Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

Bobbi Brown Buffing Grains For Face Adzuki Bean Powder

3.7

Phaseolus angularis seed powder, hydrogenated soybean oil, jojoba esters, sodium lauryl sulfoacetate, sodium chloride, sodium sulfate, potassium sorbate, chlorphenesin

on 3/7/2008 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

I had 4 sample packets of this and loved this mixed with my cleansers as it really did help give me a smoother appearance. I just couldn't justify spending $40 for this, when I had found a fantastic dupe of this I found at Walgreens for half the price. I love the product, just not the price.

I absolutely love this product! It's the best exfoliant I've ever used. It's great because I can add as little or as much as I want to my cleanser (Dior Rinse-Off Cleansing Foam), for my desired exfoliant effect. It really helps get off the dead skin, and the japanese adzuki bean powder helps increase skin cell turnover rate. The only thing I think Bobbi needs to improve on is the packaging quality. It's in a glass jar, which I'm always afraid I'm going to drop and break, and I don't like traveling with it. Also, I keep mine in the shower, but with the lid on as tight as I can get it. If any water seeps in, the grains become clumpy and it's harder to get the product out.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

The adzuki bean powder is Bobbi Brown's version of microdermabrasion on a more natural level. I really like these and have purchased about three bottles. I have to be careful and use a gentle hand with these as they can get sensitive skin like mine pretty revved up. My favorite way to use this product is to mix them with her EXTRA Balm Rinse. Still, I am somewhat on the fence even with all the praise. I cannot imagine them NOT exfoliating as rough as they are but at the same time I have never really noticed a big difference. I say I would repurchase but on fence about that too.Lovely product but not sure it is doing me any good.

on 1/6/2008 11:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I got this in a little sample packette, and so far I've gotten 2 uses out of it--I expect there will be at least 5 because of the little amount you actually need to use. I really really love this item! I poured my packette into an empty BB bottle and just adding a tiny amount to your regular cleanser gives wonderful exfoliation! Well worth it. Definitely would buy full size.
ADDITION: 1/9/08: I got 7 uses out of this little packette!
Also, thank you to the user below who mentions "Japanese Cleansing Grains" from the Soap Opera--it is EXACTLY THS SAME as BB's grains, but for a much better price. Instead of $40+ for .99 oz I got 4 oz for $5+. Now that is significant I think.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I got a sample of this product with an online order. It is an ok scrub product with no scent that I noticed, but might be too rough for someone with sensitive skin, and it seems like it would definitely irritate any blemishes. I mixed it with Cetaphil, and it did add a bit of exfoliating oomph to the Cetaphil, which was an interesting experiment that I enjoyed. I didn't have any difficulty in washing away all the grains when I was done exfoliating. You might be able to control the degree of exfoliation by adding more or less of the product. The only thing I really like about this is how you can add it to whatever cleanser you desire in whatever amount you desire. Otherwise, it seems like an overpriced waste of money. Surely you could find something similar to add to the cleanser of your choice that wouldn't come with a $40 price tag for .99oz of product. If I had shelled out that kind of money to try this product, I might be tempted to try harder to be really excited about it, just so I wouldn't feel like I wasted so much money. As it is, I'm lucky I got a sample, and I wouldn't purchase the full size product.

on 11/5/2007 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

As many others have said, this is definitely not something someone w/sensitive skin could use daily, but I mix with a cream cleanser once a week for a good exfoliation. However......$40 for an ounce?! WHY??? I've been getting the same thing at The Soap Opera for eons and it's $3.95 for 2 ounces. There you can get different sizes too.. I actually get the 8 ounce bottle for $11.95 and it's the same freakin thing as Bobbi Brown's!! I love Bobbi Brown's cosmetics but this is a total rip off. That's why I only gave it two stars. The product is fine but the price is highway robbery. Go to thesoapopera.com and search "Japanese Cleansing Grains" if you like this product but hate the price tag. The Soap Opera is an awesome store!

on 10/18/2007 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I would buy this again but a small amount goes so far that I don't know that I will ever run out. I have rosacea and can't usually use a scrub on my face because it is too irritating. I mix a dime size amount of this with my cleanser and buff my face a couple of times a week in the shower. My face feels extra clean and fresh afterwards but there is no redness. As long as this product is available I will never feel the need to try another scrub.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Not a terrible product, but it was just a little too harsh for my skin. I tried adjusting the amounts and pressure each time I would use it, but each time it was irritating. I prefer a product such as Kiehl's Micro Dermabrasion since the particles are a bit smaller, but I still feel that it exfoliates just as well.

on 10/8/2007 8:03:00 AM

I didn't buy this product in the first place but got a small sample sachet. It was about the size of your regular skincare sample and I have been using it at least once a week for about two months now and am still not running out of product. So I assume the little glas jar will probably last a year or longer even. For that time, it is not even THAT expensive. Even though I am generally a fan of the idea of mixing buffiing grains into your own facial cleanser, in the end, it isn't worth the price tag. First of all, this is NOT suitable for sensitive skin. sensitive skin is better served with rounded articficially mad micro beads. The powder is coarse and is for a rough superficial exfoliation rather than delicate deep one. My skin feels soft but not as soft as with finer buffing grains in my other facial exfoliators. And waht sounds nice in theory (making your cleanser a custom exfoliant), in reality... it doesn't work THAT great. Example: when I take my MU off at night, I use the new L'Oreal Demaq Elixir. It is a silicone formula. In theory, I am supposed to add these grains to the wash, but if I did that, I could not use my cleanser on my eye area. If I apply th cleanser first, and add the grains later, I massage all the dirt I have just taken OFF my skin back INTO it. If I use my cleanser, then rinse, the use my cleanser plus the grains... what the heck do I win, time- and convenience wise? I take one lippy off because of that and how coarse it is. This is not a product any woman desperately needs in her bathromm cabinet.

Well, I like the concept of the buffing grains, but after using it just three times, I've had irritated skin and a few small breakouts. Am I using too much?? Should I keep trying to use it by experimenting w/amount?