Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.1

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 1/18/2016 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have used this both with apple cider vinegar and with just water and I can honestly say this doesn't do anything for my skin except make me break out. I understand that it is designed to pull out any dirt that clogs pores but it just leaves me with redness and eventual scars from the newly formed breakouts. My friends rave about this but I will just stick with my Origins Charcoal mask.

This mask really helps tighten the skin and bring the dirt from your pores to the surface. They suggest to use it once or twice a week but i see the best results when i use it consecutively, like three days in a row. It really helps control acne and blackheads and acts as a great at home facial. I usually wash my face, use the mask, then use blackhead pore strips, apply a salicylic acne treatment and then my face lotion.

I've mixed it with just water and just apple cider vinegar and can't say i can figure out any difference except that my face will be more red after treatment when using the ACV. I stick to the ACV though because it's what it recommends. My skin can get very dry on its own so sometimes if my skin in particularly dry, i'll add some drops of castor oil or jojoba oil into the mix to get some moisture in there.

Love this product, bought it for my mom and my friend too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I'm in awe of this product. Its truly like magic. I broke out on my chin and in ONE application of this it dried up and was gone. I don't have acne anymore (I used to) but I still break out in single zits due to stress etc. Having this on hand is a secret weapon, I seriously can not ever be without it again. I wish I had this in my teens, it would have saved my life even earlier. It's important to follow the directions and I find better results when I leave it on for as long as possible. I always mix this with apple cider vinegar, which is another miracle product that everyone should own for its many uses. I have tried this mixed with water but it won't give that 'pull' feeling or dry zits out, but you could use it for other purposes. I just use the lid to pinch the amount I need and use a cap of the apple cider vinegar and apply it with my fingers. Your face will look red after use but after a few minutes it will calm down. This stuff REALLY works. If you suffer from breakouts please try this, I wish I had found it earlier!

on 8/23/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is insane!! It's like no other mask you'll use as it really draws out all the impurities and brings blood flow to the skin. I didn't love it the first couple of times but think I've worked out how to get the best out of it. My tips:

Leave it on till it's really dry, not just 'touch' dry. You will feel your face pulsating, this is a sign that the blood flow is increasing.

To take off: It's impossible to remove by peeling or rinsing so here's my tip - splash your face so the mask is soft once again. Scrape off using the blunt edge of a plastic knife or small spatula.

It says the large tub will do 10-15 masks but this is rubbish, I get a thick layer from one tsp of clay so it will last me forever.
Try it!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

makes you break out the first few times but afterwards, it works sooooo well. Especially for my super sensitive acne prone crazy skin.

on 6/19/2015 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a good mask, especially for the price. But I didn't see the awesome mind-boggling results that other reviewers claim. I used it correctly - one teaspoon of clay, one teaspoon of organic Bragg's acv, no metal bowls or mixing tools, thick 1/2 inch coating (lying on my back), 30 minutes on the face. It cleared out little clogs on my nose and cheeks, somewhat shrunk a cyst I had on my cheek, pulsed and hurt like a mother, and left my face furiously beet-red and flaky for another hour. I freaked out, and moisturized. Clean-up is messy, as others have said, I washed it off with a bowl of water in my yard. Not taking any chances with my shower drain.

I can get the same results without any irritation from my clinique acne solutions mask, or any other high-quality clay mask, for that matter. These masks are more expensive, yeah, but they usually require a smaller amount of product per use ( a thinner coating than the ridiculous 1/2 inch).

Irritation is your skin telling you to back off. I tried this on a whim, underestimating the redness that everyone was talking about, but seriously....abusing the skin in order to clean it doesn't seem worth the trouble. For everyone adding essential oils such as lavender oil because they'll be "moisturizing".... lavender oil is an irritant. Most essential oils with a definitive scent are irritants. You're just making the redness (and probably your acne) worse. Look it up.

on 5/23/2015 2:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay, can we talk about it? This stuff is a life saver AND a game changer- I don't wanna bore you with going on and on and on. I'm sure in another review you can see how it's used. But for starters, it's very difficult for me to find a "holy grail" product. Starting my senior year I suffered with skin colored bumps all over my face; clogged pores. Extremely clogged. And I had no idea how to get rid of them. Now, this will help but it's also very important to haw a good skin care regimen and be very hygienic with your makeup tools. That's a whole other story though. This stuff DOES pulsate, it is very extreme and it put GlamGlow to shame, and that's really good stuff as well. It's also soooo much cheaper! I try my hardest to use this stuff at least 3x a week. Sometimes my skin will look so good that I'll only use it once a week. It's awesome at unclogging pores, keeping your skin clean and clear, and it's also helped to lighten up some redness caused by old acne scarring. I highly highly highly recommend this!!!! 1000000+% and yes your skin will probably be red after because this mask is very intense but it's temporary, probably best you do it before bed. Also very hard to take off without a gentle wash cloth but oh so worth it!!! :-)

on 4/7/2015 8:23:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first makeupalley review I've ever written.... Before trying any new product I always consult makeupalley first. Recently I switch to a whole slew of new products (bad idea... I KNOW!)... as a result, my face broke out worse than it has ever been in my life. Thats pretttttty bad considering I've been through a round of accutane and countless other acne treatments. I decided to use this mask. I initially used it with ACV, but found it to be a little harsh. I also have tried it with diluted ACV, as well as with water. Tonight I mixed the clay powder with a little greek yogurt and honey... HOLY MOLEY! The amount of whiteheads on my forehead were dramatically diminished... The results were so exciting that I am writing this review with a big fat grin on my face! I can't believe how well this mask worked in just one use when mixed with the greek yogurt and a tiny squirt of honey... Will definitely be using this combo from now on! Seriously... try this stuff! I've tried everything and thought there was no hope for my congested forehead/T-zone. So thankful I found this stuff!

on 2/1/2015 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

The price is amazing!!! I use it once a week, really makes your skin soft and cleans out your pores. Definitely worth investing in. Got mine at whole foods.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

First impression of this was amazing ! I'm the type of person that always thinks these things are too good to be true but I always try them because I can't help myself. I mixed this as it said with ACV half and half applied to my face with my fingers and let it sit for about 25 minutes I pressed a warm washcloth on my face to loosen it up and wiped it clean and I am in shock. My face feels so clean -- my pores appear smaller and it almost looked like they were cleaned out if that makes sense black heads on my nose ? Aren't even there lol my face just feels new and firm. It does make your face pulsate lol and it did make my face red which was suppose to be normal so applied vitamin e oil after and a moisturizer so far I'm impressed will be back for long term effects of this lol. My Skin -- flakey dry & oily in some places -- acne prone and sensitive to fragrance just for info