont see how this will work on darker skins. The texture of the shadow is very soft and good for sensitive eyes just not strong enough & even with layering it does not produce the color & look I want. The clinique spicey quad with the shimmery browns/tans & pinky/bronze IS very pigmented for those of you wondering but this shadow quad sucks.

on 3/19/2006 7:30:00 AM

I really wanted to like these eyeshadows. I decided to check them out after hearing a lot of positives about them, and fell in love with the Teddy Bear set. However, upon trying the eyeshadows myself, I found them to go on choppily and heavily. I have used every application technique I know, trying everything from applying foundation and powder as an eyelid base to using various application tools (different eyeshadow brushes, sponge tips, the included applicators, even Q Tips that almost never work to apply makeup anyway). My conclusion is that this is simply a bad, overpriced product. The only reason that it didn't get the worst rating from me is that the eyeshadows don't seem to crease and do have a lot of staying power, too much, in fact, so that it makes blending a stripy nightmare. This could possibly work for someone with darker skin that needs heavily pignmented eyeshadows to get any color to show up, but on my fair skin the deep pigments and rough blending are obvious. Sigh... I will be returning this for a refund and looking for sheerer eyeshadows. UPDATE: DO NOT BUY COSMETICS FROM ROBINSONS MAY. Robisons May has recently changed its returns policy and will not refund or exchange opened or used cosmetics. The salesperson did not mention this change at the time I purchased this product and the store has refused to respond to my written request for a refund. I now must return this product through Clinique.