CLINIQUE All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

CLINIQUE All About Shadow Quad - Teddy Bear

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

One of the joys of doing a no buy means that you rediscover old favourites and realise you don't really need things like the Naked Palette! Ok, so all these colours are Matte but I think they are a perfect go to for a natural or neutral look. They could possibly be built into a more dramatic look but I prefer to do more with my lips!

Four very blendable browns. All matte - good for me because shimmery eyeshadows eventually irrititate my eyes. I sometimes just wear one shade by itself. I find all the shades very flattering to my blue eyes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Loved the colors and the Clinique saleswoman put it on me so it looked really pretty, but it was hard to replicate at home, even though she showed me how. It's great for an everyday look, and I'll perfect the application eventually. For now, it takes too long to get right, so it's not worth it to apply in the mornings. Overall, I actually love this palette and would buy it again.

on 2/8/2011 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I bought this product when trying to create a more age appropriate and "normal" makeup look, and i read that matte neutral shadows were better on older women like me.
The compact is fine. And i had no problem with color payoff. Each of the four taupes and browns showed up just fine. But these matte brown eye shadows were far from flattering on me. The matte powder made my eyes looked aged, deeply creased, and mummified. The colors on me looked dull and muddy and accented every line and wrinkle.
I have decided that i like a little more shimmer and a bit more color to make my eyes look brighter. Teddy Bear won't get any cuddles from me.

on 12/28/2010 9:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I gave this product a 3 because the colors just seem "off" to me. The brown is too harsh and the highlighter shade is too bright. i think I just dont like how the four colors go together. Maybe another palette would be better for me. The pigmentation is pretty good tho. For packaging I gave it a 4 because the brushes they give you are useless!!! You can barely hold them let a one use them. I dont think I would buy this again unless I found better color combinations.

EDIT: I have pulled this palette back out and have been using it every day! I think once I started really using my revlon CS and have a better canvas the colors seem to look better. I have also been using the other brown in the palette and it is much better. Changed it to a 4!

on 1/26/2010 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought this, despite the reviews being so-so (mostly). I'm glad I did! I have Clinique's Color Surge Trio in Come Heather, Quad in Pink Chocolate, and Duo in Buttered Pecan. I love them all. The colors are creamy, pigmented, natural, and long lasting. I go to Clinique when I don't want to wear something over the top. (I have UD, MAC, and MUFE for that!) The colors are always so *perfect* for that beautiful, wearable, more natural or muted day look or for a more formal evening look. Ok, on to Teddy Bear. What are you expecting buying a palette of nudes? Is a color that is close to your eyelid color going to POP BOOM POW!? No. It's not. This palette for a neutral, naked, matte eye. And it does a great job at being that, and for a fraction of the price of some other great nude mattes (NARS duo, Cargo quad). Let me repeat something: This is great for a NAKED eye. Not for a pop of color. I'm not sure what other muaers were expecting when they bought this. It is very pigmented for a naked palette too... Hey, if I said MAC's Paint Pot in Painterly wasn't pigmented, I'd get ripped a new one. Fortunately, I won't say that because I can see that it's just NUDE and blends in naturally with my skin. (But it's very pigmented! I love it!) I love this palette just as much! Click continued for a photo! :) And that's a crappy cell phone pic of me in my car; the pigment showed that much in a cell pic. This is PIGMENTED! (I had to blot the brush when using the darker shade to keep in more neutral. I feel like I could have got smokier if I wanted to.)

Full Size Image

on 9/19/2009 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like matte shadows, but the colors in this palette are flat and boring and not nearly pigmented enough for my taste. The quad makes it easy to pull off a natural contoured look, but I find the payoff entirely unworthy of the effort. Pass.

on 5/24/2009 12:38:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Most of the reviews I read on this were poor and well, I got it anyway, and I am glad I did because they mostly lie! Yes, you have to have the sand to wear matte. I got the quad for $25 dollars at sephora not on sale, which IMO is quite cheap. Depending on personal method I can see using 1 to all of the colors at any given time. They blend perfectly for me, it could be different for me because I use actual makeup brushes, not the ones in the set (never tried), but with my MAC eye brushes they blend quite well. I have not checked out in daylight yet, but they do not seem to go orange or warm on me, which is the problem I have with most neutrals. I am NC 15ish (technically 17) and thus far in very bright bathroom it looks fine.

Daylight results have come back and well.. looks fine..

on 2/25/2009 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I admit being a fan of Clinique's eye shadows: they're texture and staying power is perfect for my requirements. I wanted a neutral brown eyeshadow for daytime use, and went for "Teddy Bear". I've ended up using just the first two shades in the quad, nude and light brown. They provide a lovely natural look. I don't think I've ever used the beige one, and the darkest brown only a few times. I will most likely purchase just a duo of brownish eyeshadows next.

I bought this product because I wanted to buy matte eye shadow palette and this seemed to be the best choice(most of the palettes of the other brands had shimmer in them). Colors fit me good, they don't disappear quick, but it is so hard to blend them... I've just began to use this palette and now I'm beginning to search something another.

on 5/24/2008 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT:
This is a Clinique quad that retails for $25 on Sephora. It comes in a package with a silver top part and a little brush. I bought it hoping to convince myself to wear matte shades.
DESCRIPTION OF ME:
I am an NC10-15 with red hair, freckles, and brown eyes. I have dry skin and am almost 35.
OVERALL IMPRESSION:
As much as I wanted to love this quad, I just can't seem to. I think it is because it's matte. I have no creasing around my eye area, and I think I still look best with a SMALL amount of shimmer (no glitter or sparkles, just not a flat matte look). I prefer the look of some of the BB shimmerwashes for this effect. This shadow was find, and non-objectionable, a perfect day look for the office with nice neutrals, just not right for me. I felt a bit drab and curmudgeonly wearing it, like I should put on a thick grandpa sweater, tweed pants, and sip tea while yelling at small children playing in the neighborhood. Just not my look, but a fantastic choice for anyone looking for a neutral work quad. continued >>