Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.1

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

What can I say, it does what it says. I have very acne-prone skin and this stuff seems to suck up the excess oils my face produces. I have tried using plain water and also apple cider vinegar (ACV) and both work equally well, although the ACV tends to sting a bit more on me since I use glycolic acid based products from time to time. I mixed some Neem powder and also some other Indian skin powder to make a herbal clay mask, with the ACV. My goodness it was strong, next time I will dilute the ACV with some water. But after 18 hours my face feels firmer. It was a beast to rinse off so I did it in the shower. Some of the active acne seemed to calmed down a bit so I will use this mix like twice a week.

Best mask ever. I am so impressed with the versatility, strength, and effectiveness of this product. I first wrote it off because I tried it with water. Don't use water! It will just turn into sticky lumpy mud. When I used ACV, it turned into a foamy mousse. However, that mixture dried me out a bit too much. I have found the perfect recipe for my dry, sensitive, blackhead prone skin- 1 tbsp clay, 1 tbsp ACV, 1 tsp honey. This recipe will pull out blackheads, heal blemishes, improve my skintone, and not leave my skin bone dry. With the addition of honey, it is so gentle I can use it nightly. This is the most reliable skin care product I have ever used.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

So I bought this product the other day and used it last night for the first time. I mixed it with apple cider vinegar as the directions suggest to do and left it on my face for 15min. At times I felt like the mask was pulsating, like the company claims it does, and the mask became very tight on my face as it dried. I didn't see much of a difference in the blackheads on my nose, which is what I had hoped it would've got rid of, however, much to my surprise the tiny laugh line that I have had since I was 18 diminished significantly. I was not expecting that at all. My face did feel nice after I used it and I didn't experience any redness.

**UPDATE** I used this again this week and it did end up turning my face a bit red, but it disappeared in about 25-30 min. This is a really nice mask but a little annoying to mix together. I would recommend only using this product once a week unless you have very oily skin.

on 12/30/2007 12:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Read about this being a great natural and inexpensive face mask. Bought a huge container for under $5. First I mixed the clay with water which was a disaster. It was like trying to apply globs of glue onto my face. Horrible. As it was drying I started to feel the pulsating that was described on the container. It was a bit odd but I put up with it in hopes that it was sucking all the gunk out of my pores. After washing it off my face was bright red and stayed that way for about an hour. My skin though was shiny and squeaky clean looking. The next morning I could see that it had forced some clogged pores to the surface which was great. The next time I tried it I mixed in some apple cider vinegar and some honey. That was definitely the way to go. The clay mixed with the vinegar caused it to fizz and then when the honey was added it almost became a whipped, though still dense, texture. I applied it to my face and left it on for about 20 minutes. It didn't dry as quickly on the areas where it was applied a bit thicker so when I washed the mask off I didn't get the full effect of the mask. Face was red like this first time but it felt more moisturized due to the honey I suspect. I'm a fan of the Queen Helene Julep mask but I like this alot better since it's just the clay without added ingredients, except of course the water and the vinegar and honey if you want. This isn't a great fancy item but it does it's job very well and the price and amount you get is great. Don't need another mask besides this one. Will keep purchasing this. Great item.

on 6/1/2007 1:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

this I think would be better to mix with more mild clays, especially if you have sensitive skin like mine. I used this full strength 2x and every time it HURT. now like "oh it stung a bit"; it freakin' HURT. once it started to dry and contract all I felt was pain, and trying to get it off my face only increased said pain. my skin was red and rashy. not pleasent. now maybe if you were to add a bit to QHMJM or something it would be okay, but on it's own. no way. at least for me.

on 2/2/2007 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff. I have combo skin and over the past year, horrible breakouts. This is the first thing I've used that actually seems to be working. After I wash, I mix w/ apple cider vinegar to a paste consistency. Apply to face (I only apply to jawline and cheeks...forehead and nose are drier), wait 20 min and rinse off with cool water. After the redness is gone (about 30 min) I apply Differin gel. By the next morning, any blemishes are dried out. This is when I use a good moisturizer with salicylic acid. Things are starting to look better for my skin finally!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this product based on all the great reviews I read on this site. I've been using the product for three weeks, and have been very happy. I have acne prone skin, with an oily T-zone, but rosacea, too. The pores in my T-zone are very large. This mask makes my face very smooth, and actually minimizes my pores. I haven't had any breakouts since using the mask; I don't know if that's coincidence or the mask working. I use it every third day. I've tried mixing it with both water and apple cider vineager. The mask dissolves much better in the apple cider vineager, and I prefer a thin consistency, and don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes. If I let it get to the pulsating point, it's been on too long, and it leaves my face red and blotchy. UPDATE: This product has just become too drying with continued use. I've tried leaving it on for shorter durations and I can no longer tolerate it on my face.