Satellite Padparadscha

No Image

3.6

on 9/21/2008 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this perfume from a fellow MUAer and loved it. However, when I got the full bottle and started using it, I found out that it has very little staying power on me. I smell it for a bit and then it's completely gone. Some fragrances leave a lingering base note on my skin all day long, this one is just gone after the top and middle notes have evaporated. So I won't repurchase because it was pretty expensive. I still love the smell though. Spicy but very clean, not at all overpowering.

on 7/30/2008 10:35:00 AM

Ooh, I like this! Since I love woody scents (cedarwood, sandalwood), clovey, spicy scents, and I love 10CC, this is really a no-brainer. I purchased a nice big decant of this and wow, I love it! As another reviewer said, this really is 10CC with mulling spices or orange pomanders (I love the description of the chest filled with orange pomanders - now doesn't that sound divine!). Almost like a cross between 10CC and Eadward Indulge (my two favorite fragrances in the world). There's nothing to dislike here for me, except for the poor staying power. But I like this one enough to spritz away! I think this is FBW especially since that bottle is so darn cute and the price not too bad. If you like 10CC or similar (like Tam Dao) and spicy, clovey fragrances, give this a try! UPDATE: I bought a bottle and love it (so super adorably cute)! I almost want to give this 4.5 lippies as the only reason I'm taking off any points is for poor sillage. But it's a lovely fragrance!!

on 11/10/2006 2:22:00 PM

This is wonderful, and one of the two best fragrances I've come across in my search for my HG sandalwood (the other being Tam Dao, which is quite similar to my nose). Soft and subtle, not overtly masculine or feminine, with a sprinkling of warm spices that makes it perfect for the fall and winter. The only flaw is that, as with TD, the lasting power is terrible, which is why I took off a lippie. I've only used my sample 3 times and it's almost gone! Still, the bottle is gorgeous and the price is more than fair, so this may be my next FB purchase. Layers beautifully with Sage Pearl.

on 3/30/2006 11:06:00 PM

Padparadscha is strong enough for a man and soft enough for a woman. Satellite's gorgeous accessories are so colorfully ethnic and lavishly embellished I was surprised at how non-boho this scent is. I expected sweet, incensy, heavy. This is dry, bracingly woodsy and light. A dominant sandalwood and cedar heart is brought to the height of freshness by pepper and juniper. The amber and musk are very lightweight and almost indiscernible. If I were more of a woods-and-incense type of gal I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but since I'm not, I'm just hoping more people discover this unique, ultramodern creation.

on 3/15/2006 8:55:00 AM

I am so surprised at the low ratings for this because Padparadscha is actually a very good, well-composed musky woodsy fragrance. I cannot detect any amber in this, which is a good thing because I don't care much for amber in the first place. The spices and pepper give it a nice edge. But most of all, I think it's the juniper note that gives it a surprising and welcome greenness that really saves this fragrance from smelling like a common, department store creation. This is NOT a major note, but it's truly a wondrous thing smelling it along with the dry cedar and sandalwood and the kicky pepper. This scent conjures up images of calm, majestic pine tree forests, and its surprising greenness reminds me just a little bit of the hemlock in Ormonde for Women, one of my favorite fragrances. Gorgeous bottle.

on 1/31/2006 9:42:00 PM

Padparadscha really is a great winter scent. I definitely smelled a note of cedar, but quite subtle, blended in with the amber, musk and spice. The juniper adds a nice kick as well. This scent reminds me a bit of Idole de Lubin, a little of Musc Ravageur- all musky scents with hints of wood and spice. I think this may be my favorite of the three and I am looking forward to buying a full bottle next fall. Staying power on me was decent. I sprayed in the morning and I smell vague traces of fragrance 12 hours later, so it was with me most of the day.

on 11/23/2008 8:51:00 PM

Very nice. Soft and warm. Spicy like Chilly Peppers. Sexy and intriguing. I pick up a little berry but Sandalwood is the main drydown. I'm really liking this. This could be unisex b/c it's so woody. This is Great for the cold winter months. This is not your typical floral, fruity, soapy, sweet, it's none of those things. It's Woody and Spice and all but Nice..

I approached this fragrance quite suspiciously, as I have been very unlucky with Satellite other scents: Ipanema=burnt sugar, 40 a l'ombre=rotten grapefruit, A la figue=a bit better, but then again that burnt sugar emerges...
At first spray I almost choked: the alcoholic content is very high. After it evaporated, my first impression was still negative, due to too much cedar and too sharp pepper (I rarely appreciate pepper in fragrances). But ten minutes later I had to rejoice as I began to smell a divine blend of soft woods, especially sandalwood and cinnamon: so good, warm and spicy actually, I would chose it for my Christmas night. Many claim that the amber is hardly detectable, but I'd say it's there, in that discrete wave of powder that tones down the woods and gives the scent some volume, even some sillage. What I can smell really well is the bitter, balsamic, slightly salty juniper berries.
I'm really surprised by this fragrance as its notes are not my favourites, yet their composition achieve that lovely balance that keeps my nose wanting for more. I'm considering it to be my next purchase.
UPDATE: my DH was sitting next to me and started noticing my smell, saying: "really, your cooling foot lotion is quite stinky, you now?"

on 2/17/2007 9:40:00 AM

I received a decant, as an extra from a wonderful swapper without asking for it, or ever even hearing of it. It was LOVE and first sniff. This scent is mesmerizing. My first few experiences with Padparadscha were spritual. It's the most lovely sandalwood I've ever smelled. VERY sexy and I've had men and women swoon over me. LOL! It doesn't get powdery on me, as sandalwood often does. The fragrance stays true, is very long lasting, and gets more and more sensual as it dries down. I find it to be a spicy fragrance with intrigue, but one that is very wearable for a woman.

With 1/2 of my decant gone I asked DH to buy me a bottle for V-day. The bottle is gorgeous too! I love this scent and it will forever be a staple on my vanity. :)

on 8/26/2006 1:45:00 AM

Allright, i allready own a bottle of this and that might say a lot.I'm extremely satisfied by this one.I thinkthat the blending is of the highest rate cause i don't get the individual notes just a powerful melange of all the sacred and precious materials in the world.It starts like a spicy evergreen bush combined with deep and resinous woodchips that after a while produce the heat of a warmed by flames cedar tree.i don't consider myself witout it.

Popular Fragrances