Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I ordered one and was sent another in the mail for free, so I have a ton of this stuff for probably years to come. This is as intense as people say. I mainly wanted to see what it would do for my skin since it's similar to many spa masks. If you don't have acne prone, sensitive, or heavily congested skin then you can use a drop or two of lavender oil in it. I have to disagree with another reviewer. You can use essential oils on your skin. Take a good look at most French pharmacy brands and even USA skin care products. Many in your cabinet at home have essential oils in very low amounts. It depends on your skin. For me this just pulls all of the city gunk from my pores and gives a deeper clean, but I don't use it too often. Once a month or less is enough.

on 4/26/2015 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this mask based on the good reviews here. I was hoping it would help settle down the breakouts on my face I get from time to time but also the horrendous bout of bacne I have been battling for over a month now. Got a massive tub of it from Amazon for less than AU$20 inc shipping (can't remember exactly what I paid). I don't know if it is sold in health shops here in Australia but Amazon was convenient and I think it was sold out on iHerb.
Anyway the first few times I tried it I mixed it with water and the consistency was always a bit weird, like it wouldn't mix properly. It did do a good job of calming down my inflamed skin on my face and my back, drawing large under-skin pimples to the surface and getting rid of the crap that had accumulated in my pores.
However, last night I tried it with ACV (just Skipping Girl brand from the supermarket, nothing fancy) and wow! Results were a million times better. The mixture kind of foams up and spreads really easily. I don't think I got any of that "pulsating" feeling but I left it on my face for about 45 minutes, until it had dried, and washed it off with hot water and a face washer. I left it on my back overnight and washed it off this morning. The skin on my face was a little red but quite clear and the couple of pimples I had had subsided in size and in redness. This morning when I woke up my face looked amazing, like my pores had been vacuumed out. My skin was really even toned with no redness and the pimples were flat and far less inflamed. It did bring a couple of little whiteheads to the surface but I wasn't surprised about this. The pimples on my back are way flatter, much less painful and feel like they are on their way to healing. I plan to use this on my back and on the pimples on my face as a spot treatment until they are all healed.
For the price and the effectiveness this stuff can't be beaten.

on 4/23/2015 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I tried this yesterday for the first time. Ordered from Amazon for less than $10 for a 1lb tub. I suspect this will last months which is awesome.
Do not bother following the directions on the tub, it will not work well. It says to mix 1:1 of the clay to water or apple cider vinegar. You really need more acv because this is dry powder dust and if you want a smooth paste you will need more liquid. I put in a bit of water too just to dilute the acv smell.
It also says to apply 1/4-1/2" layer. Don't!! That's such a waste of the product, plus it does not work as it will take like two hours to dry that way. Who has time for that?!

I mixed it according to the directions and left it on for about 35-40 minutes. Did not notice and pulsating and the mask just was not drying but it was cracking and coming off in chunks though still moist. I peeled off big chunks of it, threw them in the trash, and spread the rest on my face somewhat evenly. Since I had it on already for almost an hour I got impatient and dried my face with a blowdryer. My skin was really tight and weird, but still no pulsating.
After washing it off, which took like 5+ minutes, my face was a bit red but that only lasted for about 10 minutes or so. My pores definitely look smaller and face is smoother.
I plan on using it again today, correctly, as I can tell this is a really good product that actually works if used correctly in a thin layer.
No other mask has worked for me and I have tried many.

I don't have skin issues other than large and clogged pores for which this seems to be perfect. Use a moisturized afterwards as it is very drying.

All in all, great, inexpensive product that I look forward to using regularly.

Tip: This is clay, so do not wash it down the drain in clumps as it will clog up everything.

Update: After using it everyday for a few days now I have figured out better ways to mix and apply. I mix only about a teaspoon to two depending on if I'm using it on my whole face or just areas that need it, like nose and cheeks. A very thin layer is all thats necessary otherwise it won't dry for at least 30 minutes but will still crack. The pulsating happens only when it's super dry and tight on ur face, but I never let it get that far bcs it takes sooooo long to dry.
Pores are cleaner but not significantly smaller or super clean. There is still oil that I can see so I should probably just get a good bha for that. I'm taking away a point because I really don't see why the product is so highly rated by everyone other than it is good for the price and amount you get. I will probably still repurchase.

I feel like this REALLY cleans out my pores!
note: I have sensitive, combo skin and this doesnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all!
I've only used this as a face mask & acne spot treatment.
I purchase this at the vitamin shoppe, or order online. It's totally worth it because you get SOOOO much product and only use a little bit at a time. I can barely use it all up before it expires. Considering how much product you get it really isn't a bad price.
I mix equal parts of this powder with bragg organic apple cider vinegar (highly suggest this mixture, it is definitely better than just mixing with water)

I mix it in a bag, then rub on my face and leave on for about 15 minutes.
The sensation is hard to explain, it is like a pulsing/pulling/tightening feeling!! I can't handle it for more than 15 minutes until I have to take off the mask. my face is a little red afterwards but that goes away. I take it off with water then usually use a gentle hydrating cleanser like cerave or even cetaphil, then put on a gentle moisturizer since the mask can leave me dry.
but once I use this, HOLY COW my skin is sooooo clear and I feel like all the gunk in my pores is out. it feels SO CLEAN
once a week I do it all over my face and other than that I use it as a spot treatment or just around my nose/tzone/acne prone areas.
the only cons are the smell, it's kind of messy, takes time to prepare, and difficult to take off. The pulling feeling it gives when it's on your face is odd, but not a big deal. the end result is definitely worth it

IMPORTANT:
When you mix this with water or the organic apple cider vinegar it makes this gross paste. (if you spill some powder, vacuum it up.. do not use a damp towel to wipe it up bc it'll turn into that paste). That paste should NOT be put down your drain. this is why I mix it in a plastic bag, put it on my face via plastic bag so nothing has to be washed. IMPORTANT: when you take off the mask do not let any go down the drain!! I use damp paper towels then throw them in the trash.

I'm so sick of masks not doing anything, so this mask is totally worth the extra trouble. It is more time consuming than squeezing product from a tube and jumping in the shower to rinse off. I'm seriously so lazy but I will definitely spend time on this mask. Once you do it a couple times it's not a big deal
I know it's hard to find, smells bad, you have to be extra careful, can't go down the drain, feels weird, etc but I SWEAR THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH IT. it has made such a difference in my skin. I've stopped using other face masks because this one is amazing. it seriously gets my pores soooo cleaned out. definitely worth it. it's my secret weapon and i highly recommend it.

on 2/28/2015 11:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wanting to buy the Nu Skin Epoch Mud Mask but I've read a lot of reviews here on this mask. It's my first time to try this with Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar on equal parts. I have stubborn acne and oily skin. I bought this out of desperation to end this acne life! It's cheap and a tub would last me maybe more than a year. I felt the strong pulsate like pulling my skin, like blood circulating to the surface. it dried hard on my face and rinsing is a lot of work. Mind the clay clogging the sink! As expected my face was red, I toned and moisturize afterward. Acne is still visible but it came to the surface. I will repeat after 2 days. Overall I'm satisfied!

It does purify your face quite well. I can see a difference in the face after using it. The pores are not so clogged, and appear to look lighter in colour. No miracle here, but a very good job. And the price is good too.
The drawback is the necessity of mixing it all yourself, and the strong clay smell. A small amount is enough for the whole face: around 20 ml.

on 11/24/2014 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I LOVE this product! I use it for face masks as well as hair treatments when mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey. It's so inexpensive as well. I would definitely recommend!

on 8/29/2014 6:15:00 PM

My favorite Mask!

on 7/12/2014 10:19:00 AM

My skin has been unusually congested the past couple of months, so I decided to try this. I purchased the 1lb. Jar off of Amazon (I believe it was approximately $5.00, so it is very cheap), and it comes as a dry powder, so you can add either apple cider vinegar to it (as I did), or water to make your paste.

I mixed mine in a small ziplock bag, and applied with my fingers. I let it dry approx. 20 minutes and then took a warm, wet paper towel and placed that on my face to loosen up the dried clay. I closed my sink drain and put a plastic shopping bag in the sink to catch any loose chunks of clay, and then just wiped the rest off with the wet paper towels. I then rinsed my face with warm water and applied Cerave lotion. There was a small amount of redness on my forehead, almost like when you get a little too much sun, but nothing bad.

This morning, I could see a major difference in my skin. The pores on my nose looked better, a few blemishes on my cheek had flattened completely, and the area which has been plaguing me the most (between my eyes on the top of my nose) had no bumps. No dryness or flaking, and the slight redness from last night is completely gone.

I'm glad that I used it all over my face, and I'll probably continue to do so on occasion, but I now plan to use this as a spot treatment a few times a week (mainly on my nose or chin). I put a little more on my nose today and also a dab on the spots which still remain.

This time, I used the plastic cap from a bottle of toner (so any clean, plastic cap will work) and a q-tip to mix and apply this, so there was no mess. I'll do it this way from now on when I only have to use this on specific areas.

Hope this helps! I definitely think this is worth a try for anyone with clogged pores. The price is right and I'm happy with the results I've gotten...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Oh my god. This. Stuff.

… I've struggled with congested skin for years - the only time I've been truly happy with my face was a two-year stint on a now discontinued birth control. It's not that bad - my pores are small, but each one is clogged with a small grain of sebum or sebaceous filament that I have to manually extract every night. My skin is oily deep underneath, and super-dry on top. Also, since I'm no longer on BC, I get several (read - 3 to 5) cysts that take forever to heal during my period (though Mario Badescu's drying cream has definitely helped.) I've had a little help from MUAC's retinol and Paula's BHA - they make me look fresh, but still - clogs, refilling every day. Benzoyl peroxide does nothing for me - nothing for the clogs, nothing for the cysts.

I'd read about this stuff in a magazine once, but somehow forgot about it. Now, with my skin worse than ever, overproducing oil after a long dry Chicago winter, and too much dairy that made me break out in five major cysts, I decided to go for a clay mask. I looked at GlamGlow, but decided I'd rather spend 70 bucks on a good serum versus a generic mud mask - and then I remembered this stuff.

I used it for the first time last night, and wasn't overwhelmed… It was easy to use (1 to 1 with apple cider vinegar), the pulsating was kind of hilarious (though I couldn't laugh; the mask had stretched my skin SO tight, as if it had been botoxed all over!)... I wiped it off with a warm washcloth, and was more pleased than shocked at the results. My skin looked fresher, it (surprisingly) didn't dry me out, and some small plugs came out easier than normal, but otherwise there were still filaments, a few PMS cysts trying to come out. So I slapped a mini-mask on the cystic spots as a spot-treatment in those areas and left it on for about three more hours.

When I washed that off - I was stunned. The cystic lumps had disappeared. Completely. My skin was a little red, but I went to bed super happy and optimistic, hoping the effect would stick. When I woke up this morning - Oh. My. God.

I was looking at the best skin of my life. No clogs had reappeared. The cystic red spots were gone without a trace. Everything glowed, and my face actually felt lighter, and more supple, where it usually feels weighed down and tired - probably from the excess oil. This is something I plan to use every other day as maintenance, versus a weekly special treatment, since it seems to have absorbed all excess oil from deep inside my skin and actually PREVENTED congestion.

It's so cheap, and there's so much of it, I can't imagine anyone not trying it out. It actually is the miracle for my congestion I've always wanted. HG.