Mary Kay Timewise Firming Eye Cream

3.7

I've been looking for a decent eyecream that doesn't irritate my eyes, doesn't give me milia and most of all, moisturizes and hydrates my delicate eye area. A long time user of Clinique All About Eyes, I have now to find something that works better than that. I had tried the Mary Kay Timewise Eye Cream in the tube, but this cream actually made my eye area look worse and didn't hydrate at all. This cream seems to be rather thick and difficult to spread, but the ingredients are nice and it seems to really moisturize my eye area. I've tried to use regular moisturizer for around the eyes, but that gives me either puffy eyes or it doesn't hydrate enough, or worse, it makes the skin around my eye sockets flake off!!! Anyway, I'll try this out and will update later. For now, here are the ingredients (and btw, just for the record, there is NO alcohol or fragrance in this):
WATER, PETROLATUM, MINERAL OIL, STEARIC ACID, SAFFLOWER SEED OIL, GRLYCERETH-26, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, CLYCERYL STEARATE, TRIISOSTEARYL, TRILINOLEATE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCERIN, ISOTRIDECYL STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, TRIETHANOLAMINE, STEARYL ALCOHOL, PEG-100 STEARATE, PALMITOYL TETRAPEPTIDE-3, PALMITOYL OLIGOPEPTIDE, DIPALMITOYL HYDROXYPROLINE, ANTHEMIX NOBILIS FLOWER EXTRACT, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF EXTRACT, TOCOPHEROL, PANTHENOL, BUTYLENE GLYCOL. + + + UPDATE: I still like the cream, but I am having trouble with it. If I am not really, REALLY careful, my eyes sting when applying the cream. What's good about it is that it so darn thick that you can't rub it in, you HAVE to dab it on with your finger, hence no rub-lines. The lotion "boogers" really bug me too, the packaging is not good at all. Screw top would be a lot better. No milia yet. Will update. + + + 2ND UPDATE: For a to me unknown reason, this eyecream has stopped making my eyes water. It doesn't bother me one bit. I am very happy about this development because this is so far the best eyecream I have ever used. Upgraded to 5 lippies.

It keeps the poofiness gone when my eyes swell from allergies or crying.

Former MK Consultant, this cream is not good for you. Basically it can do something temporary, but the ingridients are NOT GOOD for you at all. Watch out for ingredients with mineral oil, petroleum, beeswax, alcohol, collagen, lanolin, dyes & fragance, animal by-products.

I have tried all varieties of eye creams and moisturizers, hoping to reduce the appearance of crepey, lined skin under my eyes. I had given up hope of ever finding anything aside from Botox or surgery that would work, until I tried this cream. I have been using it for two weeks and definitely see a difference in the appearance of my skin. Maybe the ingredients are average, but they seem to last through the day and really hydrate and thus keep the skin nicely plumped. I have no trouble applying foundation over it. I can only hope they don't discontinue it.

I am really loving this....it makes the skin around my eyes firmer...I can really tell a differnce. I use this at night....a little too heavy for under concealer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Update: Week 3 and I've been waking with "allergic shiners" everyday. Folks have been asking me everyday if I'm alright!Finally figured out that I'm allergic to something in this new eye cream. Damn it all. Discontinued use and my eyes were itching madly and weeping, burning, and red. Ow! Beware! I've been using this for 2 weeks and I really like this. It is better than the the other Mk eye cream for moisturization for my mature eye area and does give some minute firming to my eye area. Granted it's temporary. I do love how my concealer goes on over this eye cream, so smooth. And the pump is good.