Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

3.7

Phaseolus angularis seed powder, hydrogenated soybean oil, jojoba esters, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, sodium chloride, sodium sulfate, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin

on 4/13/2007 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is too harsh, too expensive, the packaging sucks. I tried to give this a second chance yesterday only to find out it smelled horrible maybe some fungus grew, ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.
Status: the most expensive and useless of all scrubs I've tried.

on 3/15/2007 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

THE BEST EXFOLIATOR EVER!!! I WILL USE THIS FOREVER AND EVER. ONLY CAVEAT IS THE PRICE - BUT THIS WILL PROBABLY LAST 1.5-2 YEARS! YES -YEARS!

on 3/13/2007 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

While these grains are great at gentle exfoliation, I find them somewhat annoying to use. It took me forever to figure out that I should put the face wash in my hand FIRST before trying to put the grains in my hand (otherwise the grains fall out of your hand while you're opening the face wash, etc.). Also, the grains are difficult to wash completely off of your face and out of your hair. UPDATE: I found the best cleanser to use this with is Burt's Bee's Orange Essence Facial Cleanser. It's oil-based, so you get more exfoliating action, and the beads stay where you put them.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

You'd be better off taking and slightly dissolving an Aspirin, and mixing it with your cleanser. Those grains are very abrasive for the (facial)skin, and hard to rinse out. Even after rinsing, and toning, I STILL find stray grains on my face. Please save your money!! I wish I did!!!

UPDATE:
I have since gone to Whole Foods Market and bought a pound for $1.49. I put it in a blender and got it as fine of consistency as I could. I then laced a colander with twice-folded cheese cloth and then pour the powder from the blender on to the cheesecloth, and then patted over it gently and the finest powder is sifted! i got mine nearly to the consistency of baby powder!!

on 2/17/2007 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The reason I decided to purchase this product is because I'm breastfeeding which means I can't use the aspirin mask.Since I wasn't ready to try new products that might break my skin out, I decided to try this one because it only contains grains that you add to your own product or just water. I actually really like this. I like everything about it. The glass bottle is pretty and you get alot of product. Although it is rather expensive, it will last a long time.

What I also like is that my face felt very smooth afterwards and I knew it was because the grains had actually taken off dead skin versus a scrub that is cream or oil based which leaves a film on your skin which can make it appear smoother.

I will update after a month of repeated use.

Update: this has the potential to really scratch your skin so use very carefully. Also, I have found similar results just using a baby washcloth to exfoliate everyday.

I love this product. You can add it to any cleanser and make an instant scrub to your liking. I also love to use it with just a tad of water and exfoliate more vigorously. The jar has lasted me forever but I recently discovered that I can make this myself for mere pennies. The main ingredient in this is ground adzuki beans. Off I went to the health food store and bought a one pound bag of adzuki beans for about $3. I put a handful into my Krups fast touch coffee grinder and after a few seconds, I had created Bobbi Browns buffing grains for a few cents. The retail price of these buffing grains is $40 for one ounce. I can make an entire pound of them for about $3. Will I repurchase?? Absolutely not but technically this is an excellent product and that is why I have given it such a high ranking.

on 1/5/2007 4:55:00 PM

I have used this for almost a year in combination with BB Extra Balm Rinse. I use it every 8 days, and mix a small amount of the grains in with the Balm Rinse, which makes for a very luxurious scrub! My skin is so soft and radiant after using this combo-- there is a noticeable difference when I go to put my makeup on! I took off one lippie for the packaging, price, and mess factor-- it spills a little no matter what you do (probably just the virtue of it being little grains, and me being picky/neat freakish), the glass bottle makes me nervous in a bathroom, and it is quite expensive for what it is. Yet, it works very well, so I will suck up the minor flaws to have smoother, glowing skin!

on 12/13/2006 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is a very good exfoliant without damaging your skin surface. I got a sample of this from bobbi SA and she gave me a lot of it....and i think i can use this for few weeks. It makes me feel refreshed and trust me you only need to wet your finger and dip it into the jar and that's all you need to really exfoliate. very nice product!

on 10/12/2006 12:16:00 AM

Alright this isn't exactly a review, but does no one recall the identical product The Body Shop had in the 1990s, 'Japanese Washing Grains' consisting of Azuki/Adzuki beans? A similarly sized albeit unnattractive container, was roughly $8 CDN not nearly $50.....

on 9/10/2006 3:19:00 PM

Love this stuff, I have very problematic skin and the only skin care that works is Paula's Choice and since she dosen't make a scrub because she thinks it is not good for skin, i still like one since i need to exfoliate and exfoliate, this is perfect to add to my cleanser and i'm not using stuff that will upset my skin that contains oils or fragrance. I also like the concept of controling how much scrub grains are being used, it is a little pricey but the bottle does last long so its worth it. LOVE..LOVE...LOVE THIS STUFF I just wish it was in a plastic jar so if it does drop it won't break like the glass will especially on tile bathroom floors like most of us all have.