MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Steamy

MAC Cosmetics Eye Shadow - Steamy

4.5

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i was looking for a peacock colour when i purchased 'steamy'. i thought the colour pay off would be better unfortunately. i wear this very rarely & its definitely not a colour i could live without. its a great colour but just not for me.

on 7/27/2010 6:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this color.It is very pigmented,beautiful when paired with pinks and grey.I wouldnt buy it if it was simply blue,but it has green inside and this made me to buy,it is soo beautiful,shows up really nice on hazel eyes.I would buy again once I ran out,but it is not everyday color,so hopefully will last me for very long time.:)))

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

The more I play with this color the more I am enjoying it. I have paired it with bronzes, purples, gold, lime tones, and black. I like that it seems to have a different effect with each combination. I am confused how some found this shade to be lacking in pigment?? Mine is very smooth and pigmented. It is a bit high on the shimmer side (FROST) but is NOT over the top shimmer. I like the gold tone it has when blended. It is true to how it apears in the pan when used on it's own. However over time I have found many similar colors that were less in cost. While I would definitely repurchase this shade I may opt for a less expensive alternative.

on 5/23/2010 6:38:00 PM

I grew tired of the shade. I doesn't work so well with my eyes. It doesn't stay so well with primer. Looks awkward on me sometimes.

on 5/10/2010 12:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a pretty teal color. My Mac metal-x verdigris shadow is the exact same color when it's blended out. This color reminds me of the ocean :)

I find this shadow is poorly pigmented or something though. I find it hard to blend, and it is not as opaque as some other shadows I have. I think this is the frost texture though more than the actual shadow though- I just can't stand frosts! I would give this shadow a higher rating if it didn't have the frost-sparkle texture. On my eyes, the frosty shimmer always overcompetes with my eye color and looks too heavy on my eyes.I can't wear this as an all over lid color. It just looks too heavy. But on my outerlid crease it looks pretty with a brighter color like Bitter in the inner corner.I think it would look nice with a light brown matte all over the lid and Steamy in the crease too; I'm going to try that next.
To me, the texture really takes away from the wearability of this shadow, otherwise I'd give it 4 stars.

on 4/29/2010 1:51:00 PM

I don't understand it. MAC e/s has never ever broke in the pan before and this is the first. Maybe because of the Frost finish?

I love the color- it is very similar to Aquadisac but a bit frosty and has a gold sheen to it. It's nice but an average color for me. Maybe because it shattered in the pan. But yes, I would buy if I run out. Nice color to have in your collection.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Beautiful teal color with gold reflect. I love wearing this with MAC Club along with other gold tones or lighter blue/green shades. this color really makes brown eyes pop. I was hesitant on purchasing this color but read rave reviews about it. Definitely a must have MAC eyeshadow.

on 4/22/2010 4:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

A lovely turquoise colour with a lovely shimmer, pigmentation and texture. A personal favourite, definitely!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

One of the all-time best MAC eyeshadows. The perfect green-blue. It has the perfect amount of shimmer and great pigmentation. It somehow works with almost everything!

This was my first eyeshadow from MAC. Whenever I walked into the MAC store, this was the only thing I could set my eyes on. I love blue shadows in every color possible so this had to be my first buy. I love this color so much. It's a bluish green and is perfect for a going out look. I use it on the lid and even sometimes for eyeliner. It's a great statement color and if used the right way can bring out the color of green or blue eyes. Will always repurchase <3.