Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 30-35
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.5

100 NATURAL CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 5/26/2017 12:56:00 AM

Oh la la, I found solution for my forever pimple face, I have used aztec clay mask + ACV for a month now, twice a week, 10min each time, I can clearly see my acne has gone 90%, some small pimple still there but much better than before, I have tried over the counter products but nothing work, Aztec clay mask is a treasure for me now, more over it is cheaper than expensive product I had tried even Glam glow mask. Only note that I would share is you need to test few time to find out best duration of time you leave the mask on your face, it is also depend on the texture of mask you make thick or liquidity mask so adjust time accordingly, first I leave it 20min and it make my skin supper dry & flaky, later I leave only 10min and seems my skin love it, noticeable pimple & black head has gone is a good sign for me. Good luck for anyone still struggling with acne.

on 5/2/2017 5:38:00 PM

Standard clay mask IMO. Wasn't blown away by this by any means. Maybe if you have oily or even normal skin, this would be better. However, I have dry skin and this did that no favors. I much prefer the Dead Sea mask over this. I found this very uncomfortable. I ended up giving it to a friend (who doesn't have dry skin, BTW) and she did not really care for it either as she felt the same way about it as I did. (dry and uncomfortable)

on 4/27/2017 2:28:00 PM

Ok, I've used this for about a month now so I figured it was time to review.

I have combination non-reactive skin and get random zits/hormonal acne. With the use of this (currently every third day), I have noticed that my pores on my cheeks and nose absolutely look smaller and it seems to have helped reduce the appearance of random whiteheads. It is slowly seeming to even my complexion out a bit, which is more than I can say for most of the chemical peels I've tried and pretty much everything else under the sun. It's not something sudden, at least for me, but it's a very gradual process that does seem to be getting better with time.

I mix with ACV only, which doesn't seem to irritate my skin, which I know others had problems with. One of the tips I read on amazon was that when you go to remove it, put a warm heated washcloth over your face for about 30 seconds to loosen the clay, then use that to gently rub the mask off. Let the washcloth dry out overnight and crackle the clay out in your grass or whatever, so you don't get it down in your drain, then wash it like normal. Works like a charm! Also, I use the super soft baby washcloths instead of regular ones because they're gentler on my skin.

Completely transformed my skin!! Please use with ACV and not water for beat results. If you have bad skin, use it every day at first and you will notice results within a week. Then you can use it weekly and the eventually less and less!

on 1/25/2017 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Great clay.
I mix this with a pot of hot green tea (powdered matcha tea- a lot of it, like, 1-2 tablespoons); chamomile tea (the contents of 1 tea bag) and charcoal (maybe 6-10 capsules). Sometimes I'll add aspirin if I need a bit of chemical exfoliation as well. Makes an amazing, sebum-sucking, high powered mask. Better than masks from Sephora etc for $$$$ for a fraction of the price. This recipe makes enough for maybe 3 masks.
I've tried so many different mask 'recipes'- so much fun to experiment with.
Before going on accutane, I would use this every other night and it really helped to prevent breakouts and sooth my skin.
I dont get breakouts post accutane, but I still use this once every week and it makes my skin very smooth afterwards.
This is really cheap on sites like iherb and this tub will last me forever. Well worth the price.

on 11/29/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Mixed with ACV, this is probably the best mask ever made!!! It's VERY VERY GOOD with cleaning pores, especially removing blackheads in the nose and cheek area. After using this, my skin looks clearer and less "red" and blotchy.

The clay is so flexible that you can use it in a lot of recipes that can cater to your own skin condition. My base recipe is 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp. Bragg ACV, leave on for 30-45 mins

I used to add 2-3 drops of tea tree oil with the base recipe, this made the mask smell better, but it did not seem to help with the zits.

Current favorite recipe: 1 tsp Aztec clay + 1 tsp Bragg ACV + 2 drops raw honey. Adding honey made the mask easier to wash out, it does not "completely" dry up, makes the mask smell better, and it leaves a very thin layer of moisture making my skin really soft.

Sometimes, I'll use a sheet mask after (chilled in the ref) for added moisture. Sometimes I'll skip the sheet mask and spot treat my acne with BP (2.5%), which will cause the zits to sting a little bit but it heals faster.

I use this weekly, and if I don't my skin will look duller. I've finished a whole tub of this. A WHOLE TUB!!! and I bought two tubs after, which I'm confident that I'll use to the last gram. Good thing that the product does not expire (I think)..

The only down side I see is that it clogs the drain in my bathroom sink. So I have to use the kitchen sink OR pour hot water on the bathroom sink after washing the clay from my face to avoid clogging the drain. But overall, I love this! And I will probably be using this continuously.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS!!! <3 <3 <3

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Great stuff! I use it with apple cider vinegar and my partner uses it with water. Both work well and leave the face so soft and smooth!
I have mild to moderate acne and this has never aggrevated may skin. I wouldn't say this has helped with preventing blemishes but it does minmize pores for a couple days. Also super cheap and the tub will last you a long time. I got mine on amazon :)

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I've used this as a face mask before, mixed with vinegar (I've also tried it with water, but it didn't mix very well. Vinegar works much better). I didn't really notice any chance for better or worse in my skin, though the tingling feeling while it was drying was kind of cool. I tried it on my teen daughter's acne-prone skin as well, and it didn't seem to help her out any and she did NOT care for the aforementioned tingling feeling.

So why would I give this stuff five lippies? Because last summer, I was eaten alive by sand fleas while vacationing at the beach. You heard me. Sand fleas. I was in hell, covered with itchy bites EVERYWHERE after lying in the sand all day. Apparently I'm particularly sensitive to the little bloodsuckers, too, because the bites swelled up terribly (mosquito bites do the same thing on me). I tried the usual topical anti-itch treatments and Benadryl, but nothing worked for long. I yearned for the sweet release of death. I was still in absolute misery when we got home, and it was by pure chance that I saw my jar of Aztec clay in the bathroom while I was desperately rummaging around for something else to try to relieve the intense itch.

I made up a batch of mask and slathered it on my bites. I can't describe in detail the relief I experienced on a family friendly website. But you can use your imagination. What was most incredible was the relief LASTED, even after I finally rinsed the stuff off. The bites shrunk, the swelling went down like magic, AND the itching was relieved for HOURS. It did take a second application the next day, but that was all it took. I could have been saved days of suffering if 1) I had been aware that sand fleas were A Thing on that particular beach, and/or 2) if I'd had that jar of Aztec clay on vacation.

So forget zits. BUG BITES. I've since tried it on mosquito bites as well. They look like red mountains on me, but Aztec clay knocks 'em out quickly. I love you, Aztec clay!

on 9/9/2016 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this package off of amazon for around 7 dollars for a large jar. It is a green powder that you mix with liquid of your choice to make a mask. Here is my favorite recipe:

I mix one tablespoon of aztec with one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and a half a teaspoon of tumeric. If I happen to have acne I add in either a drop of tea tree oil or toner. You could also mix in rose water.

It foams up and you paint it on your face. The smell is not totally terrible but apple cider vinegar is strong. It will tighten ALOT as it dries. To the point where the mask cracks and you can't talk without moving your face.If you dont like that feeling I suggest moving your face a lot while it is setting so it cant lock in place. Sometimes it is extra strong and I can feel it pulsating (for me personally I take that as a sign it is working!) I leave it on until it is totally dry (usually a half an hour). Then I apply warm water to my face and let it loosen up the mask. DO NOT TRY TO WASH IT OFF WITHOUT SOFTENING IT WITH WATER FIRST! And do not peel it off. ouch ouch ouch. Then I wash it off. HERE'S the deal... I am fair skinned. I do not dilute the mix with water. After removing the mask, my face is as red as a tomato for at least an hour.

I try to do this mask once a week before bed. When I wake up my skin just looks and feels better. If used regularly it really does diminish dark spots, however, they do appear again after discontinuing. This mask is really really good. And amazing for the price. I dont find it too harsh (breaking capillaries or drying out my skin excessively.

If you have the opportunity to try this mask I highly recommend it. I did see some reviews on amazon where it seems to have bad reviews with some people. If you are worried, definitely spot check first.

on 9/1/2016 12:32:00 PM

Here is an important tip when using this product, you must NOT use metal spoons, or metal anything while mixing or scooping. When you do, you break down the ions. When you break down the ions, there is less "pulling power" and that means you are ruining the effectiveness of the mask.I see all these great reviews, rightfully so. But everyone fails to mention no metal.
Anyways, I have combination skin, I'm 32, I love this product. All though at first it broke me out a little around my chin, I kept telling myself that it was happening because it was working. I always use this mask with Mother Apple Cider Vinegar. It makes for a much smoother mask. You can use water, but you end up with a clumpy mask. Also, I use a brush to apply this to my face. As using fingers can get messy very quick. I leave it on for about 15 minutes (anything longer and it's drying) I then get in the shower and wet a face cloth. I press the face cloth against my face to re-dampen the mask. It wipes off WAY easier that way and if you try to take this mask off dry, you could make microscopic cuts in the skin, and scratches. You're way better off pressing and making it damp again. Then wipe.
When I'm done, I immediately apply Argon Oil to my face while it's still damp from the shower. I do this before I even towel dry myself bc I want all the moisture to be locked in. My face feels so smooth and healthy after this mask. It improves the dull look I get once and a while. Also it helps with the white/blackheads. Not to mention this tub will last you FOREVER. Good stuff. I never use any other mask now, other than this. Everyone I've recommended this to, has loved it also.