Revlon Luxurious Lengths

Revlon Luxurious Lengths

2.9

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I thought that this product was horrible. It didn't do anything for my lashes, maybe it's because the product was dried up before I bought it, but it looked like there was no mascara on the brush, and I thought this was a waste of money. After purchasing this mascara, I will never buy another Revlon mascara again. There's too much better mascaras out there.

on 10/2/2008 4:45:00 AM

This has got to be my worst mascara EVER. It doesn't curl nor lengthen, and it flakes like MAD. Shame on you Revlon :(

Basically, it coats your lashes but does not do a thing for them. I tried several light coats with drying between as well as slathering it on... nada. I wouldn't repurchase.. and I doubt I will use up what is left. It also flaked off rather quickly.

i'd like to be able to review this mascara properly, but to me the wand is so awful i literally can't get more than a scrape of this stuff onto my eyelashes!

on 7/10/2008 11:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

While this mascara has not QUITE been a HG for me, so far, I've found it to be second only to Maybelline Full and Soft in the many, MANY different drugstore mascaras I've tried over the years. In fact, the formulation of Revlon's Luxurious Lengths is quite similar to Full and Soft overall, but whereas Full and Soft is mainly designed to give the lashes greater fullness (hence the name!), Luxurious Lengths is more designed to provide length, which is what my own lashes really need.

The wand for Luxurious Lengths takes some getting used to. It is full on one side and flat on the other--the package explains that you are supposed to use the full side first to build length and curl, then switch to the flat side to add additional color and intensity as needed. Generally, I have found this to work for me, but it's still a little tricky. I have found that I have to sort of position the flat side at the bottom of my lashes and then twist the full side around them to get the best effect. This little bit of effort is worth it, though, as it definitely adds length to my notoriously short, stubby lashes and even a bit of curl as well. The effect is very natural--again, just as Full and Soft builds natural-looking volume, Luxurious Lengths builds natural-looking length, not spiky long lashes.

Like I said, I don't think this is quite a HG product. I did take off one lippie for the difficulties in using the wand--I also feel the need to wipe off the excess product, something I don't have to do when I use Full and Soft. However, I do find that the mascara works well with no clumping. Overall, I've been fairly impressed with this product, as it has given me the length I desire, and I would purchase it again.

on 7/4/2008 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This works for me. I have very, very hooded eyelids, where my lids sit on my lashes, unless I get scared :) and this does not smudge off onto them. This makes my lashes long, not too thick and they do not feel hard. I aim for a natural but enhanced look. I have it in blackest black and it is not waterproof.

on 4/27/2008 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this stuff, but I felt like ehhhhh there's a lot better. It's my favorite mascara that is cruelty free; Revlon doesn't test on animals. The brush is interesting, but I found myself only using the side with the long bristles. I won't purchase again, b/c like I said there is better out there.

on 4/23/2008 6:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I'm on the fence with this one. The formula is one of the dryer ones I've used. The brush has thick bristles; short on one side and longer on the other. The packaging is appealing, on the elegant side.
Product application: Very little volume or length. Not truely clumpy but definate baby clumps. I have this, as most of my mascaras, in waterproof. For such a natural look, in waterproof, this will only get play time on overnighters at the BF's - when I want a lil umf to my 'no mu' look. Otherwise it might work well on lower lashes for a bit of length without heavy thickening.
Would not repurchase for my needs but would recommend for others with good, tamed lashes needing just a bit of color.
BigLots about 2-3bucks.

on 4/9/2008 7:40:00 PM

My fav cruelty free mascara. Good if you already have nice eyelashes.

on 4/8/2008 2:20:00 AM

An HG for sure. I like this a little less than my favorite Maybelline Full n Soft. However, I buy this and not Maybelline any longer as Revlon does not test on animals. Gives great length and separates lashes well. If you twirl the brush on your lashes, you won't have a clumping problem at all. Adds some volume, but hey it's called Luxurious Lengths.. not Voluptuous Volume! Lives up to its name, and does it's job! The formula smells nice too!