Satellite Padparadscha

No Image

3.6

on 12/18/2007 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i dont know about this...personally fragrances with 'peppery' note do not like me. it smelled like someone sprinkled black pepper on dirty socks...no thanks.
it is however quite a dynamic scent and tenacious! even after a shower i still smelled it...worth trying if you dig spicy scents, maybe youll have better luck than i did

on 11/10/2006 2:22:00 PM

This is wonderful, and one of the two best fragrances I've come across in my search for my HG sandalwood (the other being Tam Dao, which is quite similar to my nose). Soft and subtle, not overtly masculine or feminine, with a sprinkling of warm spices that makes it perfect for the fall and winter. The only flaw is that, as with TD, the lasting power is terrible, which is why I took off a lippie. I've only used my sample 3 times and it's almost gone! Still, the bottle is gorgeous and the price is more than fair, so this may be my next FB purchase. Layers beautifully with Sage Pearl.

I got a sample of this with my 10 Corso Como order and it's quite similar (sandalwood and musk) but lusher, less sharp, and more feminine. It's a lovely woody incense scent but I didn't fall instantly in love like I did with 10CC, and I feel a little like I'm wearing someone else's perfume (much to the relief of my credit card). Lasting power is terrible on me, so the rating drops from 4 to 3 lippies.

on 6/8/2006 9:53:00 AM

The first sandalwood I actually ADORE. Padparadscha is the sexiest perfume I have smelled in a long time, perhaps what Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur had wanted to be (read orange-y sexy musk/skin scent). I would call it more than anything "biting", a fragrance you can really sink your teeth into, undoubtedbly suited equally for a woman or a man, sexy on anyone I can think of and not overly stylish or exhibiting pretense...genuine. The notes have been described beautifully below, I can only add that this perfume (and it is edp, 100 ml at a Great price) is worth it, no hype, a true gem, and indeed rather a skin scent. The notes (amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper) balance each other beautifully, making this also especially an accessible scent, very pleasing, not difficult imo. It is a scent that says "yes" to me, it's encouraging somehow and despite an oriental quality works for me in hot weather too. Indeed, the amber is not very present to my nose but acts as a soft counterpart to the orange-y spiciness which to me comes from the cedar, juniper (fresh and bracing) and pepper overlaying the musk and sandalwood which keep me sniffing my body where sprayed. I haven't been this intrigued by a pepper scent since Caron's Coup de Fouet (pepper leading into carnation). A keeper. I like the accessibility, the oomph from the spices, and especially that musk/sandalwood combination which makes for a perfume that enhances my skin, does not feel artificial and is "pleasant" in the best possible way without being boring. An happy Smile! full of promise...

on 3/30/2006 11:06:00 PM

Padparadscha is strong enough for a man and soft enough for a woman. Satellite's gorgeous accessories are so colorfully ethnic and lavishly embellished I was surprised at how non-boho this scent is. I expected sweet, incensy, heavy. This is dry, bracingly woodsy and light. A dominant sandalwood and cedar heart is brought to the height of freshness by pepper and juniper. The amber and musk are very lightweight and almost indiscernible. If I were more of a woods-and-incense type of gal I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but since I'm not, I'm just hoping more people discover this unique, ultramodern creation.

on 3/15/2006 8:55:00 AM

I am so surprised at the low ratings for this because Padparadscha is actually a very good, well-composed musky woodsy fragrance. I cannot detect any amber in this, which is a good thing because I don't care much for amber in the first place. The spices and pepper give it a nice edge. But most of all, I think it's the juniper note that gives it a surprising and welcome greenness that really saves this fragrance from smelling like a common, department store creation. This is NOT a major note, but it's truly a wondrous thing smelling it along with the dry cedar and sandalwood and the kicky pepper. This scent conjures up images of calm, majestic pine tree forests, and its surprising greenness reminds me just a little bit of the hemlock in Ormonde for Women, one of my favorite fragrances. Gorgeous bottle.

This was absolutely nothing like I thought it would be. I really dislike this a lot. If I had to give a quick description of this to someone I would say it smells like a mens cologne from a drugstore or a really cheap mainstream perfume. There is that common musky woodiness to it, the spice is barely there. When I think cheap perfume or cologne with a generic quality to it, that musky base that all mainstream scents seem to use....this is what it smells like to me. If I smelled this on someone in public I would think they were trying to hard to be unique and that they smelled exactly like a million other people who are trying to get a date for saturday night. I could not wash this one off fast enough and naturally it lasted forever and a day. The bad ones always do.

on 2/25/2006 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was hoping for a more prominent amber note, but disappointingly I get mostly cedar chest and cinnamon & cloves. I don't detect much amber at all - the cedar and spices overpower everything. It's not an unpleasant scent, just not something I would like to wear as a perfume....much too reminiscent of storage bins and Holiday potpourri.

on 2/11/2006 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To me, this scent is a little too cedary and harsh. I mostly smell a mixture of cedar, sandalwood, and a little bit of spice/cinnamon.

on 1/31/2006 9:42:00 PM

Padparadscha really is a great winter scent. I definitely smelled a note of cedar, but quite subtle, blended in with the amber, musk and spice. The juniper adds a nice kick as well. This scent reminds me a bit of Idole de Lubin, a little of Musc Ravageur- all musky scents with hints of wood and spice. I think this may be my favorite of the three and I am looking forward to buying a full bottle next fall. Staying power on me was decent. I sprayed in the morning and I smell vague traces of fragrance 12 hours later, so it was with me most of the day.

Popular Fragrances