Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

This is a HG product!!!! I am 7 months pregnant and I have been trying not to use any chemical products on my skin out of precaution. However my hormones have been all over the place and acne cysts have appeared on my chin and jaw area. My ob gyn said I could try natural masks to really cleanse my skin. I had a jar of Aztec Indian Clay but had only used it once before, at the time I felt it did leave my skin feel clean but my skin was pretty clear and glowy to begin with.
I mixed the clay in equal proportion with APV and wow, what a difference it made!!! Although my skin was red right after I washed off the mask but it dried out my acne spots, made them less visible and gave my overall face a nice glow!!! I would recommend this to anyone (unless you have sensitive skin, you may want to test this first at a less visible area of your face). It is affordable, natural and long lasting!!!! Who needs expensive facials if you can clear the impurities at home with a jar of this miracle clay!

I would never have found this stuff without reading about it on reviews on this site. Then, I looked at Acne.org (where it was reviewed highly) and Amazon (also reviewed highly)---there's a lot of consistency. Plus, I found it on Amazon for less than 10 dollars. For the tub you get, this will last you forever.

It does, after about 10 minutes for me, feel like its "pulsating." It also is extremely tightening---to the point that it is a little bit uncomfortable. The directions say to mix it with apple cider vinegar, which I do and do not find to be irritating (though a bit smelly). Organic, raw apple cider vinegar is best with the "mother" still in it as many reviews mention. I notice some reviews say it works with water as well but I have not tried that. I imagine it may be a bit more challenging to mix, as with the apple cider vinegar---it fizzes and makes it easier. Also, the directions say to keep this away from metals (with mixing or storage). I put it in a little plastic bowl and store with a wooden stick.

I was a bit concerned that it would be too drying based on some of the reviews. I have combination, acne-prone skin. I do sometimes get a bit of dry skin afterwards, but if you follow this up with jojoba oil (see the reviews for that with acne prone skin), you can get great results if you are prone to dry skin. It does lead my skin red as it warns that it might---due to increased circulation---so this is definitely best as a before bed kind of thing. The redness lasts a few hours for me.

This pulls everything to the surface---it's like having ultra powerful biore pore cleansing strips all over your face. Highly recommend.

on 11/19/2013 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Amazing product, so far!

A little about me, I've had acne, pimples and spots since puberty and very oily skin. I've been on many types of medicated face washes, creams, antibiotics, and even Roaccutane. I have also tried many many natural remedies with no success only Roaccutane worked for a little while. Which I found amazing, it got rid of my oily skin, which it turn got rid of the spots. Unfortunately when I finished the course the oil came back and then so did the spots. :-(.

After reading many many reviews on here I have decided to try Bentonite clay masks with apple cider vinegar. I purchased the clay from eBay 250g for £2.75 (free postage). I tried the first one on Sunday, I use a plastic bowl and plastic brush (hair dying kit) to mix and apply. Which I apply in two thin coates. The mask really smells and makes my eyes water and I get the tingling and pulsating sensation (people have mentioned) apply on my face, neck and chest. I manned up, a little discomfort will not kill me, lol. Current skin condition is oily and I have small spots all over my face and a few deep and painful spots.

The mask dries very well and tight, someone mentioned the fish lips lol, which I definitely get. I kept it on for 30 to 40 minutes, I wash off by wettig the mask then rubbing off in circular motions to exfoliate. My skin is very red afterwards.

I then pat my face dry and I think it is very important to use a good and heavy moisturiser as this mask is very drying (even) for my oily skin. The following day I had really soft and smooth skin despite the spots I currently have and no oil! :-).

Overall I have done the mask twice in one week. It's too soon to say weather it's helping the spots but my oil and spots dried up for a day and skin felt amazing. I will be buying when I run out, if you have similar skin to mine (oily and spot prone) you should try it. Xx

on 11/2/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

My skin is very sensitive, dry, and acne prone.

I was scared to try this clay because of the reviews citing the drying, pulsing & tightening effects that some reviewers felt. However overall the reviews were so positive & the product so cheap I decided to give it a try with a twist tailored to my skin issues. I used the clay but added 100% aloe vera juice & Bragg's ACV in a ratio of 1:3, 5 drops of tea tree oil, & 1/4 of an avocado. I left this on for abt 30 mins. With this mixture I avoided the pulsating & drying effects of the clay. When I removed the mask my skin was glowing with no redness or irritation. After removal I put a blend of rice bran & jojoba oils on my skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This product is great. My skin isn't perfectly smooth yet because this mask keeps bringing stuff up to the surface. I love how deep this mask gets. I mix one spoonful of clay with one cap of organic apple cider vinegar. I get a nice smooth consistency that way. I'm amazed by how little I have to use. I leave on for about thirty minutes. I'll definitely buy again once(if I ever) run out.

on 9/24/2013 4:06:00 PM

I, also, do not understand the rave reviews on this products. I was tempted to purchase it years ago, when I was working the health food store circuit, but as a college student, I had no money. Good thing I didn't skip bus fare or food for buying this. I purchased it last week, along with the raw apple cider vinegar, and was so excited to try it. What a mess. What a stink. What a waste of time. I'm not sure what vulgar procedures my skin has gone through that other peoples' have not, but I did not have the incredible tingling, stinging, pore-sucking experience everyone else writes about. The mask dried. I removed it. And other than having eyebrows that needed extra cleaning, my skin was no better & no worse. It was not monumental. I have used far better masks, with far less prep & clean-up, that yield far better results.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

You wouldn't expect it looking at it, but the Aztec clay is pretty awesome. I have oily, ruddy skin with big pores on my cheeks, nose, and chin - pores so big that applying anything opaque on my face (foundation, concealer, this stuff) will suddenly be dotted with pinprick holes. I have only occasional acne problems though, usually on my jawline where I'm resting my chin in my hands or hormonal breakouts. The big issue with me is redness.

I picked this up at Sprouts for about 9 bucks. Since you're only using a teaspoon of it, it will last years. Be careful when opening it because there is only the plastic lid between you and the powder - there is no cardboard circle like some companies do with moisturisers and stuff. Because my skin is not particularly sensitive, I tried it with apple cider vinegar which makes it smell godawful, but it starts fizzing and bubbling and then turns the clay powder into a sort of mousse-textured paste. This is the best form and I think is the easiest to apply. I use it once every three days. Some people with dry or sensitive skin might want to stick to weekly.

Smear it all over your face in a relatively thin layer because any thick areas take a lot longer to dry. A lot of the time there are patches that have not completely dried after 20-30 minutes on my face, but I wash it off at that time anyway, because much longer and my skin will itch like crazy. The process of it drying and tightening on the skin is what makes it "pulsate" and your skin will very likely be quite red after you take it off, as if you got a sunburn. This fades in about 30 minutes after the first time - my first time using it took 45-60 minutes to fade. I noticed that the skin on my neck really doesn't like the clay, so I try to only apply it to my face and the very edge of my jaw.
To take it off, I like to have a washcloth on hand whether I am in the shower or not and wet the cloth, then press it gently to an area of my face to loosen the stuff that has really dried. The clay will soften and then come off pretty easily on the washcloth. It'll leave a bit of a stain, but it comes out in the washer. I work on one area at a time so that I don't do any damage by scrubbing. Make sure to moisturise afterward no matter what kind of skin you have. I attempted to re-try argan oil as a moisuriser after this and it continued to not work out for me very well, so I just use my regular Clinque gel instead.

What I didn't get: any visible pore gunk pushing to the surface, noticeable pore disappearance, breakouts caused by skin purging, or any scar fading.
What I did get: smooth, soft skin that was notably less red after the "sunburn" faded with maybe a slight shrinking in pores, a good time rocking around my house singing Wild Thing with all the wilds replaced by the word swamp, and it seemed like my foundation (Hourglass Immaculate) went on smoother and easier.

Overall I really like this mask and would repurchase.

on 8/21/2013 10:39:00 AM

This is the best mask I ever used . It make my skin vey clean and help my acne skin to be more clearer.

on 7/22/2013 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

This is one of my *favouritest* products EVER. I'd use this about once or twice a week, and this clay would just clear up all the dry flakes and about 90% of my congested pores (there are always those nasty ones that only the Biore strips could help). Also, those red spots that you just *know* will be giving you acne hell in a day or two unless you do something about them, this product will definitely help you in clearing them up. And also, this product is definitely so NOT expensive!!! For under $10, you have this quantity that would last for about 9-12 months, as you'd need just a spoonful of it, which you can then just mix with regular water. Loves it. No weird flowery scents, no stinging sensations, just great, pure clay product. Super highly recommended, even for those with highly sensitive, acne-prone, easily clogged-up skin such as mine!!!

on 7/16/2013 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The drawing power of this stuff was proven to me after I put it on a brown recluse bite that was getting hugely infected on the side of my knee. I was about to head to the doctor, but tried this instead. I covered the whole red area with a thick layer of this stuff and put a big waterproof bandage over it to keep it moist. It pulled out the whole infection in about 24 hours. It saved me from needing antibiotics and a huge doctor bill (or possibly worse...just google pictures of staph infections from a recluse bite! Ugh!). I know this is a gross story, but I wanted to get it out there that this can be used for more than just beauty purposes.

I do use this as a face mask, as well, and find that if I use it around my "Time of the Month," it completely eliminates and prevents the blemishes I usually get around my chin and jawline. Yes, it leaves your skin red for an hour or so, but the benefits are totally worth it.