REVLON Luxurious Lengths

REVLON Luxurious Lengths

2.9

on 10/12/2007 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this mascara. I have short, straight eyelashes & it seems to make them longer & thicker. I really like the brush which has a curved side which creates the curl & length & a flat side which deposits more color. I haven't had a problem with clumping so far. The downside for me is that it is harder to remove than other mascaras I've tried which is why I'm rating this a 3. But overall its a drugstore product I would buy again.

Earth to Revlon, if every other cosmetics company can make at least one good mascara, ask yourselves what you're doing wrong ???????? I have no idea where the name luxurious lengths came from, it doesn't give any length at all. I think Revlon needs a mascara intervention !

on 8/15/2007 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

If there's anyone who needs good mascara, it's me. I barely have any and what is there ain't too impressive. This stuff coated nicely without too many clumps. I got Black and I felt it darkened my lashed well enough to make them appear thicker. However, it didn't really add that much length nor did it hold the curl. It's not HG status but it's right in the middle there with Maybelline Great Lash and L'Oreal Voluminous.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I forgot how much I got this for but this mascara is pretty good compared to other drugstore mascaras. The short side will slightly plump up and blacken lashes while the longer bristles will lengthen lashes. I have asian lashes which can be so short but they become much longer. However, this dries really fast, can be clumpy, and the formula is so heavy it weighs lashes down so even if you use a lash curler your lashes droop down and becomes straight.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this mascara. Everytime I stray, I always end up coming back to this one! I have long lashes naturally, but they are not as thick as I would like them to be. Even though this mascara touts itself as a lengthening mascara, I find that it makes my lashes look more voluminous as well!

on 7/17/2007 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Blegh. That is all I have to say.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

This is the WORST mascara I've EVER used! It does absolutely NOTHING and the wand is a pain to use -- short bristles on one side, long on the other. The formula is such that it doesn't clump -- but then again rubbing water through your lashes also doesn't clump! This mascara has the effect of rubbing black water on your lashes. SAVE YOUR MONEY: don't buy this mascara. SAVE YOUR TIME: don't spend 20 minutes willing lashes to appear as you struggle with the disappointing wand and formula. DO NOT BUY THIS MASCARA!!!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my everyday mascara, in blackened brown. It is a complete pain in the ass to use, but I like the effect. I have naturally long, dark lashes. It does make them much longer, somewhat thicker and just more defined, but not unnaturally so. It's not a dramatic mascara.

Every time I read reviews about other mascaras like Voluminous or Diorshow or even Lash Exact I'm always like, "what is this, some enchanted mascara? You don't have to wipe off the brush, apply once, sweep across lashes horizontally, apply from the tip to every single lash, apply again from the top of the lashes, wipe down the lashes from clumps, wipe all the smudges off your eye lids, then wipe everything off your hands? What magical land does der Zaubermascara come from?"

Maybe with another brush it would be better. Or every package I've bought was past due. I consider it my "special needs" makeup tool. There are so many better mascaras out there, it's kind of like in 5th grade when I told my friends I liked the Monkees better than the Beatles. Obviously I'm embarrassingly wrong. But I just really like the lengthening effect without looking like the sleepy-eyed fringe on a drink-and-wet doll baby.

on 6/6/2007 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I got this for 2 bucks on clearance so I shouldn't complain,but is this the best they could do?? It doesn't make sense that a mascara doesn't add length,volume or any real definition. I still think that Loreal Voluminous is the best drugstore mascara there is.

on 5/9/2007 10:26:00 PM

I loved the results I got with this mascara. I got long defined lashes and they didn't get crispy are hard. Had no experience with clumps and found the brush to be helpful in seperating, lengthening, and defining. But I think my eyes are allergic to the mascara cause they were itchy ( I did everything in my power not to itch my eyes) and looked in the mirror and I had racoon eyes. I know I am allergic to L'oreal mascaras but i guess my eyes are sensitive to revlon's too :(