SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

SHISEIDO Majolica Majorca Lash Expander
Majolica Majorca Lash Expander

4.3

11-12 Isoparaffin, Dextrin Palmitate, Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, CI 77449, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Microcrystalline Wax, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Water, Sucrose Tetrastearate, PEG-20 Hydrogenated Castor Oil Triisostearate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dextrin Palmitate/Ethylhexanoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Trimethylsiloxysilylcarbamoyl Pullulan, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Tocopherol.

on 1/17/2009 3:32:00 AM

I'm reading through some of the negative reviews on here, and I wonder if those reviewers know HOW this mascara is supposed to be used. I got this from Japan and you're supposed to use it AFTER you apply on your regular mascara. The user is supposed to apply it at the tips of the lashes, brushing it outwards multiple times until a desired length is accomplished. It's a lengthener; you're not supposed to use it alone on your bare lashes. I know this because I read various Japanese beauty/fashion magazines and a lot of them feature this mascara.

Now onto the review, I would definitely purchase this again. It is in the same category as the Fiberwig mascaras and Givenchy Phenomenon Eyes mascaras, where the liquid is rubbery and you brush and brush until you get the length you like. Except for this mascara, it's supposed to be used only at the tips after you apply your regular mascara.

on 1/14/2009 10:27:00 AM

The best mascara I've ever tried! And I liked it a lot! It lengthens and holds up curls for the whole day! Seriously! On the down side, it's very hard to remove as it is super waterproof. But I don't really mind. :) So 5/5! Recommended!

on 12/14/2008 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product. It really holds my curl all day long and as they say, it lengthen my lash beautifully. But the waterproof solution makes it hard to clean up.

on 12/12/2008 12:09:00 AM

I love this mascara. Its budgeproof which I love. I've cried with it on, went swimming with it on, etc & my mascara was perfect. I use a small dab of vaseline & it comes right off. My eyelashes look nice and long without looking fake.

on 12/7/2008 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

this mascara is really hard to remove,and it last through the night and even after i shower!!!!it doesn't really create length and thickness, it's just an OK product for me.did not really create the look that i wanted

on 12/5/2008 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

overall, i think it's pretty good for
lengthing your eyelashes and all,
it is waterproof and doesn't smudge,
which is good. it stays on when
im showering, or swimming, etc.
the brush is okay, it's more of
like a "comb". i'm fine with it i guess.
BUT, the one thing i don't like about it,
is that it is very hard to remove.
(well in my opinion)
and it makes a few eyelashes
fall off sometimes (not A LOT though)
wellwell, it's average, actually
ABOVE average. i find it better than
the cover girl lash blast.

This product is overrated.

Yes, it holds curls really, really well.
And yes, it doesn't even smudge at all.

But it don't really add THAT much length and volume to my lashes. And the brush applicator pretty much sucks and clumps my lashes if I'm not careful. I have use other better mascara out there but this one for a drug store price is worth its value, I guess.

However, what I like about this product is that it gives a very glossy black. I have tried a lot of other drug store brand like Loeal , maybelline, fasio but none of them gave this type of glossy black.

I will probably buy this product again as this is quite cheap and convenient for me to buy but no, it's not that impressive.

on 11/17/2008 9:52:00 AM

THE BEST BEST BEST!!
MY HG MASCARA-
I have tried them all- nothing compares w/ shiseido majolica majorca
paired w/ shiseido mascara base-- you get the longest & flattering lashes!!

I LOVE how this makes my lashes look. The mascara is so smooth and dark, it almost makes my lashes look like false ones! Well, more natural false ones. It holds a curl wonderfully, as do all Japanese mascaras do. I have to say that this mascara is pretty good at lengthening but not huge on volumizing, so if you're looking for a volumizing mascara, this might disappoint you. The comb applicator does take a bit of getting used to and if you get this mascara on your lids, it's near impossible to get off. I actually have no problems removing this mascara because I use Heroine Make mascara remover but I imagine that it would be hard to remove with normal eye makeup remover. I suggest coating lashes with Vaseline, letting it soak for a few minutes, then using makeup remover to take this stuff off. Other tips I have about this mascara is to warm the tube up for 2-3 mins while swirling the wand inside the tube before applying. This allows the wax to melt so it can stretch out on your lashes. (Well, these aren't really my tips, they're the package's tips, LoL.)

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have very mixed feelings about this product. It gives me amazing lengths, but seriously, the applicator sucks. If I don't wipe the excess off the comb before applying, I have to take a lash comb to clean the excess off afterwards. If I do neither, I have these thick clumpy lashes. Stays put all day, even on hot days, and doesn't smudge (I wear it with the Shiseido Mascara Base or Missha's Mascara Base - works great with both) - but it's a serious pain to take off. It's better than most mascaras I've used, despite being so complicated in its application - so I might buy it again ($15 on Ebay)