Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/3/2009 6:32:00 PM

I love this stuff! I never understood the hype about other clay masks (QH Mint Julep, etc) because they never seemed to work for me. Yeah, they felt cool and tingly going on, but I never saw any kind of difference in my skin. So I supposed I just persisted at it because "it worked for everyone else." Well, in comes this mask. And now I know how clay masks are really supposed to behave and why people love them so much.It's a huge and cheap ($5 at Whole Foods) tub and in essence, it works. It pulsates, stiffens up my face something awful, and yes it does turn you red after you take it off. But that's okay (do it at night and no one will see you and you'll wake up with glowing skin too). I get teeny (but annoying) blackheads and clogged pores on my nose and this gets rid of them. No other way to put it. I put this on whenever my skin feels congested (about 1-2x a week) and just when my skin is due for its weekly cleaning. I will mention though: do NOT let it sit on your face for too long. Anywhere from 10-20 minutes is probably the max it should go. I've left it on for over an hour, and I felt it was more effective after I washed it off after 15min. You may purge a little bit, but it's not a bad thing. In fact, it brings all my pimples to a head so they can be extracted or healed. I think pimples heal faster when they're drained (and then slathered with antibiotic or antiseptic ointment) anyways.

My HG facial mask. I was recommended this mask by another user and I'm totally in love with this stuff. At first I was really scared my skin would be too sensitive for this mask, but it works amazingly well with my skin! I've been using it every other day for almost two weeks and my face is seriously flawless even my mom and sister commented my skin looks better. O.O The mask got all the gunk out of the pores around my nose. I've found that when I use a thin layer on my face the mask works a lot better.

Love this clay. The package states that you can make 20-30 clay masks from the 2lb. tub but I think you can definitely make more than that. I only need around 1 1/2 tbsp. of powder to make a thick mask. I mix my clay with Organic Apple Cider Vinegar from Trader Joe's. I hate the smell of vinegar but I'm the type of person who will try anything to look good (lol). The ACV from Trader Joe's doesn't actually smell that bad. The smell isn't pleasant but it's completely tolerable as the smell is relatively faint. I always put in a couple drops of ACV and add a few drops of water to the mixture if the mixture is still too dry.
I purchased this after I ran out of my Borghese Fango Mud but decided that I didn't want to spend $60.00 if there are cheaper alternatives out there. After the first use, I noticed that many of the white/blackheads on my face were gone. Washing the mask off is a pain so I usually do it right before I hop into the shower. After washing it off, I put on a layer of toner and then a light layer of moisturizer. Will definitely repurchase after I run out.

on 2/19/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

WOW! I was browsing the product aisle at Whole Foods yesterday and came across this mask. At $10, I thought why not? But before I used it I read the reviews -- then I couldn't wait to try it after all the rave! So today I used it, mixed with ACV and Manuka Honey.

(NOTE: This type of honey (Manuka) is unbelievable. It's very expensive, but worth every penny. It's something like 100x more disinfecting than tea tree oil. Also, you get a lot in the jar and you only need a little at a time. I mix it with dissolved aspirin as a mask -- it's just amazing and I notice a difference after just one application. If I'm super dry, I'll even sleep with it on my face. When I wake up, not only am I not dry, but the lines are gone.

Anyway, this Indian Healing mask has shown the most improvement in just one application than any other mask. My skin was glowing and so soft. I swear old acne spots are a lot lighter. I didn't even have time to leave it on more than 10 minutes.

I really recommend mixing it with the honey and ACV. I think the ACV alone would strip the skin, but the honey allows all the products to work in harmony without drying you out. I've tried the Queen Helene mask and it did nothing for me.

Lastly, I think applying a thin layer is best. From the reviews I read, if the mask is too thick, it will not harden and do its job.

UPDATE... 5 weeks later (March 25, 2008)

I still LOVE this stuff. Actually it's my favorite thing that i use. i can use it as i often as i want. I ge the best results by using my microdermasion (which is just an oil of olay brand from costco), then i mix the clay powder with ACV to form a thick paste. I really only use like a teaspoon of the powder -- a little goes a long way. Above I described mixing the mask with ACV and honey. Now I only mix it with the ACV, as I think it clears things up a little more. I leave it on as long as i can, even up to 45 minutes. Your face will be blotchy with redness. This goes away within a few minutes.

After the mask is washed off, i'll rub Manuka Honey all over my face and sleep with it on (see my review above). This is not comfortable by any means and it's sticky, so put a towel over your pillow. But I'm one of those people who is willing to sacrifice for good skin, so it's fine for me. I'm also single, so there's no one to complain about it ;-)

I tend to "pick" my face (the worst thing I can do). This causes breakouts and redness. If I've been picking, then I do the mask then honey thing, it's all gone by morning. No redness, no zits.