Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.1

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 9/26/2014 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I do like this. I love the fact that it's natural. It makes my skin softer and smoother after using it. However, I usually end up getting a pimple or two after using it. I rarely break out. It's not a huge issue, it's just what I've noticed every time after using it. I'm sure it's because the mask is drawing out all the impurities which makes sense because that's what this mask is supposed to do.

That being said, I don't use this very often. I'll use it once every few months. I use acv to mix it as opposed to water because the consistency is better, IMO.

It's super cheap and the amount that you pay for will last months, so you can't go wrong there. It's nice to do every once in a while!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Alright so I gave two stars because I like to use this, makes everything feel pretty clean. But: it has not noticeably helped with me acne, AND:

I used this last night with ACV for about six hours as a spot treatment. I ended up using a good amount, more than I intended to because the zits were pretty small and I figured hey, it's all natural, only 6 hours, what's the harm?

Well. Not only did it not clear up the couple of zits, it made me skin WAY WORSE and gave me these bizarre RAISED RED SCARS that look as though my cat shredded her claws across my face. I thought that somehow I had cut myself or something, but I realized that the scars were located exclusively where the clay had been. They basically created an outline of irritated, messed up skin where the product was, it created contact dermatitis patches, and it's just awful, shows through makeup and looks super unpolished and gross.

I'm quite scared of using it again, but I might use it mildly, for 10 minutes or less. I do have very sensitive skin, so that could be why. Those with sensitive skin: BE CAREFUL, this can do some harm despite being natural.

This mask works ok, probably just not best for my skin type (normal-dry)

I swear it clogs my drains. Had to have a plumber come twice after purchasing and using this. :(

on 3/26/2014 8:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its OK
pain and makes a mess but it does feel like after like your pores appear cleaner (if that makes sense..LOL)
No redness or irritation or overdrying but i have oily thick skin
I leave on for 15-20min

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is great!

I've been using it for 6 months, twice a week.

What I do is I mix the clay with a tablespood of ACV and green tea.. This is the best combination for me since the tea is rich in antioxidants, and ACV is helping with the pH value of the skin, so I don't have problems with acne and my skin is soft and fresh... :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I used this mask from head to toe once a week as a whole body treatment. My enire body is enviably smooth to the touch. I always for this mask with a scrub.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

My secret weapon against acne! I use this with Bragg's ACV and leave it on til it dries. Can feel your face pulsing. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG for sure. This mask is incredible. It dries up acne faster than anything I've ever used, while being gentler than anything else on the market. I use it as an all-over clarifying mask at least 2x week and sometimes more if my skin needs a pick-me-up (which happens a lot in college lol). My SO tried it for the first time last night; he never breaks out but a new protein powder had given him a smattering of little zits on his forehead and between his eyebrows. He left a thin layer on overnight and was shocked to see that they were GONE in the morning. It's a great value for the money as well. It takes a little bit of trial and error to figure out how to prepare it, but I've found that I like to make a relatively large batch to last about two weeks and I just keep it in the fridge with no problems.
I highly recommend! Blows QHMJM and Glamglow out of the water!

I really enjoy this mask. Now I have dry skin and clay masks can make skin even dryer but I wouldn't give this mask up for that reason. I just make sure to moisturize well after.
I picked this up at Earth Fare and it was priced about $9 I think for 1lb. Pretty good price (I'm cheap) but I signed up for Earth Fare rewards program and when I went in they asked if I wanted to use my points (hell, yes) so I paid about $2 for it which was a steal.
First off, it says "makes 10-15 facials" well no that's not right at all. Maybe 10-15 whole body applications. I try to do this 1 or 2x a week and I use a flat foundation brush to apply a thin layer. *you do not need a heavy layer for it to work, it would just be a waste of product*.
It tightens your face better than any other mask I've tried both clay and other. I do feel the pulsing but mostly just on my nose which I assume is blood circulation.
I made my mom try this and it was hilarious, she yells from the other room "my face is vibrating!" lol. Anyways, I have applied with both water and ACV and I think the ACV works much better. My skin is sensitive and like I said, dry and ACV in the past has irritated my skin both full strength and diluted. But mixed with this it was great. It makes my face so much clearer after use and for days after. My face doesn't look as dull, tired, grey blah blah. More luminous I guess. Followed by raw shea butter as a moisturizer has really been great for my skin. I still get acne flare ups but normally only when I let myself get stressed. Out with you chemicals! It's been a long, hard road, can you tell? I will probably have this jar for a long time to come. I'm thinking about trying it in my hair for the occasional itchy scalp. Been using for about 2-3 months regularly. Remember after mask, moisture, moisture, moisture!
My Queen Helene Mint Julep mask went to my mom as I have no need for it anymore. Besides the occasional honey or yogurt mask for added moisture (mainly when the weather is cold) this is the only one I use. Even people with dry, sensitive skin can get benefits from this. My scars are less noticeable and skin tone seems more even. These are basically the only products I use and during summer now I don't wear makeup as much but as you can see I have to attribute my better skin to this mask and maybe some to the shea butter (using about a month now). Try this mask just don't plan on keeping up a conversation while it dries cause it ain't gonna happen.

Edit: 12/16/13 Still loving this mask. Still have dry skin of course but other than the occasional pimple my skin is better than ever. Never thought I could go out in public without makeup but I have and a lot of that has to do with this mask. I use it 2-3x a week. Will continue to use and purchase more when its gone but the amount for the price is fantastic.
EDIT: 4/9/14
Still using, still loving. I tried mixing this with lemon juice & it works better than acv or water on my face. Less irritating but you only need a few drops. My really bad, dark scars are almost gone. I have been using for several months so it does take time but the long haul results are worth it. I don't think I've ever used a product this long but that says something since my skin is so sensitive and continually changes. I also like to use this when I get an occasional angry blemish. I mix a tiny amount with water or lemon juice and spot treat then leave on overnight. It's a little redder than the rest of my skin but goes away about 20 min after washing off. It's less painful and less obvious I have a blemish, sometimes gone completely. Try this stuff, it's such a great investment for you skin. Haven't been brave enough to try on my scalp yet if anyone else has let me know.

on 7/22/2013 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is one of my *favouritest* products EVER. I'd use this about once or twice a week, and this clay would just clear up all the dry flakes and about 90% of my congested pores (there are always those nasty ones that only the Biore strips could help). Also, those red spots that you just *know* will be giving you acne hell in a day or two unless you do something about them, this product will definitely help you in clearing them up. And also, this product is definitely so NOT expensive!!! For under $10, you have this quantity that would last for about 9-12 months, as you'd need just a spoonful of it, which you can then just mix with regular water. Loves it. No weird flowery scents, no stinging sensations, just great, pure clay product. Super highly recommended, even for those with highly sensitive, acne-prone, easily clogged-up skin such as mine!!!