MAC Cosmetics Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Filtered by age: 19-24

3.4

Alright, so to start off I'd like to say that before you go rushing out to buy this you need to get a sample of it. I'm no expert so I have no idea what the issue is, but for some people this is an excellent foundation, for others it's the worst. My friend and I bought this at the same time but while I love it, it broke her out really badly and she returned it almost immediately after purchasing.

However, if you're like me then this stuff is awesome. I use NW15, my skin is not smooth at all and is both super oily and super dry, so finding a good foundation that actually stays on and looks good for more than 3/4 hours has been an awful struggle. It took me a while to learn that no matter how highly rated a product is, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you (here's looking at you NARS).

I apply this (after moisturising and priming of course) very lightly, and get light to medium coverage. It lasts all day for me without getting flaky or gross, and my skin has yet to break out because of it. I think the price is pretty good for a foundation that actually works and stays on, but the lack of a pump does frustrate me. I will be re-purchasing unless I somehow fall face first into a better foundation and at the moment this is actually my HG (I know it's a big call but it just loves my skin!!).

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I love this foundation. I have been using it for 2 years now and it suits my skin perfectly. I have the craziest skin: it's super dry and it's super oily but this foundation balances my skin out. It gives great coverage and it is quite thick but I love a good coverage. It isn't the lightest foundation but I haven't had any trouble with it. It is a bit on the more expensive side but it's not outrageous so I think it is a worthy purchase and definitely worth the money. It doesn't come with a pump which is annoying. I have been getting on great for the past 2 years without one but I finally succumbed last week and bought one :P I use the real techniques expert face brush and it gives a lovely glowing matte finish. I use NW20 which is slightly darker than my natural skin colour but I like to look a bit darker.

I've been on the lookout for a good foundation for years. I have incredibly light skin with pink undertones, which makes foundation searching difficult. A lot of people I followed on Tumblr with a similarly pale complexion like myself swore by this product, so I decided to give it a try. I used the NC15 shade, which is the lightest they make, and it's the best foundation I've used so far. It's pale without making me look ill, yet it doesn't leave an orange-y residue that most 'fair' foundations do. The texture of it felt good on my slightly dry skin, and it never looked caked on. The only downside is that since I'm a student on a budget, I have to regulate how often I use this product. If I could, I'd use it every day, because it would make me look radiant! I just felt like it ran out pretty soon, even though I don't use a crazy amount. I can't complain too much for the price because you definitely get quality with this product, but it's still not ideal for me when I get tempted with foundation that are less than half price. I will definitely buy more when I've got the money though, it's a product I can trust and rely on.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

holy grail foundation, always my go to. im in nw 13 which is my perfect match. so many shades available and for me it applies as a medium foundation. dont like applying another layer tho as it can get cakey. wish it came with a pump though. its pricey but cmon guys its MAC and you'repaying for the brand name. Already gone thru like 6 bottles and each bottle lasts me about 2-3 months.

buy a pump. I love this HgH HG for me, makes me look perfect FULL coverage and looks great in pictures. I can't live with out this out sucks that it's like 40usd. not cakey stays on forever. I use a beauty blender, AND DON'T SMEAR IT IN CIRCULAR MOTIONS. patting is key. add me on fb chanel luxe or instagram missalmita55 for looks.

I have REALLY pale skin and this foundation was the first one to match my skin. Really happy about that. Also it has pretty good coverage. It has kinda chemical smell but once it's applied the smell goes away. A down side is that this foundation is expensive and doesn't have a pump :( but overall, I would buy it again.

Sure, this foundation may be costly, but holy cow are the results amazing! And if you think about it, why continue to waste money on countless drugstore foundations that you are just not ever satisfied with? If you want to reap the benefits of this foundation you MUST prep your skin. Exfoliate and moisturize to prevent the cakey look many people get as a result of poor preparation. If you are someone with dry skin this may not be for you, but if you exfoliate and moisturize, and take care of your skin you should give it a try. I'm glad I did. One more thing, it does have a paint sort of smell and I am usually sensitive to scents similar to this but it was not an issue after applying. A little product goes a long way!!! Good luck beauties 😘

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I use this for my everyday use.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This foundation is amazing! If you like a matte, full-coverage foundation then Studio Fix Fluid is definitely one to try. It has the same smooth, long lasting flawless appearance of Estée Lauder double wear but is less cakey and drying. I also found the colour less orangey and more neutral but that's just preference. It costs £21.50 which I think is very reasonable for a high quality product, compared to my other foundations like Laura Mercier silk creme, Estée Lauder double wear and Nars Sheer glow (which are all £30-£34). Unfortunately the pump is bought separately at £4 but I would definitely recommend buying that as it's a one off purchase that can be transferred to every new bottle. A gorgeous, all-day flawless foundation that will last all day. Definite repurchase and my new holy grail!

Even though this foundation is not the best for my skin, Mac doesn't fail to be The foundation I always fall back on. It matches my skin tone perfectly and it gives amazing coverage and a great finish. Other foundations just haven't been able to beat it. Definitely HG!